General Yuzuru Chat

56 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Is this old or new? Has he done this before ?  :13877886:

Huh? So little girls are allowed to upload vids of yuzu at TCC? So far no photo or vid of Hanyu at TCC from Zhenya, Jason, Conrad, Gabby, but only Javier Raya and little girls can upload Yuzu photos and vids at TCC hahahaha. :xD:

1 hour ago, Fay said:

4T3A? Yes, plenty of times. Not worth doing it in competition.

I've just had a thought... Since he has 3A as last jumping pass, he could pull Evgenia and zayak last jumping element.  3a-3a sequence at the end of the program :peekapooh: Just some creative exit out of single 3A :slinkaway: I am actually curious how international judges would react to that

1 minute ago, Yoa said:

I've just had a thought... Since he has 3A as last jumping pass, he could pull Evgenia and zayak last jumping element.  3a-3a sequence at the end of the program :peekapooh: Just some creative exit out of single 3A :slinkaway: I am actually curious how international judges would react to that

Not worth the attempt - and since he has 3A prior to that, the jump will just get nil points. 

And his choreo will hardly allow it. He hasn’t got an empty space to insert another difficult jump in. 

4 minutes ago, Fay said:

Not worth the attempt - and since he has 3A prior to that, the jump will just get nil points. 

And his choreo will hardly allow it. He hasn’t got an empty space to insert another difficult jump in. 

I wasn't really serious but didn't rules change? In Evgenia case only the last 3T didn't get points.

Edit. I read again your reply. I knew when I wrote that that he would get zero point for that 3A. But he would get 100% of BV on all other jumps :) I was just wondering what would happen if he decided to do that

1 minute ago, Yoa said:

I wasn't really serious but didn't rules change? In Evgenia case only the last 3T didn't get points

You can’t jump three 3As. Yuzu jumps one in combo and one single 3A. So should he jump 3A3A sequence, he’ll end up losing points for nothing, because it’s a sequence, not a combination. Let alone the fact he’s got to be jumping it from the exit edge, without a hop (which what he does all the time). So is it worth the effort in a content-packed program towards the end of the program? 

Let him work on getting flip and lutz back, actually. I miss those... 

8 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

No worries, I think we'd all explode if we couldn't watch but it'll be fine.

We're old pros with juggling things like these in order to be able to sit bleary eyed at some ungodly hour and squint at the screen in order to catch skating! :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

It really is at an ungodly hour for me (starts at 12am) and I have a business to run early in the morning. Thankfully my sister offered to take over so I could catch up on sleep. I suppose she got scared of my panicked-and-whining-fanyu-face and got fed up with my wailing. :joy:

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

Is this old or new? Has he done this before ?  :13877886:

i think it's a new vid, at least taken after his name was added to the OLYMPIC CHAMPS plaque-if i believe hard enough i can see two similar looking blurs with a different looking blur separating them on it

edit: oh also there's a second OLYMPIC CHAMPS plaque which should have Javi's name on it so this was definitely taken recently!!

1 hour ago, Fay said:

You can’t jump three 3As. Yuzu jumps one in combo and one single 3A. So should he jump 3A3A sequence, he’ll end up losing points for nothing, because it’s a sequence, not a combination. Let alone the fact he’s got to be jumping it from the exit edge, without a hop (which what he does all the time). So is it worth the effort in a content-packed program towards the end of the program? 

If he gets his flip or lutz back, he's actually better off replacing his 3A2T with a 3Lz3A or 3F3A sequence BV-wise. The loss of points from +SEQ is more than made up for by replacing 2T with 3Lz or 3F.

1 hour ago, Fay said:

I don't think you understood me or I misunderstood you :) My English isn't that good. During russian nationals 2017 Evgenia jumped three 3T in free skate and as you said you can't repeat the same triple 3 times.  She did 3F-3T, 2A-2T-2T and 3S-3T-3T*. She had one additional jump. With older rules (before 16/17 season?) the whole last jumping pass would get zero points. But Evgenia only got last 3T invalidated and she still got full credit for all 3 combos minus last 3T. So let's say Yuzuru did 4T-1Eu-3S, 4T-3T, 3A-2T and 3A-3A*. he still has 3 combos. Only last 3A would get zero points and the rest of the jumps would get full credit, right? I know it's not worth it because he would get zero points for that 3A and he even may make a mistake and lose points for nothing. But there's a way to jump 3A sequence in a competitive program and and not lose points in BV :) Just like it's possible to jump delayed single axel in choreo sequence but that's also risky. It's not worth it but it's still possible. He would also get zero point for that 1A but he wouldn't loose any points. And in this video from Victoria he didn't do that hop. We often joke that Yuzuru would jump 4A from back-counter and write similar jokes but we aren't serious. Like we were joking about him stoping skating in the middle of the program, just after landing 4A and retiring in middle of competition. But we don't really mean it :D

And I miss 3F and lutz too :sorrow:I wonder what Yuzuru will if he pops 4Lo into a triple. Will he try to jump it again later?

8 minutes ago, Yoa said:

there's a way to jump 3A sequence in a competitive program and and not lose points in BV 

There's a way to jump 3A in sequence and gain points in BV! (*continues to evangelize*) 3Lz3A sequence instead of 3A2T! It's 2 whole BV points more--the same as replacing 4Lo with 4A.

(Really, being able to replace 2T with a triple is worth about as much as adding a quad in some cases. Granted, replacing it with 3Lo would be better than an axel sequence, but for whatever reason men don't tend to jump loop combos.)