General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

Hehe, we've been through all that right after the Olympics and Worlds, with all the "Nathan would have won if he had skated clean" - literally every point you made was raised. But logic doesn't fit the NBC narrative so whatever.

To be fair (well no, to be evilly gloating) it must be tough on NBC when their loudly proclaimed "greatest athlete the sport has ever seen" and lock for the gold was well and truly thrashed by a guy on a dodgy ankle, painkillers and ten days jumping practice... :rofl3: Plus, they have to stand by and salivate at the sort of viewing figures Japanese TV gets pretty much every time Yuzuru blinks, let alone when he steps on the ice.  Even the viewing for Shoma, Mao, Takahashi etc are more than their wildest dreams.

The Olympic channel, on the other hand, have no problem choosing a favourite out of all the champions at PC.  Wonder why? :10814716:  and we all heard the CBC's latest commentary when watching Origin... "greatest the world will ever see..."

15 minutes ago, TallyT said:

To be fair (well no, to be evilly gloating) it must be tough on NBC when their loudly proclaimed "greatest athlete the sport has ever seen" and lock for the gold was well and truly thrashed by a guy on a dodgy ankle, painkillers and ten days jumping practice... 

:xD: You've just made my day!

Oh, US media, I like how you are trying so hard to make my life less boring. :rofl3:Please, come up with even more excuses for your skaters. They are hilarious!

2 hours ago, TallyT said:

The Olympic channel, on the other hand, have no problem choosing a favourite out of all the champions at PC.  Wonder why? :10814716:  and we all heard the CBC's latest commentary when watching Origin... "greatest the world will ever see..."

I don't need to wonder. The number of likes and retweet in Olympics Channel have answered it. LOL.

12 minutes ago, yoloaxel said:

I love this picture so much! *Pretty in Pink*

I really love the changes on the costume. Compared with FaoI version, the frill on his arms are looser and more flowy and I think the wrist part also flare a bit(?).

17 hours ago, lajoitko said:

I want to share very personal story. It is kind of sad and if you have lost someone very recently, you probably don´t want to read further. This is also very long, so feel free to skip this.

Reveal hidden contents

I have watched figure skating pretty much all of my life, but when I first saw Yuzu on tv, I became his fan. It was Cup of China 2011. I lived with my mother because her health wasn´t the best and she needed my help. My mother couldn´t understand at all what had happened. I think she thought that I had become crazy. When it was competition weekend she just rolled her eyes because I spent so much time watching "some Japanese boy".

When I bought the tickets for the WC 2017 she began to take things more seriously. We had to plan her care for the time that I was in Helsinki, and I know that she watched the competition on tv. After that her attitude changed. She no longer rolled her eyes when I said it was "a Yuzu-weekend". We started to plan our schedule together so that I could watch the competition. She bagan to ask how was the competition and I started to tell her more about Yuzu and show her some pictures and videos.

In January 2018 my mother got sick very seriously and before I could even understand the situation, she passed away. One of the last things she said to me was: "You will be fine. Think about positive things. Think about Yuzu." Her funeral was the day before Yuzu arrived in Korea. The Olympics and the events after that helped me so much. Smiling and happy Yuzu has the best healing power.

When ISU announced about Helsinki GP, I knew right away that I was going there. The only bad thing was that it was held in the same weekend when we have a tradition to go to church to remember our loved ones and light a candle for those who have passed away during the year. I was very sad that I couldn´t attend this but my aunt promised to go there so I traveled to Helsinki.

I have a bad habbit of second guessing myself, and in Helsinki I was asking myself if I was doing the right thing. I was little bit sad and thinking about my mother a lot. I was sitting in the area where Yuzu does the combination in SP and starts the step-sequence. I had priviledge to see that moment three times during the practices and competition, and every time that part of the program moved me to tears. After Yuzu´s perfect SP I found myself thinking that it was the right place for me to be, and that my mother would be so happy to see my happiness. Maybe I needed Yuzu in my life to be able to survive this period of my life. I am so happy that I did go to Helsinki. It was one of the best experiences in my life.

My friends and relatives know that I have intrest in figure skating but they don´t know how bad it is. I am a very private person and for me being a Yuzu-fan is a very private thing. Now I just had this feeling that I want to share my story with people who maybe understand what I am talking about.

Thank you so much for sharing your story! 

---------------

Since I live in South America, here it's pretty much uncommon to like figure skating.  All of my friends know that I like skating but they couldn't care less. 

However, I've shown videos to both my parents and they seem to like it a lot. 

Out of the videos I've shown my father he prefers Pairs, but I sent him Notte Stelatta, Seimei etc. Every time I send him a video he always says that if he could we would go see some skating competition in another country, since I've never seen it live. Unfortunately we don't have money at the moment and he also is under hemodialysis for more than 10 years so he could only travel maybe for 2 days at maximum (it could work if it was only an event and to a close country maybe but it would be very exhausting for him) and return to do it, since it takes 3 days of the week. I don't know if it's possible to do it in another country and if it's for free like it is here. He also said it before Pyeonchang but his condition aggravated in 2017 and I'm still studying so it was impossible to go; now he is much better.

But some years after I graduate this will change hopefully. That's why I hope that Yuzuru can continue skating for a few more seasons, so I can resolve my financial situation by myself and even though it's very unlikely, if my father is fine by then we can go see him for the first time. It's a very far and improbable dream so I try to not hold onto it to not be dissappointed.

I've shown videos of other skaters to my mother too, but once I showed Haru Yo Koi she thought it was gorgeous and said that "People that can create something like that are very special". Although she also likes ladies,  she prefers Ice Dance though...

They are covering all my deficiencies in skating since I'm mostly a fan of singles although I watch some of the other disciplines Lol

Just saw this (Google translated), thoughts?

I know how much Yuzu respects him, that's why I find it really unfair that he wants him to insert choreo from Nijinsky (aka his posing), I don't think it's his place to put these expectations on Yuzu, since Yuzu will eventually read that article probably, I don't want him to panick or something, the choreography was lacking at Helsinki, but we saw great moments at ACI and in practice, I'd much rather have those back please. 😓

20 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

I know how much Yuzu respects him, that's why I find it really unfair that he wants him to insert choreo from Nijinsky (aka his posing), I don't think it's his place to put these expectations on Yuzu, since Yuzu will eventually read that article probably, I don't want him to panick or something, the choreography was lacking at Helsinki, but we saw great moments at ACI and in practice, I'd much rather have those back please. 😓

(I haven't opened the link yet)

I think Yuzu is fully capable to give clarification to Plushy that Origin is not about Nijinsky and share some insights on his idea about the program. No need to worry. :dancingpooh:

I agree. While Yuzu might be disappointed that Plushy didn't get it that Origin is not about Nijinsky, it won't change his vision. He's not the type to bend to the opinion of others, not even his idols. I hope when he next sees Plushy he can explain it to him, simply because it sucks to be misunderstood by someone you admire, but beyond that, I don't worry about Yuzu being affected by this.

@lajoitko Big hug from me:grouphug: I am so sorry for your loss.

______

By this point, I just ignore US media.. Even Weir and Lipinski's praises for Zu's in GP Helsinki failed to impress me because I doubt their sincerity (Lipinski's more than Weir's).

As for Plushenko's failure to understand what Origin is about.. *sigh what can I say. He might be Zu's idol, but he most definitely doesn't impress me much (and it's not the only time I question Zu's taste)

ˆThere's been lots of nice comments about Yuzu in Finnish newspapers :tumblr_inline_n0o1ffHUs91qid2nw: I guess because he was the only Finnish singles skater in the competition, a lot of newspaper articles seemed to use comments from Valtter Virtanen. He praised Yuzu saying stuff like "(already in warm-up I could see that) he is in a completely different class from everyone else. An unbounded talent".

However, I also thought one of Valtter's comments about Yuzu was kind of salty/just factually wrong and I haven't had the chance to complain to anyone else so I'm just going to use the opportunity :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: He said that Hanyu "has been able to just skate ever since his childhood. He hasn't had to go to school or study much alongside it". This quote was used in the main newspaper (Helsingin sanomat) and a few regional newspapers, and it really rubbed me the wrong way :tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:It comes off as kind of condescending, like he thinks Hanyu is successful because he hasn't had to spend time on studying, but it's just not true.. Sure Hanyu isn't a medical doctor (lmao who else in FS is except for Valtter himself), but he's graduated high school, he's enrolled in a uni program that seems interesting and useful for his skating, he seems to take his studies seriously whenever he talks about them. I think maybe Valtter just honestly didn't know anything about Yuzu's educational background, or maybe he's kind of hurt after coming last and wants to find some solace in being more highly educated, but it's just a bit... I wish they hadn't used this quote without clarifying the facts! It's like they're portraying Hanyu as a child skating genius who never went to school and that somehow explains why he's at the top. Uhh....(The source of the comment is here https://www.hs.fi/urheilu/art-2000005888246.html but in Finnish) 

58 минут назад, yuzuonice сказал:

Plushenko says rather "I would add ... (Nijinsky style choreography)  or "I think he will add." He sounds quite respectful in general and he praises Yuzu among other things for using complex content. Although I still don’t I like it. It really gives a feeling that he doesn’t understand that Yuzu doesn’t want to repeat him. Plushenko seems to want to see an improved version of himself on the ice. I also hope that Yuzu will not be affected.