General Yuzuru Chat

I think it's better to assume that he won't go to GPF? The injury is pretty bad, even if not as bad as last season's, and I think this time Yuzu does need to take time off to heal properly.

My greedy self wants him, if World's is his goal, to just wait and heal and do not strain himself until then-drop GPF, drop JNats and drop 4CC. He needs the time.  On a positive note, he has now more time to recover than he did for the lead-up to PyeongChang. And with how things are shaping up, he might not need more than a 4S and a 4T.  Stamina has been in short supply in the men's, he just needs to go with his natural jumps and he'll probably still do fine.  Of all seasons to go easy on, this is the season.

9 hours ago, fyere0 said:

I'm not sure there's much more I can add that hasn't already been said and I'm feeling a little down, though hopeful. So I will go with a bit of levity. Yuzu looked very smooth maneuvering onto and off of the podium on those crutches and I would say with certainty that while most of the previous night was spent dutifully icing and elevating his foot, a small portion of it was probably spent image training and practicing.....I imagine this scenario:

Yuzu: *crutches himself onto the couch*

Yuzu: *crutches himself onto the coffee table*

Yuzu: *crutches himself onto the toilet lid*

Mom: Please stop.

Yuzu: I don't know how high the podium will be. I need to be prepared. I mean, I've never done a medal ceremony on crutches before and I don't want to screw it up. *preparation bounce*

Mom: There'll be people to help y-- YUZURU.

Yuzu: *yeets up onto the bathroom counter*

Mom: I very much doubt the podium will be that high.

Yuzu: Oh, that one was just to see if I could.

Mom: My sister's son works in a bank.....

4 hours ago, kelly said:

Close enough :rofl3:

:rofl:

Now, @fyere0, tell me! DO YOU LIVE WITH YUZU? 

I've been trying to avoid anything Yuzu-related the past few days since the injury. I just couldn't bear it. I couldn't understand why it had to happen again. It feels like the world is against him most of the time. 

Tbh, I wanted to tell him to just retire and live a happy and injury-free life. Away from haters. Away from people who drop him the moment he shows some imperfections. Because he doesn't deserve any of this. 

But this is a guy who skated the skate pf his life in painkillers. This is a guy who could've left and banked on his Olympic fame. This is a guy who just doesn't stop.

It still hurts, but I know Yuzu will come back stronger. Until then, we will be waiting patiently, lovingly, wholeheartedly. 

1 hour ago, ZuCritter said:

One tradition in many strains of Buddhism is to dedicate the merit of one's practice to something larger than oneself -- typically, to the enlightenment of all beings. So, for instance, a practitioner will often say a few words of dedication at the end of a meditation session. But it can apply to any situation in which the practitioner might accrue merit by making a a conscious attempt to live skillfully, with wisdom and compassion.

I've decided that for the foreseeable future, I will dedicate the merit of my practice, in part, to Yuzu's healing and happiness. I hope that will not only bring him some small measure of goodness, but it will inspire me to live in a way that generates merit, making me a little more conscious of my actions and spurring me to live my life a little more skillfully. 

For me this feels like a fitting way to repay the immense gift Yuzu gives me by skating, living and existing so beautifully. He makes the world a better place in so many ways; I hope I can make my tiny piece of the world a better place in tribute to him. 

Any other satellites who find this concept appealing are more than welcome to borrow it. 

Love and solace to each and every one. 

One of the interesting aspects of Yuzu is how much spiritual activity he's inspired in his fans.... I am Catholic and spent a good portion of last winter praying specific devotions for Yuzu's healing. There is no other athlete or public figure that has inspired me that way. 

If nothing else, it's an indication of just how pure his spirit is.

4小時前, kelly說:

Close enough :rofl3:

This boy....do practice as always even with crutch! :hihi:

一小時前, Anzi說:

Me too! That's exactly what my hindsight tells. I was so shocked as the moment he fell and the continue negative feeling was too overwhelming to let me rethink his aftermath managements. When I recall his reactions, all the decisions he made and his honest response on his injury condition, I am pretty much sure All things are under his control; all decisions are made based on his and his team's calculation. And he is experienced in injury recovery. So we should and must trust him. That's the only thing we can do.

Actually for the whole process of accident (4Lo fall...immediately think change layout -> leave to check) clearly show how much he learn from his pass experience

How can a 23 years old boy can be so calm and fast react for f/u solution? :gla:

It's because the past experience he faced and overcome are much more than other skaters.......As he also admit as a dramatic skating history for himself..... 

From 2014 COC -> 2016 Boston ->2017 NHK -> 2018 PC all those injury related competition make him growth and give him support and know about his body well

By watching the past history and his reaction, you can clearly see and feel how much he growth, this also give me strength to facing my live!

I think he will probably know his own foot situation and by his past experience in resting....rehab.....he will has a plan/idea on the minimum time he can back to competition

Again, this is some kind of re-injured his right ankle, may need more time to heal.......

Yuzu's injury broke my intent to study for a really important exam since I've been worrying about him since it happened. Time to work twice as hard today to make up for lost time :dontdothistome:

If anyone's got any "Do it for him" memes with Yuzu, please send em my way! Gonna need that motivation :headdesk2: