General Yuzuru Chat

Hi guys... I'm still feeling really down... I can't believe how long ago the SP feels from today. I watched the victory ceremony earlier today and it was really hard ;_; but I was also really glad to see him and his scrunchy smile ;_; I hope he could feel the love and support from everyone, and can rest and heal now. :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: 

Regarding Yuzu's recovery, at first for a split second after seeing the JSF statement, I was like OMG NO DON'T but then I realized it makes sense they would release such a statement at this time, and I'm not taking it too seriously. I don't doubt that Yuzu is putting all his energy into recovery, but I personally think (and hope) he won't risk his ankle again as soon as GPF or even Nats given what we know right now. Anyway, I trust him to make the best decision for himself, as always. 

Wow I finally got back from Moscow. It's hard to believe that half a moment ago we were counting down the days to see him in Helsinki, and now the Grand Prix series is drawing to a close. Fate is cruel to tell us that the happiness we felt when he broke four world records in a row, with seemingly no mental or physical obstacles in sight, was too good to be true and never meant to last. 

My flight was 12 hours, which actually felt like nothing compared to two girls who lived at my hostel who took a bus for over 24 hours from Ukraine. The first thing I did was check how Yuzu was at the medal ceremony, and I saw that he went in crutches. Somehow I expected he would show up in skates and just not jump or anything but of course that wasn't the reality, and seeing him vulnerable like that I just felt like I was stabbed in the heart. Yuzu, how is it possible to be such a fighter? You have the strength of a thousand warriors.

I think Yuzu's main source of strength is the people around him -- the people of Sendai, with whom he shares his childhood and a traumatic past; his fans from all over the world, many of whom he knows wake up at ungodly hours to stream his competitions and/or spend every last dollar to travel to far-off corners to see him; his idols Weir and Plushenko and more. And when he finds strength in them he also cannot let them down. That's why he is so extremely persistent at times, because these people give him so much strength, and because of that he will move mountain and earth to show his love for them. Every performance is a show of passion and love right from his heart for his fans, his idols, his family, and his people.

Well, I hope Yuzu knows that we as his fans are also willing to move mountain and earth to see him happy, because we find inspiration, motivation, passion, happiness, meaning, and more from watching him as an artist, a figure skater, and a role model. That the strong inspiration he finds in others, millions of people around the world find exactly the same inspiration in him.

Get better soon Yuzu, we are with you always <3

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

I already knew how much Russians like Yuzu but after this competition I'm just astounded. Russian girls of all ages adore him. Russian boys of all ages admire and fear him (if you're Dima Aliev :68468287:). He is a prize pupil of Brian Orser and still Eteri stayed by the rink to watch his short program. He has created world peace i.e. gotten Yagudin, Plushenko, Tarasova and Mishin to all wholeheartedly agree on the same thing. He had Yagudin on his feet applauding the iconic program music of his arch-rival. Every fed official present looked as proud of him as if he were their son. Yudzuru Khanyu indeed.

4 hours ago, fyere0 said:

I'm not sure there's much more I can add that hasn't already been said and I'm feeling a little down, though hopeful. So I will go with a bit of levity. Yuzu looked very smooth maneuvering onto and off of the podium on those crutches and I would say with certainty that while most of the previous night was spent dutifully icing and elevating his foot, a small portion of it was probably spent image training and practicing.....I imagine this scenario:

Yuzu: *crutches himself onto the couch*

Yuzu: *crutches himself onto the coffee table*

Yuzu: *crutches himself onto the toilet lid*

Mom: Please stop.

Yuzu: I don't know how high the podium will be. I need to be prepared. I mean, I've never done a medal ceremony on crutches before and I don't want to screw it up. *preparation bounce*

Mom: There'll be people to help y-- YUZURU.

Yuzu: *yeets up onto the bathroom counter*

Mom: I very much doubt the podium will be that high.

Yuzu: Oh, that one was just to see if I could.

Mom: My sister's son works in a bank.....

Close enough :rofl3:

4 hours ago, fyere0 said:

I'm not sure there's much more I can add that hasn't already been said and I'm feeling a little down, though hopeful. So I will go with a bit of levity. Yuzu looked very smooth maneuvering onto and off of the podium on those crutches and I would say with certainty that while most of the previous night was spent dutifully icing and elevating his foot, a small portion of it was probably spent image training and practicing.....I imagine this scenario:

Yuzu: *crutches himself onto the couch*

Yuzu: *crutches himself onto the coffee table*

Yuzu: *crutches himself onto the toilet lid*

Mom: Please stop.

Yuzu: I don't know how high the podium will be. I need to be prepared. I mean, I've never done a medal ceremony on crutches before and I don't want to screw it up. *preparation bounce*

Mom: There'll be people to help y-- YUZURU.

Yuzu: *yeets up onto the bathroom counter*

Mom: I very much doubt the podium will be that high.

Yuzu: Oh, that one was just to see if I could.

Mom: My sister's son works in a bank.....

Has this been posted?? He did practice getting on the podium!!

So the tarot topic is an interesting one to me since I’ve studied tarot a bit and have even done some readings for people that have proved to be very accurate to the situation that they were in at the time. I do think that it’s important to remember that tarot is not some magic system for predicting the future the way that some people think of it. (And to be clear I just mean that as a general statement, I’m not saying that anyone here was thinking that or was overreacting to the reading that was being discussed.) Readings are also partially dependent on the mindset of the reader and their own interpretation of the cards that they pull.

That being said, this discussion made me curious so I decided to grab my favorite deck and ‘inquire’ about Yuzu’s situation. This weekend has been bonkers enough for all Yuzu fans so why not. But I’ll spoiler cut it for those that don’t care about this topic.

Spoiler

So in asking about Yuzu’s current situation, the first card that I got is the Tower, which can represent unexpected change, upheaval, chaos, destruction, etc. Pretty self-explanatory and also sounds really negative on the surface, but this card can also represent the kind of ‘destruction’ that can clear the way for new evolution, for something more solid to be built in the place of what was there before. It’s represented in many decks by a bolt of lightning striking, which can set things aflame but can also bring flashes of great insight. “After a Tower experience, you will grow stronger, wiser and more resilient as you develop a new perspective on life you did not even know existed. These moments are necessary for your spiritual growth and enlightenment, and truth and honesty will bring about a positive change, even if you experience pain and anxiety throughout the process.”

Then in asking about Yuzu’s path through his current obstacles, I drew the Hierophant, which can represent a spiritual leader or just teachers/mentors in general and the pursuit of further knowledge/learning. It can represent various institutions/structures or traditional spiritual paths also, but I feel like the ‘teaching/learning and sharing of knowledge’ meaning might be most applicable here. “The card in the Advice position suggests a course of action which will harmonize what you want with what is currently possible. Develop your expertise, and have faith that you are a master in the making.” One interpretation that I think could apply here would be a situation where Yuzu trusts his medical team and follows their advice on treatment while also doing what he did last year and continuing to educate himself as much as possible about his injury and what his options are for rehab.

And finally, I asked for some indication regarding the future and what will be on the other side of this obstacle for Yuzu, and I drew the Three of Cups. This card can symbolize friendship and collaboration as well as celebration. It can represent the sense of positivity and inspiration that can come from being together in a group and finding community with like-minded people, whether it’s as friends or through working on something creative and positive together with others. “The network you interact with has a profound impact on your energy...You don’t have to go it alone. When you need support, turn to those you can count on.” Overall, this is a very warm, positive, and encouraging card to draw in this spot, and if I may editorialize a bit I would say that this could also be interpreted to mean that anything positive and encouraging that we can do as fans to show Yuzu our support will be a genuine help to him during this time.

If anyone had told me a year ago that I would be discussing tarot on a Yuzu fan forum, I would have been fully :english1:, but here we are. The Power of Zu. 

2 hours ago, SSS said:

It says there is the obstacle which may not be visible to them and it needs to be dealt with creatively. There are more ways than the only way they know which can solve the problem. They have the tendency to take risk and miss the creative way... I have a feeling that the obstacle is the injury or the current situation before GPF... To answer your question, "they have to" but the tarot result seems to be they cannot find it. ..remind you the result of OG was they would find creative/fresh way to solve the issue and the result would be beautiful...However, the result is a suggestion... so what are the creative ways...that is what I am currently thinking about. hope hope hope...:)

I feel like the outcome in this reading is exactly where Yuzuru is right now, so a new one is in order... Thanks @Vulnavia

Now he is looking at everything in a different light, thanks to the fall and starting with how he approached the FS. Like when he said maybe he caused this to happen (I forget the exact words), I don't think he was being fatalistic or self-blaming but really turning everything over in his mind to find what he might have missed or taken for granted, what he needs to change, etc.

Spoiler

Putting the Tumblr link for the previous reading here just for reference later:

http://quecksilver.tumblr.com/post/177872972183/figure-skating-tarot-yuzuru-hanyu