General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, Katt said:

I actually think there's high chance Yuzuru will go. He said he want to compete as many comp as possible this season.

I do too. Even before this season there was the talk he needed more comps, hence the 4CC with his second silver, not just that it was at PC so knock on wood, if he's fit, I think there's a high chance he'll go. 

Just now, sallycinnamon said:

Interview from Figure Skating Life magazine

Thank you for the translation @gladi!:thanks:

https://wherespacepooh.tumblr.com/post/178990002364/yuzuru-hanyu-interview-figure-skating-life

Haha you beat me to it!

I am happy to see how passionate Yuzu is of his two programs this season. There are nothing better than to see a skater skates to the music s/he enjoy and be an integral part of the creative process as well. It really adds to the performing and intepreting aspect of the skate. I think these two programs have a lot of potential. I have no doubt when they are performed as they are envisioned, they will become masterpieces. 

51 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

Yuzu in California for 4cc!! In my very same state??? Plus the ticket price is ridiculously expensive!!! :dpooh:

You could wait and see if someone who can't go will want to sell their tickets cheaper. Right now there's lots of tickets available so waiting is safe, but I imagine that if Yuzu announces his participation, they'll sell quickly.

3 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

I do too. Even before this season there was the talk he needed more comps, hence the 4CC with his second silver, not just that it was at PC so knock on wood, if he's fit, I think there's a high chance he'll go. 

Given the price of the tickets, if he does decide to we will hear the shrieks of joy from their accountant  right round the world....

I certainly want him to go, if all is well. Every opportunity to see him compete, no matter the state of the pancake batter or how it is fresh off the pan, is worth it and is to be cherished ( esp since these new programs need mileage and Nessie needs to have her debut). And it would certainly help get me through the long winter months between J Nats and World's....im not selfish...at all.....

41 minutes ago, TallyT said:

Given the price of the tickets, if he does decide to we will hear the shrieks of joy from their accountant  right round the world....

How much are tickets normally?? As an passport-less arizonan i never dreamed of getting to go to a FS event and i forgot that 4CC is in Cali!!!! Its destiny

edit: 400 dollars???!!???! Well university’s not THAT important right?

10 hours ago, Xen said:

Ah yes, character development. From Shogi team captain to honor roll student to University Teaching Assistant Zu. 

I see how this goes. The last one does look extremely smug....he knows the answer and how to solve this complex question while half asleep, and he isn't telling you, you as the student must be hard working and diligent in your efforts. 

(Speaking of which, wonder what the waiting line would look like if he did work as a teaching assistant? :13877886:)

You mean if he was still 2x OGM and a Teaching Assistant,  or if he were just an ordinary guy teaching assistant? I think he'd be popular either way, but one line would definitely be bigger than the other.

6 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Interview from Figure Skating Life magazine

Thank you for the translation @gladi!:thanks:

https://wherespacepooh.tumblr.com/post/178990002364/yuzuru-hanyu-interview-figure-skating-life

I love how he says that he 'also' listens to Brian's opinions about 4A. Like, he's just your coach, Yuzu, not like you're supposed to listen to him or anything...:headdesk:

It's a miracle any of the TCC coaches have hair left with this guy around ...

29 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I love how he says that he 'also' listens to Brian's opinions about 4A. Like, he's just your coach, Yuzu, not like you're supposed to listen to him or anything...:headdesk:

It's a miracle any of the TCC coaches have hair left with this guy around ...

So the situation is more like this, you mean:

Yuzu : (listening to Brian's opinion)

Brian: "...you should feel that when you make the second rotation."

Yuzu: (nodding eagerly)

Brian: "And regarding your SPINS..."

Yuzu: "Thank you Brian!" (leaving to practice the axel)