General Yuzuru Chat

13 時間前, Jace93さんが言いました:

Hey guys, I just realized that in otonal all of Yuzu jumping passes were in the first half... Do you think it was a mistake or it's really intended to be this way?

Yuzuru replied in this interview (ACI of TV Asahi 2 version;  10:30) to that question as;

"This is more beautiful as the flow.  So, I think it may be OK to keep this way"

7 hours ago, Sammie said:

I'm a bit confused about this sentence - "Hanyu said he didn’t feel the music". Where did he say that? I've only seen the broadcast and the Asahi coverage, but don't remember him saying that in an interview, and doesn't sound like a very Yuzu thing to say. Although it was sort of a first pancake (albeit a very good one at that), it didn't really seem to me that he wasn't feeling it :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:But maybe he did say that, I don't know. It just stood out as something that would have needed a source.

7 hours ago, Sammie said:

At first I read this thinking, yeah! Finally something definite about his physical condition, then I read it again and it's, "Hanyu says has no special injury problem. Right now, he seems to be injury free, Orser agreed." :crazyshit2:

I guess he would always say he has no problems physically if he can still jump, he is a tough athlete after all... But I've been worrying on and off that the pinky is some kind of distraction and this didn't help! Comparing pursuit of 4A with that of 4Lz just reminds me to keep praying for him :snonegai:

Also,

Spoiler

Way to go "fans" getting police called to the rink, ugh

4 分, glilikoiさんが言いました:

I'm a bit confused about this sentence - "Hanyu said he didn’t feel the music". Where did he say that? I've only seen the broadcast and the Asahi coverage, but don't remember him saying that in an interview, and doesn't sound like a very Yuzu thing to say. Although it was sort of a first pancake (albeit a very good one at that), it didn't really seem to me that he wasn't feeling it :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:But maybe he did say that, I don't know. It just stood out as something that would have needed a source.

Maybe this one?

Plus;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgzwK2g27AI

20 minutes ago, LadySnowblood said:

At first I read this thinking, yeah! Finally something definite about his physical condition, then I read it again and it's, "Hanyu says has no special injury problem. Right now, he seems to be injury free, Orser agreed." :crazyshit2:

I guess he would always say he has no problems physically if he can still jump, he is a tough athlete after all... But I've been worrying on and off that the pinky is some kind of distraction and this didn't help! Comparing pursuit of 4A with that of 4Lz just reminds me to keep praying for him :snonegai:

Also,

Hide contents

Way to go "fans" getting police called to the rink, ugh

What’s this about the police? Was there a fight about who had the biggest Pooh?

7 minutes ago, Whee1000 said:

It's in the article so probably silly to keep putting under spoiler but,

Spoiler

It was that fans were arguing outside because personal items left to save places in line, had been moved

[admin edit] we demand the justice and fairness of the sport. We are planning on filling a OAC communication 2194 to express our concerns over the judges. We also encourage people to leave your messages to https://www.isu.org/contact-us

Admin comment: No one likes corrupt judging, but in general, it's hard to say whether this could do more harm than good. You're free to do what you want as individuals, but it's best not to claim to be representing Hanyu Fans or PH as a group. 

2 hours ago, LadySnowblood said:

It's in the article so probably silly to keep putting under spoiler but,

Hide contents

It was that fans were arguing outside because personal items left to save places in line, had been moved

It was a really cold and windy night. Even walking outside I caught a cold and had headaches. I feel bad for them, in some way.

30 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

It was a really cold and windy night. Even walking outside I caught a cold and had headaches. I feel bad for them, in some way.

Yes I do too. I apologize, I didn't mean to be unkind or unsympathetic but I can see how it looks that way.

This got kind of long, and I guess to me it isn't really Yuzuru-related, so:

Spoiler

I had mixed feelings and I was being sarcastic to kind of throw it all away...

I was frustrated and annoyed that something like this had to be mentioned about "Hanyu's fans" when it wasn't relevant to the story. Stuff happens when people gather (especially with no shelter & little sleep) so it was truly unremarkable in that sense. Overall it was a nice piece and maybe she thought this was just "flavor" but even now it doesn't quite sit right with me... but then again, it's just a blog.

I was also sad and disappointed to read that things had escalated so much between fans that police were called in, just like "oh why???" I am really sorry for being sarcastic/negative about that because I do value fellowship with other fans and don't mean to judge anyone... No one's perfect and we're all here for same or similar reasons.

I hope you're feeling OK! 

5 hours ago, Whee1000 said:

No. We actually walked in as the two ladies whose stuff had been moved were haranging the arena's customer service staff and threatening to call police. It seems they had left their stuff unattended for hours so some other line-waiters thought it would okay to move it....when they came back and saw their stuff had been moved, they freaked out and wanted to call the police because their stuff had been touched.

I can understand the situation but leaving belongings to reserve a place in line is a bit unheard of here. You either occupy the space yourself/have someone occupy it for you, or give it up and move to the back of the line. In my opinion, this was as much a cultural misunderstanding as anything else