General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, quadaxelwin said:

No not nationals.

The only bombed performances of Yuzu that stick out to me were

1. 2012 SA FS

2. 2014 Sochi FS 

3. ACI FS (generally)

4. Some Worlds FS and SC FS. 

I can count on Yuzu to skate clean SPs though. 

All his 3 SPs at Olympics were clean. 

GP 2014 :slinkaway:

1 minute ago, quadaxelwin said:

:8:

I must have blocked that CoC crash from my memory. 

That bombed performance doesn't count because he was severely injured.

But jump wise, that was a worse bomb than 2012 Skate America FS... :crazyshit:

Poor baby. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

I never could watch this. Photos are already too much for my heart :tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380:

49 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

I've seen both Yuzu and Shoma bomb their performances. Yuzu's worst bomb skate in my opinion was in 2012 Skate America FS, where he couldn't handle the pressure after he broke his first WR in the SP. It was his worst performance to date.

Shoma bombed the 2018 Worlds FS really bad too.

They both had bad days in their career.

So I think Shoma can win over Yuzu at some point, but I hope it isn't nationals. I don't want commentators calling him National Silver Medalist, it just sounds out of place for a 2 time Olympic Champion, somehow.. :hachimaki:

AFAIK, Shoma was injured at 2018 Worlds. That he managed even that in the condition he was apparently in, was great IMO (everyone was seriously worried about Japan's spots because of that, though Kazuki majorly saved the day)

33 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

No not nationals.

The only bombed performances of Yuzu that stick out to me were

1. 2012 SA FS

2. 2014 Sochi FS 

3. ACI FS (generally)

4. Some Worlds FS and SC FS. 

I can count on Yuzu to skate clean SPs though. 

All his 3 SPs at Olympics were clean. 

I object to 2014 Sochi FS as bombed. He had two mistakes and he's had about two mistakes in most performances, after which he picked himself up and continued to finish his program even more strongly. Also, what other Worlds FS did he bomb aside from Boston? (And even that re-watching, I don't find as bad as some people make it sound...)

Also, Yuzu found his 2015 Nationals FS to be very poor, but he was so far ahead of the others, it made no difference for the result. I don't actually remember how it went, but for him, it seemed like the beginning of the 'breakdown' that culminated in Boston. Though, of course, he was also injured then, already.

27 minutes ago, Paskud said:

GP 2014 :slinkaway:

If you mean COC, I object to that even more. Anyone calling that program bombing should have to skate his program that day as well as he did. Even without the injuries, I doubt many could.

If you mean NHK, there is that, though, like I mentioned Shoma in Worlds 2018, Yuzu was still probably in pain, not to mention emotionally not in the right place at NHK, so not a very surprising result.

Though actually, in general, I hate the notion of 'bombing'. There are good days and bad days. Sometimes bad days have extenuating circumstances, which IMO, should not be ignored - like injuries or other issues - and sometimes they're just bad days, like everyone has. 'Bombing' has too negative connotations, especially when what these skaters do on an every day basis is fantastic. Even on their bad days.

But if we must use the term, to me, bombing excludes any program that was not given up on and was fought for until the end. And most Yuzu's programs are like that.

ETA: Though actually, can we postpone this topic a bit? We're almost at page 4000 and it'd suck to talk about bombing on it :1: Or at least let's hide it under spoilers (I tried, but it didn't work to edit a spoiler in it, so, just for future posts)

If Sochi FS counts as bomb, 15Nats FS does too, 2 falls & 3 carrots. Nats in the last quad didn't have a splendid track record at all. 14 - disease & surgery, skating with blood oozing from the cotton gauze; 15 - aggravating foot injury & bomb; 16 - sick in bed & withdrawal; 17 - you-know-what & withdrawal. Hence all the gloom around it I guess:acceptable:

Hopefully a new quad will start new traditions!:snonegai: (I'm also looking at ya, first GPs, Canadian Comps, 4CCs & the 2 qouta thingy, all ya silver-ish stuff):gla:

Just now, Paskud said:

Maybe his first words wasn't papa or so but bling-bling :giggle:

Kira Kira in Japanese lol.

I find it strange that Yuzu has very simple casual fashion sense in day to day life but almost johnny weirish lady gaga sparkle, glamorous fashion sense for skating costumes.

It's the complete opposite to his normal day fashion style :darklordyuzu: