General Yuzuru Chat

11 hours ago, fireovertheice said:

I think he will WD GPF, but for a lot of reasons - personal and not - it's difficult to think calmly and to say it now. Don't know about Nats: it depends on diagnosis after a proper (not just palpation) check in Toronto.

I hope he can rest and take time to return at his best for 4CC and  Worlds.

I think it's encouraging - though sad - that he is talking about the possibility of not making either, he has accepted it may not happen and can concentrate on Worlds. In 2014, remember, he gave everyone ulcers, grey or falling hairs and conniptions by taking his stubborn competitive drive to way past the point of obstinacy....

11 hours ago, cirelle said:

Yeah, no one wanted to be here again. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

So basically we know nothing.

(Yes I’m apparently handling things by trying to research the heck out of them. I’m not even surprised.)

Do Not Trust Doctor Google. 

Seriously.

My own doctor has muttered dire things about the number of patients who look up their own symptoms and decide they are dying before coming to see him and be told it's minor.

I'm not sure there's much more I can add that hasn't already been said and I'm feeling a little down, though hopeful. So I will go with a bit of levity. Yuzu looked very smooth maneuvering onto and off of the podium on those crutches and I would say with certainty that while most of the previous night was spent dutifully icing and elevating his foot, a small portion of it was probably spent image training and practicing.....I imagine this scenario:

Yuzu: *crutches himself onto the couch*

Yuzu: *crutches himself onto the coffee table*

Yuzu: *crutches himself onto the toilet lid*

Mom: Please stop.

Yuzu: I don't know how high the podium will be. I need to be prepared. I mean, I've never done a medal ceremony on crutches before and I don't want to screw it up. *preparation bounce*

Mom: There'll be people to help y-- YUZURU.

Yuzu: *yeets up onto the bathroom counter*

Mom: I very much doubt the podium will be that high.

Yuzu: Oh, that one was just to see if I could.

Mom: My sister's son works in a bank.....

46 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

I'm not sure there's much more I can add that hasn't already been said and I'm feeling a little down, though hopeful. So I will go with a bit of levity. Yuzu looked very smooth maneuvering onto and off of the podium on those crutches and I would say with certainty that while most of the previous night was spent dutifully icing and elevating his foot, a small portion of it was probably spent image training and practicing.....I imagine this scenario:

Yuzu: I don't know how high the podium will be. I need to be prepared. I mean, I've never done a medal ceremony on crutches before and I don't want to screw it up. *preparation bounce*

Well that made me laugh.  Thanks for that.  I could just imagine him doing that!  😜 

I've been thinking about it and while obviously I know that, objectively speaking, skating while injured isn't the smartest thing to do, in a weird way I'm glad that Yuzu made the decision based on his own personal priorities. Of course I'm sure that some sense of obligation factored into the decision, like the fact that people like Edvin Marton, TAT, and Sasha Plushenko were there to see him skate, but those were 'obligations' coming from his own choice and desire to do this tribute program and skate it in Russia rather than external obligations imposed on him by the JSF or anyone else. In that sense, I respect his decision to skate, and while it sucks on toast to see his season derailed again, I think that this gold medal will mean a lot to him and I'm glad that he was able to go to the medal ceremony and feel the love and appreciation from everyone. 

1 hour ago, fyere0 said:

Thank you so much, first laugh since yesterday:img_21:

We know Yuzu likes to win. But when he decided to skate the FS in Russia, it wasn't just to win the competition or go to GPF. It was for something else - for himself, the people that inspired him, for his fans, and more - and that is immeasurable as well. After the 2nd OGM Yuzu doesn't have anything to prove anymore. Well, OT at this time but just wanted to say it.

Well, I don't know if i should mention this. but remember there was a tarot reading before NHK last year which was proved almost 100% correct (?) in 4 months after 18OG... The author had another reading in Sep this year and December is coming...as far as I know, everything else except the final outcome is ... correct...final outcome is waiting to be proved... the final outcome is talking about something Yuzu and his team cannot overcome with current approach but if they find a creative way (which is hard to be discovered)...:13877886: