General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

A lady who was holding a Pooh plushy after the FS may be  Ritsuko HORIUCHI (堀内律子), Director of JSA, but sorry I'm not totally sure.

List of Directors of JSA (it seems only five of them are women judging from their names.  And excepting 橋本聖子 (Seiko HASHIMOTO), 荒川静香 (Shizuka ARAKAWA), and 小林芳子 (Yoshiko KOBAYASHI), there are two unknown left, 堀内律子 (Ritsuko HORIUCHI) and 宇垣静子 (Shizuko UGAKI).  

https://skatingjapan.or.jp/jsf/

This is an only picture of 2013 that I found by searching with the name 堀内律子.  I couldn't find any of 宇垣静子.

https://www.joc.or.jp/games/univ/2013_winter/japan/pdf/figure.pdf#search='堀内律子+JSA'

(Figure skating section, second person from the top of the left column)

Do you think it the same person considering her age?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4sdNNb42II&t=420s

Hope my deduction is correct :68556365:

The lady at Sochi 2014 SP K&C with Yuzu is Kobayashi, idk the source but it's been known among the older fans for a while now, probably was shown in newspapers and stuff. 

The lady in your video is another person, we had a recent footage of Kobayashi with Yuzu/Brian/Ghislain and she still looked exactly the same as Sochi 2014, short hair and all. 

33 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Lol, if anyone had any doubts on where does Yuzuru's steel-like self criticism comes from... of course, if he thinks about all the people who sponsor him and give him money, all the people who work for him, directly and indirectly, the people close to him that worry for him... that kind of responsability is hard to carry. 
(don't take this the wrong way - I'm not judging Yumi at all but reading something like that, it does sound pretty harsh - but then again, Japanese culture is particular exactly for things like these, very different from my own culture. So I'm not gonna comment any further) 

Hmm. Yea I understand. I was paraphrasing though so don't take my word for granted.

I don't think it has anything to do with self-criticism, like my impression of the interviews/sources said that mama Yumi pretty much let Yuzu do whatever he wants (like gaming till morning and sleeping till noon lmao), never criticised Yuzu's skating, and Yuzu's insistence on perfection came long before he described this incident - there was a time when he was a kid where he'd train till midnight and refuse to get off the rink because he hasn't mastered a jump, and he just wanted keep winning like Plushenko I suppose - but showing gratefulness to others is something they cannot compromise on. It's a common value, not often preached but highly regarded. 

Also regarding the pressure, he has learned long ago to turn them into strength, like he main motivation for Olympics, breaking world records and such are clearly his personal desire, and has little to do with expectations. Sure they do weigh on him, but it's just his childhood dream to get 2 gold medals, he had told Brian that before Sochi 2014, and there are videos on his mindset for the 2015 GPF record. 

Perhaps it's cultural difference, when I read it it didn't come across that way, I thought it's pretty normal. Although I agree that mama Yumi is a strong person, she made sure to make meals that Yuzu could digest well (I heard he can't eat a lot of stuff lol), did a lot of things to support him, and being away from your husband for most of 6-7 years now must be difficult. 

Sorry I'm not comfortable at that phrase being taken that way, feel like it's being twisted because it certainly wasn't like that 

Seeing him in cruches again just broke my heart.

I have nothing but love, respect and endless admiration and gratitude for Yuzu. Like Raf said, God gave him a gift, and Yuzu is blessing us all by deciding to keep fighting and sharing his talent with all of us. 

Non mollare mai, Yuzu!