General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, monchan said:

LMAO he's sooo high

I wish I knew what's playing in his ears.:smiley-laughing021:

About the Canadian skater tweeting: As long as she got permission from Ghislain and she's reasonable about the kind of information she tweets, it seems ok. I understand the need to share, if you had an interesting tidbit of information like that Ghislain thought Yuzu's bandage was his costume or that Evgenia chose her program herself, that you knew people would love to know too, wouldn't you want to share? 

It's good to know that Yuzu's faltering was mostly because of his nerves and skating a new program and not because of unhealed injuries or bad physical condition. 

4 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

There were some crazy screaming that really left me wondering at ACI this year. It's okay to feel enthusiast and scream together with everyone, but it's not a competition about who's the loudest or the craziest. 

I'm sure Yuzuru has felt the cringe multiple times in his carreer. And wheb he shushed the fans, you could see by his face he was seriously pissed. 

I have no justifications whatsoever for people chasing him and obsessing to the point where they forget he is human. Because it's thanks to them that Yuzuru will probably never be able to quietly have a conversation with his fans.

At Worlds 2017 there was an Italian lady, maybe 40 years old, screaming from the tribune, during the victory ceremony, in Italian (so completely delusional) "Yuzu, turn around, look here, my love! I love you!" 

I would gladly send all of those fans outside the rink and away. By force. 

I think we have no idea how bad and how stressful and how crazy it can get for Yuzu to cope with that.

All of that is basically the idol element of Yuzu's fandom. I noticed at ACI that there were two or three general categories of his fans: the ones who were there to watch FS and like Hanyu as well; the dignified older ladies from Japan who were there to watch him, and what I'm going to call the groupies, who were there to chase after him and for nothing else. These ones were the ones who lined up for seats and crowded around the athlete's rink entrance to get photos of him. They're also the ones  he ended up shushing, by the way. And they're also the ones who ran out of the arena en masse at the start of Chadwick's program , which was horribly annoying for the rest of us who wanted to watch him.

As for screaming, I'll confess to doing my share, but only during the general applause. I was trying to hold back because I do have a high-pitched, high-volume howl...but it was difficult. However, I tried to limit myself to only one 'Woo!' :snmouchotto: I hope it wasn't too bothersome. 

26 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

I wish I knew what's playing in his ears.:smiley-laughing021:

About the Canadian skater tweeting: As long as she got permission from Ghislain and she's reasonable about the kind of information she tweets, it seems ok. I understand the need to share, if you had an interesting tidbit of information like that Ghislain thought Yuzu's bandage was his costume or that Evgenia chose her program herself, that you knew people would love to know too, wouldn't you want to share? 

It's good to know that Yuzu's faltering was mostly because of his nerves and skating a new program and not because of unhealed injuries or bad physical condition. 

I kind of also think that if Ghislain is talking to somebody he knows is a fan, we don't really need to babysit him about the information he gives out. I'm sure he's aware that there are a lot of people who love to get news about Yuzu, for whatever reason, and I guess we can be pretty confident that nobody at TCC would let out actual confidential information, or anything that would be harmful, when talking to fans? 

19 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I kind of also think that if Ghislain is talking to somebody he knows is a fan, we don't really need to babysit him about the information he gives out. I'm sure he's aware that there are a lot of people who love to get news about Yuzu, for whatever reason, and I guess we can be pretty confident that nobody at TCC would let out actual confidential information, or anything that would be harmful, when talking to fans? 

I'd hope so anyways. 

2 hours ago, monchan said:

LMAO he's sooo high

He's having so much fun! Then he goes from rocking out to dead serious the second the earphones come off. I love it. 

Actually, the whole time at ACI, Yuzu really looked like he was having fun. During the practices and the SP, there was lots of smiles and a general sense of light-heartedness. It was nice to see.

6 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

You'd think so anyways. 

They have kept all details about him under wraps for years now, and they managed what must have been insane pressure for information in the run up to PC, and managed the information flow during it perfectly, too. So judging by previous form, if a senior TCC coach said something to a fan, it's probably not something they consider sensitive information.

9 hours ago, Yoa said:

Some of us were wondering why there were so many empty seats at ACI when all tickets were sold out. Some obviously were reserved. But I read somewhere that organisers didn't want to too many people there after what happened last year. 

So they didn't allow some people with tickets in? and also what happened last year?

5 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

They have kept all details about him under wraps for years now, and they managed what must have been insane pressure for information in the run up to PC, and managed the information flow during it perfectly, too. So judging by previous form, if a senior TCC coach said something to a fan, it's probably not something they consider sensitive information.

I agree with you, and I also know that there are people who can be very very good at fishing for the information you don't want to reveal. They'll circle around and around the topic, picking away at it bit by bit, until you find yourself having said far far more than you ever intended to...hope that's not the case here.