General Yuzuru Chat

26 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

They jump at the same time and land at the same time. How is it, that their rotations look so different? Yuzu looks like he managed to do at least one rotation more, how fast he was... :68468287:

I thought about this too! 

Maybe this was a retorical question, but I think the reason is that Yuzus first rotation is sort of delayed/slow compared to his other three. He looks like he jumps or steps up into the jump with one foot, while Javi sort of rotates into it with his feet parallell.  Since Javi’s feet are already almost in “jump position”, he has about the same speed throughout, while Yuzu needs the first rotation to get into the right position and when he gets there he rotates faster to compensate? I don’t know that much about the technical details of jumps, but that’s what it looks like to me. 

And anyway, Javi’s jump looks a little bit underrotated to me, while Yuzu’s definitely isn’t. 

9 minutes ago, Xen said:

Yuzu has a bigger swing up into the jump- he does this for his axel and sal: 

http://the-real-xmonster.tumblr.com/post/179396404209/goat-3a-details#tumblr_notes

But he does have one of the biggest quad sals in the men's. 

Thank you, that was a really interesting read! That high swinging free leg was what I was noticing, but I didn’t know how to describe it properly. 

And yes, Yuzu’s quad Salchow really is extraordinary. 

Now I’m going to go track down this rant about Yuzu the GOAT/skating robot...

8 minutes ago, caterpillar said:

Thank you, that was a really interesting read! That high swinging free leg was what I was noticing, but I didn’t know how to describe it properly. 

And yes, Yuzu’s quad Salchow really is extraordinary. 

Now I’m going to go track down this rant about Yuzu the GOAT/skating robot...

That blog has a lot of technical posts about jump mechanisms too. It's actually fair assessment of many skaters, so I'd read up that blog if you want to know FS more and understand why some skaters get critiqued. 

1小时前, jinxxoo说:

Almost Helsinki!

I hope to see a glorious otonal and origin performance :dancingpooh:

Let us guess will our boy did any changes on the costume?

i like Origin, pls dont change it

But Otonal can do little revise or change(maybe on the cloth length), i love the back design