General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Thanks.  I figured the Planet would come through and even if they couldn't, we'd eventually be able to see it anyway, but I had a mini panic attack as soon I saw the post, lol. 

No worries, I think we'd all explode if we couldn't watch but it'll be fine.

We're old pros with juggling things like these in order to be able to sit bleary eyed at some ungodly hour and squint at the screen in order to catch skating! :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

9 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

gahhh I have to TA on Friday during the short program (my job starts and ends at the same times!) so it looks like I'll be the one exploding :headdesk2:

I hope the lab finishes early so I can sprint across campus and hopefully catch Yuzu skate ;;; But knowing the professor, he likes to talk a lot and usually takes up the entire 3 hours so :13877886:

9 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

We're old pros with juggling things like these in order to be able to sit bleary eyed at some ungodly hour and squint at the screen in order to catch skating! :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

ain't that the truth... even for mere minutes of a Japanese tv show that kept repeating itself while we all waited for glimpses of Yuzu... that seriously has to have become legend around here by now...  yet it was some of the most entertaining stuff I've ever watched...lol...purely because I was utterly clueless of what was actually going on (and the hilarious play by play from planeteers)

13 minutes ago, MarthEmblem said:

gahhh I have to TA on Friday during the short program (my job starts and ends at the same times!) so it looks like I'll be the one exploding 

So if the prof slips on a piece of chalk and you get to a screen in time, we'll definitely know it was not your fault :biggrin:

(seriously though, that is one major case of bad luck, but hey, there's still the 'free' pancake after that!)

@liv that one is definitely a stuff of legend :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: But the collective suffering by satellites makes it fun anyway! And now we know more about J golf ... and baseball ... and whatever else was used to brainwash us. 

8 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

So if the prof slips on a piece of chalk and you get to a screen in time, we'll definitely know it was not your fault :biggrin:

(seriously though, that is one major case of bad luck, but hey, there's still the 'free' pancake after that!)

If he happens to not be able to show up then that's just too bad, I guess :devilYuzu:

It seems like every competition I try to watch is either at some ungodly hour in the morning when I have an 8:30 am class or I'm in class/at work. Looking forward to that pancake tho :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

5 hours ago, Geo1 said:

"Ogopogo" is the Canadian Loch Ness monster which has been sighted from time to time in Okanagan Lake in British Columbia. It was just sighted and briefly captured on video the other day.

https://globalnews.ca/video/4442421/did-a-kelowna-man-capture-ogopogo-on-video 

Could this be a foreshadowing??? Nessie sighted in Canadian waters so recently?

...and the GPF being held in BC...hmmmmm.

4 hours ago, Rainbow said:

I know my comment on this should be ignored as unpopular.

But please allow me to say that for a Japanese Nessie is such a foreign creature living in a remote lake far away from Japan.  On the other hand, Godzilla, who has reportedly visited Japan many times in movies, is much more loved and awed for generations by Japanese, and there are cute plushies like these.

https://search.rakuten.co.jp/search/mall/ゴジラ/201632/

Sorry, I feel out of place and am regretting saying that.

No, don't feel bad for saying that. But maybe there's a Japanese version of  a Nessie? Godzilla isn't enough of a mystery. The big appeal of Nessie is that no one knows if she's real or just a legend. Godzilla's myth is different from that.

And I realize now that some else already covered that ... I'm late to the conversation today...

I do remember after Sochi when Yuzu was going to compete at Finlandia a Japanese broadcasting company (can’t remember which) bought the rights to broadcast the competition but I don’t remember if it geoblocked the steaming. Didn’t matter much anyway since Yuzu withdrew but maybe the same happened again for ACI. 

I was wondering what happened when I woke up to several new pages... the Planet is going crazy :darklordyuzu:

Plushies aren't as easy to find in stores here as I expected. Admittedly, I only searched one mall, but found no Poohs and only one little, very psychedelic-looking goat that I refrained from buying for fear of permanently traumatizing some kid. A Nessie I suspect would be even more impossible... but until Helsinki, I should be able to order one online lol

I do think it's hilarious though that when someone suggested Yuzu splatting, the biggest concern here was throwing the inappropriate plushies :xD:

I'm going to RoC this season, and I want to throw a really big Pooh doll, but I can't find any where I live. I can only find a medium sized bear, but this time I want to throw a really big pooh bear because it is my first GP. Has anyone here thrown yuzu a really big pooh bear yet? And if so, how did you fit it in your carriage?
I want to throw a really, really big one before he retires. So if I can't find it this year, I will try for next year. I'm thinking about the size of like an average 3 year old size pooh bear. :knc_yuzu2: