General Yuzuru Chat

40 minutes ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

After last year monstruosity of ginger, marshmallow and white chocolate I’ll never trust this boy with hot chocolate 

:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Eh, ginger, marshmallow and white chocolate are all p normal stuff to put in hot chocolate imo.... not together at once maybe personally not a marshmallow fan but it's hardly the worst thing you could do to hot chocolate white hot chocolate and white chocolate latte is the real lie

This is really off topic and I didn’t know where to post it, but it made me really happy so I wanted to share it. (If this is the wrong thread I’m really sorry!)

Anyway, my mum used to watch figure skating back when Katarina Witt was competing, but hasn’t been interested since then and was actually really against me going to Finland to watch GP Helsinki live. Because of this I didn’t tell her too much about the skating aspect of the trip at first, but today she suddenly asked me if I could show her some of the performances I had seen there. 

So I showed her some of the skates I liked, and when we came to Otoñal her first comment was “Well, there’s not many male genes in him”, which I just sort of rolled my eyes at (I was too tired to discuss gender stereotypes and/or how genetics actually works). 

But then she was quiet for the rest of the performance, and at the end she suddenly said: “You know, figure skating is more beautiful than dancing. It has a flow that dancing can never get. But only if it’s done well, and that’s the difference between him and the others. They were waving their arms around between jumps; he’s actually dancing.” 

While I really like some of “the others” as well, it felt as if watching this performance she finally saw something of what I see in Yuzu’s skating. It felt like she got me a little bit, and understood why this is important to me. 

(She also refused to believe that Yuzu’s Salchow was a quad and not a double until I went back and showed her frame by frame, which says a lot about the extraordinary quality of that jump.)

18 hours ago, yuzuonice said:

clear your phone spaces! :xD:

Oh these photos...all killer no filler...:10742290:

18 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Dr_LtVaVYAEUKUF.jpg

source: twitter.com/kira

Dear God! :201111231756430f6:

Sweet bby smile just melted my heart...:13877886:

When did he make time to do all these commercial shoots. He is so dedicated for whatever he does.

Call me shallow or whatever you like but I admit I love seeing Yuzu doing non-skating stuff in non-skating costumes/clothes. Yes he is an athlete (and super elite one too) but he looks so natural in front of cameras and the cameras love Yuzu. Him wearing knitted jumper and scarf gives old fashioned "good boy" feel. You know? One of those boys that mothers love to have as a son-in-law. I guess Lotte knows its target consumers very well:68468287: 

I have no sweet tooth so won't be tempted to try Yuzu's concoction but if he's going to hand out a cup of hot chocolate with that smile, I'd make an exception anytime:10636614: 

55 minutes ago, caterpillar said:

This is really off topic and I didn’t know where to post it, but it made me really happy so I wanted to share it. (If this is the wrong thread I’m really sorry!)

Anyway, my mum used to watch figure skating back when Katarina Witt was competing, but hasn’t been interested since then and was actually really against me going to Finland to watch GP Helsinki live. Because of this I didn’t tell her too much about the skating aspect of the trip at first, but today she suddenly asked me if I could show her some of the performances I had seen there. 

So I showed her some of the skates I liked, and when we came to Otoñal her first comment was “Well, there’s not many male genes in him”, which I just sort of rolled my eyes at (I was too tired to discuss gender stereotypes and/or how genetics actually works). 

But then she was quiet for the rest of the performance, and at the end she suddenly said: “You know, figure skating is more beautiful than dancing. It has a flow that dancing can never get. But only if it’s done well, and that’s the difference between him and the others. They were waving their arms around between jumps; he’s actually dancing.” 

While I really like some of “the others” as well, it felt as if watching this performance she finally saw something of what I see in Yuzu’s skating. It felt like she got me a little bit, and understood why this is important to me. 

(She also refused to believe that Yuzu’s Salchow was a quad and not a double until I went back and showed her frame by frame, which says a lot about the extraordinary quality of that jump.)

High five for introducing your mom to Yuzu! And I think she hit the nail on the head about him dancing vs just doing moves to get from jump to jump

9 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Oh these photos...all killer no filler...:10742290:

Sweet bby smile just melted my heart...:13877886:

When did he make time to do all these commercial shoots. He is so dedicated for whatever he does.

Call me shallow or whatever you like but I admit I love seeing Yuzu doing non-skating stuff in non-skating costumes/clothes. Yes he is an athlete (and super elite one too) but he looks so natural in front of cameras and the cameras love Yuzu. Him wearing knitted jumper and scarf gives old fashioned "good boy" feel. You know? One of those boys that mothers love to have as a son-in-law. I guess Lotte knows its target consumers very well:68468287: 

I have no sweet tooth so won't be tempted to try Yuzu's concoction but if he's going to hand out a cup of hot chocolate with that smile, I'd make an exception anytime:10636614: 

My favorite thing about the Ghana commercials is that they usually have him make something...which means we get close-ups of his hands in action...:tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw: