General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, tafattsbarn said:

It's so sad, can anyone explain why this is happening now all of a sudden? I know some channels have been under pressure for a while, but why these sudden strikes?

People truly don't want figure skating to be accessible, huh?

Not quite sure how copyright works but FujiTV is notorious for blocking vids. Asahi uses to be more lenient but it seems to be cracking down as much as FujiTV now. I heard some videos with Match commentaries are blocked in Russia. It may come down to which country has bought the rights to show FS. I wish ISU would do something about it. Technically, the only competition they truly have rights to is the Junior Grand Prix and that's why they have they're own YT channel and are able to show the videos / competitions in full.

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

Guys, I suggest to start saving / downloading your favourite FS videos from youtube as several channels have been terminated including Lorando Muffin (:13877886:), MM Desu, jewelskatersent, and se decca.

Nooooo that is devastating news QAQ

Lorando Muffin’s channel was such a gift to the world...

2 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Guys, I suggest to start saving / downloading your favourite FS videos from youtube as several channels have been terminated including Lorando Muffin (:13877886:), MM Desu, jewelskatersent, and se decca.

Thank you - and Ohno! - Vanishing treasures!  :tumblr_inline_ngf9riTBOR1qid2nw:

I've been putting together a playlist ~  'YuzuZuzuru'  ~  and those deleted vids have nibbled away at it.  

~ 42 vids remain there to enjoy - for now... :tumblr_m3j73lVQHJ1qid2nw: 

2 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

This version was recorded & released back in 2016. I believe Shinya's releasing a new album in Dec that will include Haru Yo Koi as a bonus track. So hopefully he has re-recorded the ice show version...?

The full version is on spotify, you need to create an account to listen to it. This is just a sample. 

sad for the YT channel disappearing one by one...

rant under spoiler

Spoiler

really, how are people supposed to get into FS and follow it if they remove the free sources? It's already hard enough to catch it live on tv, the rare time they show it, figure skating is a niche sport and you can't expect people who are  casual fans to buy subscriptions for NBCgold or Eurosport and hunt down broadcasting schedules, not to talk about the obvious issue with time zones... YT is were most fans start their journey, what keeps the spark of interest alive and make it grow. And YT is were you can find younger generations and in general a broader public too (maybe aside Olympics, that make people sit and watch stuff they usually wouldn't care about). They won't stumble into FS zapping on their TV because 1) chances of stumbling into FS are really low unless oyu're in Japan and maybe Russia and 2) now on demand content is the trend and I don't believe it will change, because in a world were you can have so much content, of course you're gonna pick only the content you're already interested in... while YT still allows some 'stumbling in'

I'm now a hardcore fs fan and I'd be more than willing to pay an annual subscription to an ISU channel(*) but I don't know if I would have come this far without the sources I could find for free on YT before...I would have probably forgotten about those I had liked when I caught them on TV, but instead I found YT and then video after video I got hooked.

ISU should really start thinking about this issue...as Yuzuru's fans we're still lucky and we still have hope to find other sources, but many video of other skaters are even harder to find...so skaters who are not so famous, whose performances are uploaded on the channel they take down, are even harder to follow...

*if they could grant me a channel with reliable livestreaming and that keeps HD videos of all comps...better if with download option...

they don't even need to have a Ted Barton commentating, no commentary is absolutely fine! tbh, it's even better!

of course at a reasonable fee, not like asking me 7 euros to stream one day of a senior B...I mean, c'mon, that would be much more than what people are asked to pay for a football subscription, and they get much more content...

Well, I hope they won't start chasing down tumblr and private GD and Mega accounts...it looks like we're gonna revert to private sharing and it's gonna hurt the sport so much...

Now I'm worried about all the video with on screen subtitles, I usually download anything Yuzu whenever I have connection but those were the ones I've left bookmarked waiting for when I've got time to screencapture the video with the subs, but I believe some were on channels like lorandomuffin and now I won't get to see subbed videos anymore:13877886: like the one about Seimei making of:sad-smiley-046:

14 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

sad for the YT channel disappearing one by one...

Now I'm worried about all the video with on screen subtitles, I usually download anything Yuzu whenever I have connection but those were the ones I've left bookmarked waiting for when I've got time to screencapture the video with the subs, but I believe some were on channels like lorandomuffin and now I won't get to see subbed videos anymore:13877886: like the one about Seimei making of:sad-smiley-046:

I loved that vid too. I just found a Spanish subtitles version + added to playlist. I don't understand either language, but having seen the English subs one previously, I can understand some - also, it's just such a good vid. 

There's a x2 set too - I've just 'liked' those rather than saved to playlist - I wonder if saving to playlists is adding to alerts being set off in the deletion-detective-office... possible...

41 minutes ago, Salior said:

The full version is on spotify, you need to create an account to listen to it. This is just a sample. 

Oh sorry I didn't actually check the one in your post so didn't realise that was a sample.

Yes if you have an account, you can listen to the full version though that is not long either (1:16). The ice show version is longer than that so hopefully the bonus track on Shinya's new album is the one that Yuzu uses for his ex...:img_21: