General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, Xen said:

...For some reason I imagine Yuzu might still film P&G commercials ever after. Can you imagine years later, opening twitter and watching Yuzu trying to sell baby shampoos and diapers to the masses? All the while holding the baby incorrectly?  But nonetheless,  the products still sell-out like crazy.

As for TV shows in JP, I kinda want him to be a TV commentator for skating. As fun as the game shows are, his competitve instincts might take over and the poor hosts will have no idea what happened.

I want him to keep doing the Lotte chocolate commercials...he takes them so seriously it's fun to watch. I could definitely watch a show where Yuzu makes pastries and sweets. ☺️

As for game shows, he'd be very entertaining on one of those obstacle course ones, but somehow I can't imagine him doing it.

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I want him to keep doing the Lotte chocolate commercials...he takes them so seriously it's fun to watch. I could definitely watch a show where Yuzu makes pastries and sweets. ☺️

As for game shows, he'd be very entertaining on one of those obstacle course ones, but somehow I can't imagine him doing it.

To be fair to Yuzu (after all the stabs I've made about his cooking skills), he'd probably excel at detailed, high level, extremely complex stuff. But the simple, mundane stuff-no way. He could probably make macaroons perfectly and super complex puff pastry. But ask him to make normal scrambled eggs? Oh boy, no. Which is kind of adorable in it's on weird way. XD

3 hours ago, vanadiezz said:

Seeing the ads makes me want to order the photo book immediately but I have just splurged on an IEM. :13877886:

Anyway, to continue discussion about his net-worth, I'd like to think it is more than enough. His contract with ANA and P&G alone should assure that even though he keeps donating his winning prize (some cynic might have claimed that it is a calculated move to boost his public image, but  honestly I don't give a damn. The world could be a much better place if more people can be like Yuzu and care more about their public image).

I've heard that one before, and I don't know how people come up with it. He's so clearly being sincere when he talks about he desire to help Sendai. 

I'm also in the camp that doesn't think his money is our business, but I'd like to point out two things:

1. Figure skating is a very expensive sport, and not only is Yuzu the best, but he also works with the best all the time. His family has to maintain two residences and he has to fly to competitions and so on. None of that is cheap. His ANA sponsorship, for example, clearly serves a very practical purpose. I don't know how much funding the JSF gives their skaters, but I know the average Canadian skater cannot afford a lot of the things Yuzu is able to do ( Nam Nguyen, for example, just took a part-time job selling skating equipment because his parents said they wouldn't pay for him any more). So I suspect a hefty chunk of his earnings simply gets ploughed back into his skating.

2. It's possible that his prize winnings might be the only part of his earnings Yuzu has full control over, hence why he's free to donate them. I don't know how it works in Japan, but over here, performers who are minors earning lots of money usually have their money managed by other people. Depending on when he signed his endorsements, that may also be the case for Yuzu.

In any case, watching him, it's clear that Yuzu's one of those people who see money as a tool to do good things with, rather than something to collect large amounts of.

2 hours ago, vanadiezz said:

Or the fathers/grandfathers bought his calendar to send those to their sons/grandsons as an indirect message to tell them they should emulate Yuzu.

What a depressing concept (due to the high level of difficulty). :59227c768286a__s:

Or a bunch of doting grandads bought them as gifts for their fanyu granddaughters...

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Or a bunch of doting grandads bought them as gifts for their fanyu granddaughters...

He actually has a large contingent of Japanese grandpa/uncle fans (which I find really quite endearing). :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

There were some cute accounts like this one older lady fanyu who always gushes about Yuzu to her stoic husband and one time he burst out that he was a fan way before she was. Another account was in the Asaichi program where a grandpa said he wanted Yuzu to be his grandson :68468287:

5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I've heard that one before, and I don't know how people come up with it. He's so clearly being sincere when he talks about he desire to help Sendai. 

I'm also in the camp that doesn't think his money is our business, but I'd like to point out two things:

1. Figure skating is a very expensive sport, and not only is Yuzu the best, but he also works with the best all the time. His family has to maintain two residences and he has to fly to competitions and so on. None of that is cheap. His ANA sponsorship, for example, clearly serves a very practical purpose. I don't know how much funding the JSF gives their skaters, but I know the average Canadian skater cannot afford a lot of the things Yuzu is able to do ( Nam Nguyen, for example, just took a part-time job selling skating equipment because his parents said they wouldn't pay for him any more). So I suspect a hefty chunk of his earnings simply gets ploughed back into his skating.

2. It's possible that his prize winnings might be the only part of his earnings Yuzu has full control over, hence why he's free to donate them. I don't know how it works in Japan, but over here, performers who are minors earning lots of money usually have their money managed by other people. Depending on when he signed his endorsements, that may also be the case for Yuzu.

In any case, watching him, it's clear that Yuzu's one of those people who see money as a tool to do good things with, rather than something to collect large amounts of.

AFAIK, his training and competition-related travelling expenses are covered by ANA. What's the purpose of being sponsored by an airline if you cannot fly free, right? :10814716: Those two are the most expensive aspects of the sport. His funding from JSF too is also a top notch one (him being the best JPN male skater) although I do not know how much he got (Being Yuzu, it is also possible for him not to take JSF funding and ask them to share it to other skaters. He is that considerate). 

Since Yuzu is not managed by an agency, all of his earnings are his alone (CMIIW, is he required to give a cut of non-skating earnings to JSF?)

That is why I said that his ANA sponsorship and P&G ads alone should be enough to cover his skating expenses (and more, such as his earphone-collecting hobby) since he did ads for multiple P&G products. And then there's still ads for multiple Lotte products. And so on. 

With those sources if income listed, it can be seen that  although figure skating is an obviously expensive sport, Yuzu is simply not in the same situation as Nam. He might be, once, but those days are over. 

3 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

He actually has a large contingent of Japanese grandpa/uncle fans (which I find really quite endearing). :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

There were some cute accounts like this one older lady fanyu who always gushes about Yuzu to her stoic husband and one time he burst out that he was a fan way before she was. Another account was in the Asaichi program where a grandpa said he wanted Yuzu to be his grandson :68468287:

That's adorable. I love it!

1 minute ago, vanadiezz said:

AFAIK, his training and competition-related travelling expenses are covered by ANA. What's the purpose of being sponsored by an airline if you cannot fly free, right? :10814716: Those two are the most expensive aspects of the sport. His funding from JSF too is also a top notch one (him being the best JPN male skater) although I do not know how much he got (Being Yuzu, it is also possible for him not to take JSF funding and ask them to share it to other skaters. He is that considerate). 

Since Yuzu is not managed by an agency, all of his earnings are his alone (CMIIW, is he required to give a cut of non-skating earnings to JSF?)

That is why I said that his ANA sponsorship and P&G ads alone should be enough to cover his skating expenses (and more, such as his earphone-collecting hobby) since he did ads for multiple P&G products. And then there's still ads for multiple Lotte products. And so on. 

With those sources if income listed, it can be seen that  although figure skating is an obviously expensive sport, Yuzu is simply not in the same situation as Nam. He might be, once, but those days are over. 

Yes. My point was that whatever Yuzu is earning, he's not doing it from a desire to be rich but rather because money enables him to accomplish his other goals in life.

在2018/9/29 at PM2点34分, rockstaryuzu说:

First impressions were:

1. There he is! He's real! 

2. He's smaller and more ordinary than I thought.

3. No wait, look at him move. He's not one bit ordinary.

4. This guy doesn't just love skating, he lives to skate.

5. The habits of a champion are really different from the habits of everyone else. This was really obvious in the practices. 

6. He moves SO FAST!!!

7. He's gracious to a fault. 

The habits of a champion are really different from the habits of everyone else. This was really obvious in the practices. 

can you share more about this?