General Yuzuru Chat

23 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Angelo is pretty much off the Social Media as a whole, so I wouldn't know. Max was more active last year, lately I haven't been hearing from him much! I mean, he does posts on facebook about the performances he enjoyed more about certain events (posted about Italian Lucrezia Beccaria, Kostornaia, Sherbakova, Trusova, Grassl). He also recently made a post about Yuzuru's Open Media Day. I kinda miss him :embSwan: 

Oh, so there's where Max was...It looks like I need to revive my facebook app :13877886: 

7 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Ten... Ten days?

Where did off-season go? I am so ready but costumes, I am not ready? *runs around in circles screaming a little*

:tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid::59227c768286a__s::tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp::smiley-scared003: not ready :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Re: English

I love Yuzu repeating 'You know' :67638860:  

I like it, it's a great filler for gathering thoughts... Javi uses it too, I guess they both picked it from Brian, cute :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

I think the main reason why Yuzuru wants to improve his English after r**** is that he wants to communicate better with skaters from all around the world, be understood. He has this heartfelt desire to pass on his experience and knowledge, so English is a mean to an end. I hope he can succeed, I want his words to reach even all those people who don't bother searching for non-western media material  :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: 

Actually, we joke about olympic channel using Yuzuru as click-bait but I appreciate that they make english content from a number off different sources, japanese too. And they also had a number of well-written articles:tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

And while I roll my eyes at Jack's today Yuzu, I like that he's started tweeting about the fanmade videos, subs and translations, giving them visibility (it's all content I've already seen, but maybe it can help a new fan, or fans who don't scour the net in search of every tiny Zuzu snippet) :tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

25 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

And while I roll my eyes at Jack's today Yuzu, I like that he's started tweeting about the fanmade videos, subs and translations, giving them visibility (it's all content I've already seen, but maybe it can help a new fan, or fans who don't scour the net in search of every tiny Zuzu snippet) :tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

I am actually 90% sure that he's doing 'today's Yuzu' because he gets responses from Twitter, so he is responding to the demand with the supply.  Not sure he is still enjoying it as much as day 1 :xD:

32 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I am actually 90% sure that he's doing 'today's Yuzu' because he gets responses from Twitter, so he is responding to the demand with the supply.  Not sure he is still enjoying it as much as day 1 :xD:

Well, he brought that upon himself, fanyus are greedy :P

And he's enjoying the likes all right  :9:

8 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

I always kind of thought that even if Yuzu did make an official instagram run by ANA or JSF or whatever, he wouldn't follow anyone. He would be those celebrities who has a million followers but "0" following, just to avoid scandals, tabloids. Because if he follows a "female" skater, then Japanese tabloids will go crazy again..

I know he will never make instagram but even if he did make a verified account, he would be under heavy inspection by the crazy Japanese media to see if he "likes" a female skater's photo or whatever. 

This thought led me to the realization that Yuzu, being a wise person that he is, has thought of many of these consequences or outcomes of how people will react when he makes a verified social media account. His tweets or instagram posts will make headlines, and if he makes one mistake online, then boom, his image may be affected more negatively than if he never made an account in the first place. 

I read somewhere that Brian advised him not to make any public social media account, though probably it was Yuzu's intention all along anyway. The advice came from their experience with Yuna, who has a bunch of Korean media as crazy as the Japanese one to deal with. She had a little bit of unfortunate history with her twitter (unintentionally getting into a fan war I think), and all her accounts ended up with only charity & commercial content. Anyway, social media really carries great risks for any celebrity that doesn't feed off the clicks. When you're scrutinized by such wide public, whatever you do at all will get some people's hate. When it's as intimate a medium as social media, it gets personal. It's good for the peace of mind if not the public image,  especially for someone with a kind and sensitive heart like Yuzu. 

5 hours ago, ruruzest said:

:sadPooh: thank you Brian!

Reveal hidden contents

I still remember Yuzu’s face so sad on the podium and my heart ached for him. How can fans ,no matter how much you support you fav be that rude. I don’t think Yuzu’s fans have that kind of attitude at all.

Literally gasped in Starbucks when read this...Hanyu you should know you are the best, always!

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

This is the ranking of top 10 popular entertainers.  Some people are wondering why Yuzuru Hanyu is included.  Ichiro, who ranks 46, is the only other athlete in the list of top 50.  It is noted in the article that after winning 2nd OGM at PC Olympics Yuzu’s popularity became even bigger pushing upward his ranking by 30 from the last year.

’18  ’17  ‘16

1     1      1       マツコ・デラックス Matsuko Delux

2     3      3       綾瀬はるか Haruka Ayase

3     2     26      新垣結衣 Yui Aragaki

4     8     27      石原さとみSatomi Ishihara

5     4      2       嵐 Arashi

6     19    44     深田恭子 Kyoko Fukada

6     40    48     サンドウィッチマン Sandwitch Man

8     47    23     羽生結弦 Yuzuru Hanyu

9     15    16     博多華丸・大吉 Hanamaru/Daikichi Hakata   

10    35  117    渡辺直美 Naomi Watanabe

On 9/10/2018 at 1:33 AM, rockstaryuzu said:

except that if some paparazzo happens to see him out with her, no matter who else they might also be out with, it'll be game over for all of their privacy, you know...bad enough that tabloid made a thing out of one - ONE - blurry photo that supposedly shows they're not living in the same apartment building together...:headdesk:

Oh I know that in reality Yuzuru feels he has to be careful and he is concerned about what the media say about him, and he likes his privacy (although I thought Canada still afforded him some anonymity?? Maybe not now he is 2x Oly Champ!) and I don’t know about recent things in the media about him and Evgenia, What was it all about can I ask?