General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Drawing/painting Yuzu for your own enjoyment or training won't violate his rights I think, but using the artwork to make money in any way without his permission would violate his right of publicity.

Yes the problem here is right of publicity. I'm not well versed on this topic, but exploiting a person's likeliness and name for commercial gain without their consent is very likely illegal where TSL is based in, and where they are selling these merchandises to.

The skaters depicted on their merchandises are unlikely to take any legal action, so TSL is really taking advantage of knowing this as well. Their previous attitudes only add to how ironic and dispicable this entire situation is.

16 minutes ago, Riceball said:

Yes the problem here is right of publicity. I'm not well versed on this topic, but exploiting a person's likeliness and name for commercial gain without their consent is very likely illegal where TSL is based in, and where they are selling these merchandises to.

The skaters depicted on their merchandises are unlikely to take any legal action, so TSL is really taking advantage of knowing this as well. Their previous attitudes only add to how ironic and dispicable this entire situation is.

It certainly is a no-no but the sad reality is that even if it's technically illegal or in bad faith re: business, nothing will happen if no one brings an action against them and they're simply not going to. By virtue of #hanyuconomy, it's probably going to sell anyway but that's why I'm extremely side-eye-y about how exploitative this all feels on TSL's side, given how they've disparaged him in the past. It's unfortunate the collaboration is with someone like Aljona's husband - friends of mine have bought his limited edition yuzu prints and they're beautiful pieces but I'd much rather buy from him directly =______= 

9 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

As @ralucutzagy says, there is a possibility that the artist asked the skaters for permissions since the skaters painted on the items are the ones who took part in a show with Aljona this summer. But TSL's involvement would not help to sell the Yuzu phone cover to his fans.

Yeah it's possible permission has been asked but I wonder if he knows that sales may not be good not because of his works but because of TSL's reputation T___T well, they may very well sell out anyway.

4 hours ago, shanshani said:

Not sure if this has been posted since I don't follow this thread that closely. Ghislain using a video of Yuzu's H&L to teach Rika Kihara and Shu Nakamura 4S:

It's an excerpt from Figure Skate TV aired last night. There was a segment about Koshiro training in Switzerland, and when they were there to film him, Ghislain and Team Hamada were also there. There was also footage of Satton practicing 3A with a harness, and Stephane talking about Koshiro. (sorry for being OT)
I'm curious about how Ghislain put Yuzu's jumps into words.