General Yuzuru Chat

15 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

There was no real proof that 'Nessie' existed. So when the whole thing got started, 4A became Nessie because it is that elusive monster jump, that Yuzuru would finally land and thus prove that Nessie exists. 

This is why Nessie fit so well.

Of course, the J fandom can easily throw Godzilla to signify just how 4A is a fab monster jump Zu 'caught'! It's also a great idea.

Thank you for your explanation.  I knew what Nessie was after having gone over some pages of older threads to get familiar with PH idioms. 

Actually people in Japan have been fascinated by occasional "alleged" Nessie sighting news, too.  So I'm sure Nessie will have a universal appeal and people will get the message.  Japanese love anything kawaii, after all.

1 minute ago, yuzuonice said:

has this been discussed? do we have more info?

I know we will figure a way around by using a VPN or something, but really, doing this after the Olympics when new fans just got into the sport sounds so counterproductive...

Looks like Voodoo Season is approaching:hexer:

2 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

I know we will figure a way around by using a VPN or something, but really, doing this after the Olympics when new fans just got into the sport sounds so counterproductive...

Would rabbit work? I could try to rabbit it :10636614:

12 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

Just when you think ISU cannot get any dumber they go and prove me wrong. I mean the bar is already buried but I guess I underestimated them and should have dug my way through to China. 

It is a non-issue with VPNs but still. ISU is going to dodo bird itself but not before it dodo birds skating. 

5 minutes ago, Yoa said:

ISU restrictions? What restrictions? Last year it was only geo-blocked in Japan because they broadcasted it a few days later... It's not like Eurosport/NBC/other channels will broadcast it in other countries... 

Yes, unless someone bought world-wide rights which then raises the question who that would be? I mean it's not really profitable, even GPs are being (re)moved from schedules. 

34 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

Wut? Why should ISU sabotage itself like that? (Wait, it's ISU :facepalm: I can't put that past them)

What would they get out of that? And why should it be special treatment for ACI? When ACI is gonna have so many top skaters and skaters like Donovan who could use some international attention?

Wait, iirc USclassic will livestream only for nbc gold, but fed will upload videos on their channel... if for ACI it's some broadcaster rights thing I can understand, but what the heck would ISU restrictions even be?

If true, it's just plainly DUMB  :knc_brian3:

And they aren't learning anything from JGP and Ted Barton :curse: 

25 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

I don't see an Autumn Classic thread.  Can we try to get a plan together so the rest of us can see it?  I'll try to figure out this VPN thing but don't have any faith in my abilities to learn it in time.  

Maybe those who aren't tech savvy can figure out some way to do something to thank those generous people who take the time to Rabbit, translate, provide files and just good helpful advice.  Since the Planet seems to be healthy financially, perhaps we can start a fund to help out with banner/plushy costs.  Nessie doesn't look that hard to make, imagine if each of us made one and sent it to whoever is lucky enough to go to his competitions. Okay, I know I'm being crazy, but imagine what we could do if we hardcore organized the varied talents of the Fanyu community.

Also, what countries are the owners of this forum from? 

1 minute ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I don't see an Autumn Classic thread.  Can we try to get a plan together so the rest of us can see it?  I'll try to figure out this VPN thing but don't have any faith in my abilities to learn it in time.  

I haven't opened it yet but it will be up during the weekend.

Don't worry, we'll have all the instructions ready with plenty of time in advance. VPNs are not difficult at all, a lot of us have been using them to watch skating, so it will be no trouble and we're here to help.

There'll definitely be rabbit rooms too so it'll be fine! 

The admin/moderator team is spread out world-wide if that is what you are asking. 

5 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I haven't opened it yet but it will be up during the weekend.

Don't worry, we'll have all the instructions ready with plenty of time in advance. VPNs are not difficult at all, a lot of us have been using them to watch skating, so it will be no trouble and we're here to help.

There'll definitely be rabbit rooms too so it'll be fine! 

The admin/moderator team is spread out world-wide if that is what you are asking. 

Rabbit would be the best for me. We can all scream over Yuzuru costume :68468287: