General Yuzuru Chat

30 minutes ago, Bilge said:

So they didn't allow some people with tickets in? and also what happened last year?

I can't speak about last year, but this year I don't think that was the case. They had a large section of seats reserved behind the judges that were meant for skaters and coaches to use...but based on a tweet I saw, apparently a lot of the skaters didn't realize this so the seats  stayed empty the whole time. But I didn't hear anything about legitimate ticket holders being turned away.

To clarify, last year at ACI there was also a giant section reserved for VIPs-not sure if for school children, local clubs or skaters and families themselves. But it also remained very very empty for majority of the time. It was also judges side.

23 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Omg he looks positively manic!! No wonder other skaters can't bear to meet his eyes :rofl2:

Yuzu: :rock:

Other skaters: :slinkaway:

I really am not sure if I should be proud of this, but I am the same as him when I listen to music with earphones on the street, and people look at me like 'wtf's your problem' LOL 

But it's really just an improvement from when I was 13-14 and I actually sang everything out loud. On the streets, or busses. That was. Well. Uh. My life. 

2 hours ago, monchan said:

LMAO he's sooo high

Please never change!! A kaleidoscope of moods...

My concern about the tweets was just that Ghislain might get in trouble, and we'll never hear from him again. But it was a real treat.

Thinking about the crazy idolizing fans makes me feel so frustrated, sad and angry. It's like they feel entitled to this awful behavior, WHY... But I'm grateful that Yuzuru has protection and support, and I'm extremely glad for moments like the shush! I'd be so ashamed if a person I admired did that to me (or someone like me), hope many more fans learn from it.

WOW!

All those discussions about crazy fans...

I have to say it changed me from first-year naive fanyu to a very worried person. I always saw only funny Yuzu or sweet Yuzu or warrior Yuzu or charity Yuzu, always thought how he looks composed and how he stands strong when all cameras are pointing at him... never imagined how bad the situation actually is.

Now I understand his facial expression when Plushenko told him at CiONTU that being number one is hard... It must've been really awful for him and he doesn't have many people to open up to and tell them all his worries. 

:sadPooh:

I am fanyu, yes, I would love to see him and talk to him. I bet everyone would. But is it ok to stalk him and mob him and not respect other skaters because of him? He is a person and he wants his personal life. He basically had to sacrifice his "normal teenage boy" activities for skating and such crazy behaviour from fans that are supposed to encourage him and reassure him it was a good choice... it's just sad. We are supposed to show him that all his hard work and sacrifices were not pointless and that he can make people happy, not to pester him into thinking that he would rather not skate just to avoid such situations...

It's not my place to lecture or pity or hate someone. Let's just say it's a little confession about a change in a single fanyu's perspective. 

I think having crazy fans is really inevitable, it depends on the size of the fandom more than anything.  And it's not only with people that are exclusively Yuzuru fans, there's general skating fans out there that can have their crazy on par with them. Maybe after Yuzuru retires ISU will have a bit of crisis when it comes to sponsors. I remember watching some Worlds press conference and how at the board on the background there were almost only japanese sponsors.  The importance of japanese fans for the sport is tremendous.  But Japan has a long history of great skaters, maybe it will less a bit the impact if new great talents come. 

Also, not only financially, but when a star at the level of Yuzuru retires they leave kind of a void since they are the one propelling the sport in all levels. Yuzuru is one the athletes that transcends their sport, so It's inevitable that some fans will leave when he retires.  Of course a new star will eventually come and similarly make their mark,  but there's a few skaters that leave a profound impact on the sport.  At least for me I don't think I will follow very closely the men's discipline. Although I love the sport in general, I'm much more interested in ladies skating so of course I will be watching in the future (Kostornaia!) I check all disciplines here and there but most of the programs I rewatch are from Ladies. Sometimes I think that it's the feminine/masculine combo  in Yuzuru's skating that attracts me more than anything. I don't care much for most of the 'traditional' men's skaters. So unless a skater with similar characteristics arrive (and maybe they will because of Yuzuru's influence) Mens will be at the back of my mind.  

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I can't speak about last year, but this year I don't think that was the case. They had a large section of seats reserved behind the judges that were meant for skaters and coaches to use...but based on a tweet I saw, apparently a lot of the skaters didn't realize this so the seats  stayed empty the whole time. But I didn't hear anything about legitimate ticket holders being turned away.

I found a blue wristband on the floor outside of the arena and thought "Wow someone lost their all-event ticket." Sure enough, when I handed it to the ticketing table, there was a Japanese lady there freaking out. It must really suck to travel all the way halfway around the world and then not be able to go because you lost your blue wristband, which you had to wear for all 3 days. If it was too loose then it could fall off and then... If it was too tight you had to sleep and shower with it, LOL. I almost lost mine last year because I didn't know that you only got one for the entire event.

9 hours ago, Xen said:

.the younger chinese fans are terrified of the older japanese fans. Last year at ACI, ran into a couple who said they'd never fight with an older japanese lady, because there is no way to win. A lot of them opted to stay overnight outside as a measure of potentially winning some seats against the older japanese fans.

I find this interesting...what makes the Japanese aunties so terrifying to the (presumably) younger, taller, stronger, faster Chinese fans?

Are they the legendary and much feared "obatarian"? (A blend of the Japanese word for "aunt"  [oba] and "battalion" ). These are the ladies who will elbow you to get to a seat on the subway. They will push forward to get the lucky rice cakes thrown out at festivals.  They look sweet but when they decide to do something, you Get.Out.Of.Their. Way. 

(Excuse me if this word has been explained before. I just find it so funny.  It may be out of fashion these days.)

Hace 12 horas, Yoa said:

Following him is bad but taking pictures and videos in private setting (outside of competiton) is also really bad.

Last year when Yuzuru was in Russia someone filmed him while he was getting out of a car together with his mother and Brian (and someone else, i don't remember) and his meeting with his Russian coaches outside of hotel... it was something private. It was even posted on Planet :dry: There are photos online showing him and his mother at the aiport in Toronto. Or even videos on youtube. And people give those videos thumbs up. Even when you don't follow him and meet him by accident, don't take photos/videos of him or at least don't post them online. 

Ok, you´re right.  But if you find him on the street and you take a selfie, that's okay, right?