General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, daisyjune said:

You may be reading it right now :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

I ran to the book store nearby to buy it this morning.

I was so surprised (or even shocked) to know the whole training during the rehabilitation as well as the practice at PC

(the first 15 minute practice, etc )were planned by Yuzu himself without any involvement of Brian.

I had imagined Brian advised him, but no, it wasn't. It was planned cautiously by Yuzu's strategic mind.

Also, according to Brian, Yuzu had never skated perfect Ballade No.1 after starting again his training in January.

I still can't believe how come Yuzu could manage to skate clean short program at the most important moment of his life! 

That is just mind blowing. Yuzu is so smart he is almost prescient.

Yuzu and Brian are srrly coach-student relationship goals. I love their father-son relationship. Brian once said he has the best job in the world and Im sure he does. I mean every parent in Japan must want their child to grow up like Yuzuru Hanyu and tbh, there was a time I wish I could adopt a child and raise him or her like Yuzu...and then I know thats a wrong thought and lets not go there lol back to my point. Then there is Brian, who may not have a child but has coached many olympic champions in his life. And Yuzu, who is now only living with his mother, gets that indirect father figure from Brian. 

Btw, I just watched Johnny and Tara's video about Yuzu's comeback. Johnny was almost tearing up when he said he cant believe someone like Yuzu would think of little old him. awww

6 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

, I just watched Johnny and Tara's video about Yuzu's comeback. Johnny was almost tearing up when he said he cant believe someone like Yuzu would think of little old him. awww

I love how all these top skaters and former skaters are fans of, and/or starstruck by, each other. 

10 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

Btw, I just watched Johnny and Tara's video about Yuzu's comeback. Johnny was almost tearing up when he said he cant believe someone like Yuzu would think of little old him. awww

Link please

2 hours ago, daisyjune said:

You may be reading it right now :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

I ran to the book store nearby to buy it this morning.

I was so surprised (or even shocked) to know the whole training during the rehabilitation as well as the practice at PC

(the first 15 minute practice, etc )were planned by Yuzu himself without any involvement of Brian.

I had imagined Brian advised him, but no, it wasn't. It was planned cautiously by Yuzu's strategic mind.

Also, according to Brian, Yuzu had never skated perfect Ballade No.1 after starting again his training in January.

I still can't believe how come Yuzu could manage to skate clean short program at the most important moment of his life! 

Wow! If I remember correctly Brian did leave for South Korea before Yuzu did (maybe a week in advance). I think Yuzu has said his preparations really sort of came together right as he was leaving for the Olympics, so I wonder if within that 1 week that Brian wasn't there if he was able to skate it at least once perfectly.

15 hours ago, Sammie said:

My heart :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

The last part of the summary shared on twitter is a bit different from what Brian wrote.

Yuzu said to Brian like: "This performance was for your father. Please pull yourself together." Brian was very touched and felt strongly that Yuzu was accompanying with him in such hard time. Then they went through together that unexpectedly toughest period of OG season.

The part in boldface is not what Yuzu actually said but what Brian felt that it was Yuzu's message. And Brian decided to go through anything with Yuzu until Olympics not knowing how tough the actual Olympic season for them would be.

I bought a copy of this book several hours ago and can't wait to read it reading other fans' impressions. Not like Aoi Honoo, this book must have an English manuscript since Brian is the author. Hope Kodansha (publisher) considers publishing the English version too.

3 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

The last part of the summary shared on twitter is a bit different from what Brian wrote.

The part in boldface is not what Yuzu actually said but what Brian felt that it was Yuzu's message. And Brian decided to go through anything with Yuzu until Olympics not knowing how tough the actual Olympic season for them would be.

I bought a copy of this book several hours ago and can't wait to read it reading other fans' impressions. Not like Aoi Honoo, this book must have an English manuscript since Brian is the author. Hope Kodansha (publisher) considers publishing the English version too.

Yeah that doesnt sound like something Yuzu would know how to say. it sounds too native?

33 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

29 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

Yeah that doesnt sound like something Yuzu would know how to say. it sounds too native?

My Japanese is very (very very very) weak but I am wondering if the term was "shikkari shite", which can mean something like "keep going, keep it up," as well as "pull yourself together."  (Maybe I'm using the term wrong, but when my relatives are moping about I tell them "shikkari shite!")

3 hours ago, Sayu93 said:

I don't think they can really fathom that there is a market outside of japan. 

....rather typical of many Japanese corporations really, especially those with large enough production rate they can afford to sell their product abroad (trust me, I am a pentaxian :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:)

Also, I am really glad with all these new updates, really watering my crops as the fandom lingo says :68468287: