General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

There's nothing wrong with saying it!
Let me explain as I feel like this Nessie bit is kind of my fault. The reason why it is Nessie is not the monster part.

4A has always been so elusive, it's been 30 years now, but the 'myth' that it was possible has stuck around. Many people tried 'finding' it, or rather landing it, but it kept escaping them. There was no real proof that 'Nessie' existed. So when the whole thing got started, 4A became Nessie because it is that elusive monster jump, that Yuzuru would finally land and thus prove that Nessie exists. 

This is why Nessie fit so well.

Of course, the J fandom can easily throw Godzilla to signify just how 4A is a fab monster jump Zu 'caught'! It's also a great idea.

Exactly! And Nessie teases us with little glimpses, just like Yuzu.

7 hours ago, yuzuonice said:

has this been discussed? do we have more info?

I know we will figure a way around by using a VPN or something, but really, doing this after the Olympics when new fans just got into the sport sounds so counterproductive...

The ISU is always shooting itself in the foot. What is the rationale behind this? There probably is no rationale. Just a knee-jerk reaction to block everything. Instead of making the sport more inclusive, they are making it more exclusive. They will make it exclusive to the point of extinction.

4 hours ago, kiches said:

I do remember after Sochi when Yuzu was going to compete at Finlandia a Japanese broadcasting company (can’t remember which) bought the rights to broadcast the competition but I don’t remember if it geoblocked the steaming. Didn’t matter much anyway since Yuzu withdrew but maybe the same happened again for ACI. 

Was live streaming of last year's ACI blocked outside of Canada? There was a Japanese broadcasting company at ACI last year, I think.

I think that's a new uploaded video, but I'm not sure when it was taken. It was posted about 30 min ago and it's 3 AM in Toronto. I assume she had this clip from when she was a the club and is maybe sharing it now, because I thought she left a couple weeks back.

To answer @Geo1 the ACI streams in the past were not geoblocked. It could be that a Japanese TV station purchased full broadcasting rights, maybe that's why the change this year. It's unfortunate. The stream wasn't always high quality but it was legitimate and fairly stable from my memory.