General Yuzuru Chat

12 minutes ago, Jace93 said:

Hey guys, I just realized that in otonal all of Yuzu jumping passes were in the first half... Do you think it was a mistake or it's really intended to be this way?

Due to the rule change with having a 2/1 layout of the jumping passes, he probably realized that the 1.1 bonus on a poorly done combo isn’t worth the well done combo with +4 or 5. It makes sense.

15 minutes ago, Jace93 said:

Hey guys, I just realized that in otonal all of Yuzu jumping passes were in the first half... Do you think it was a mistake or it's really intended to be this way?

Not a mistake, he intended it that way. In the RT during practice, he did the same thing, so it's choreographed, at least for now, for all 3 passes to be in the first half.

Don't ask me why. I suppose there's the whole don't care about the scores bit, but on the other hand, he does want to win so.... 

3 hours ago, Jace93 said:

When putting together his programs Yuzu doesn't make mistakes.  Besides, the last part of the music was not really music to jump to, more music to power a large number of stepping and choreographic moves jammed into a very short time.  Jeffrey has been responsible for so many of Yuzu's short programs over the years and we can see why here.  In putting together a program like this I think Yuzu is making it very clear he wants to skate for excellence and not for points, as he has implied in recent statements, and he is willing to skate out of the box in pursuing that goal.