General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, 4Nessie said:

I love the new Yuzuru! Very much. He seems to be more relaxed - I don't know how to explain it, but even his kuyashii is not as tense as it was before

He seems to be able to blend kuyashii and YOLO enough this time — I guess Helsinki marks a new beginning indeed :smiley-cool14:

3 hours ago, Tee said:

I hope this doesn't continue at the next comp 

It will,  because fans are free people and can make their own decisions  :rolleyes:    But maybe this person wants that people stop cheering for him, well, these people spent a lot of money to get there, maybe they should just stay at home the next time :shrug:     

For a non-prime time in JPN and only a GP, this is really high. The overall average was 16.2% (included both Men's and Ladies'), which then it peaked at 20.7% when Yuzu finished his FS and broke WR.

Oh, by the way, SP's highest was 21.2%, which was also really high considering there was a JPN baseball competition around that time I think.

50 minutes ago, GoldMedalist said:

It will,  because fans are free people and can make their own decisions  :rolleyes:    But maybe this person wants that people stop cheering for him, well, these people spent a lot of money to get there, maybe they should just stay at home the next time :shrug:     

so do you think that if yuzuru antis want to boo him during his performances, they’re free to do so because they “spent a lot of money to get there”?

i’ve been lurking in the forum for some time and if you’re not just trolling with these kind of comments, i find your lack of concern for other human beings extremely worrisome, especially from someone who supposedly supports yuzuru, one of the most considerate and sensitive people on the fs field right now. people can’t do whatever they want just because they spent x amount of money to be there, what the hell? this isn’t an idol concert, it’s a sport competition. different places have different social codes that should be respected if you want to stay there. the people who “spent a lot of money to get there” did that because they want to watch a figure skating competition, so they should act with enough respect to let the athletes, who they “spent a lot of money” on to watch, do what they’re there to do without any undue distractions. and if the dude you’re supposedly supporting tells you to stop screaming when it’s another’s skater’s turn, maybe try to respect that, not even because you should care about that other skater, but because (the bare minimun!) you should care about the feelings of the dude you’re there to supposedly support? 

the fans should learn to act like respectful adults or stay home and let other people have their ticket. yuzuru’s fanbase is so huge, i’m sure filling a stadium with only respectful fans won’t be difficult, especially because most of the fandom IS very respectful, it’s just some bad apples that spoil it for everyone else.

32 minutes ago, yonkaitenaxel said:

so do you think that if yuzuru antis want to boo him during his performances, they’re free to do so because they “spent a lot of money to get there”?

i’ve been lurking in the forum for some time and if you’re not just trolling with these kind of comments, i find your lack of concern for other human beings extremely worrisome, especially from someone who supposedly supports yuzuru, one of the most considerate and sensitive people on the fs field right now. people can’t do whatever they want just because they spent x amount of money to be there, what the hell? this isn’t an idol concert, it’s a sport competition. different places have different social codes that should be respected if you want to stay there. the people who “spent a lot of money to get there” did that because they want to watch a figure skating competition, so they should act with enough respect to let the athletes, who they “spent a lot of money” on to watch, do what they’re there to do without any undue distractions. and if the dude you’re supposedly supporting tells you to stop screaming when it’s another’s skater’s turn, maybe try to respect that, not even because you should care about that other skater, but because (the bare minimun!) you should care about the feelings of the dude you’re there to supposedly support? 

the fans should learn to act like respectful adults or stay home and let other people have their ticket. yuzuru’s fanbase is so huge, i’m sure filling a stadium with only respectful fans won’t be difficult, especially because most of the fandom IS very respectful, it’s just some bad apples that spoil it for everyone else.

I seem to have missed a trick there with the spending money thing! How far does that go? I spent money to get flight ticket so I can scream my favourite pilot's name for three straight hours? I can go to a concert and scream rival band's name for the whole concert? Shame on me for not being a jerk because I spent money and bought tickets! Obviously it means I have a free pass to forget about consideration for others!

Honestly, I can see how it's difficult to calm down right after you hear his scores, I mean it's a super emotional moment and I scream at my screen. It's hard to focus on whoever skates next, too, it's just too many emotions to deal with so quickly. But when the dude you say you support clearly and repeatedly asks you many times not to do it because he obviously finds it really bad, I guess fans should try to respect that.