General Yuzuru Chat

Someone asked Conrad Orzel during his latest instalive if he is Yuzuru's friend. Poor guy, he didn't know what to say :rofl2:He said hesitantly 'yes' at first, and then that he doesn't want to say that they're friends unless Yuzuru says so himself so he changed answer to 'no'. And in the end he decided that they're training mates.  

A few moments earlier, someone asked who is his inspiration and he mentioned Yuzuru :)

45 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Considering that I was crying b/c of his injury and recovery,  you'll understand when I say that I don't want to cry over a Yuzu performance ever again...:sadPooh:

Unless they are gloriously happy tears, of course, I'm sure there were plenty of those among the satellites after both skates at PD. Like you, I first watched after the fact and knowing he'd won, but found myself in tears along with Yuzuru at the end...  :cri: In fact seeing him cry set me off again.

29 minutes ago, Yoa said:

Someone asked Conrad Orzel during his latest instalive if he is Yuzuru's friend. Poor guy, he didn't know what to say :rofl2:He said hesitantly 'yes' at first, and then that he doesn't want to say that they're friends unless Yuzuru says so himself so he changed answer to 'no'. And in the end he decided that they're training mates.  

A few moments earlier, someone asked who is his inspiration and he mentioned Yuzuru :)

Poor kid :68468287: he doesn’t want to say yes and then have Yuzuru say no when someone ask him. 

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

Unless they are gloriously happy tears, of course, I'm sure there were plenty of those among the satellites after both skates at PD. Like you, I first watched after the fact and knowing he'd won, but found myself in tears along with Yuzuru at the end...  :cri: In fact seeing him cry set me off again.

No, I wasn't a satellite yet, but I  watched it live on CBC and the tears sprang to my eyes as Yuzu left the ice after Ballade and gasped to Brian "I'm back! I'm back!"  because that was the moment when you could see just how much stress he'd been feeling over being injured.

I'm just sure that if I go back and read what the satellites were experiencing at that time, I'll blubber giant tears all over again.

This Washington Post article (about Adam Rippon) calls Nathan Chen "the quadruple Axel King." They should know better. I don't intend to send traffic to the article. If you don't have any interest in posting a comment following the article, don't bother to read it. Be warned, it's very long.

1 hour ago, Maya said:

This Washington Post article (about Adam Rippon) calls Nathan Chen "the quadruple Axel King." They should know better. I don't intend to send traffic to the article. If you don't have any interest in posting a comment following the article, don't bother to read it. Be warned, it's very long.

Spoiler

Well... axel is the only jump that non-FS fans know about... Anyway I wrote an email to the writer and explained the mistake to her. 

9 hours ago, Victoria said:

And is Yuko Kavaguti insinuating she wants yuzu to get a partner and join quad-throw battles with her???

There are a lot of guys to chose from. Eric Radford can lift Javi, and Andrej Hotarek has already lifted Swanyu at least twice. Would Aljona pressure Bruno to join the battle though? Zhang Hao could probably lift him too, and for Cong-I'd rather see Yuzu and Cong do ice dance and demonstrate those lovely side by side skating skills. 

8 hours ago, Xen said:

There are a lot of guys to chose from. Eric Radford can lift Javi, and Andrej Hotarek has already lifted Swanyu at least twice. Would Aljona pressure Bruno to join the battle though? Zhang Hao could probably lift him too, and for Cong-I'd rather see Yuzu and Cong do ice dance and demonstrate those lovely side by side skating skills. 

Doing a pair skating is one thing but I also want to see Yuzu and another male skater do side by side skating like Lambiel and Deniss did at FaOI. It would be beautiful...:img_20:

Just watched Nathan Chen's SP in Skate American 2018. I see a lot improvement and I am glad he makes the program more vivid by adding more body movement. But they still look a lit bit stiff...

I know it not fair to compare him with Yuzu. But as long as you watched Yuzu's performance it is hard to not compare others with him. Yuzu is THE standard.