General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Oh I see. Well. No need for others to make it about Hanyu then, when he already went and did it all by himself, lol.

TBF, he doesn't make it into Hanyu. He makes it into one-who-shall-not-be-named. I bet he means Lord Voldemort, but then the last time I read Harry Potter Lord Voldemort has a snake and not a swan.

9 minutes ago, vanadiezz said:

TBF, he doesn't make it into Hanyu. He makes it into one-who-shall-not-be-named. I bet he means Lord Voldemort, but then the last time I read Harry Potter Lord Voldemort has a snake and not a swan.

Is there anyone in HP with a swan patronus :tumblr_inline_n2pjel3tmf1qdlkyg:any big HP fans know? :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

On the more serius note, I understand why everyone is upset I am too  but at this point it's best to ignore him and let him vent and be petty..... potentially for a good while until everything is permanently under the rug. Ultimately it's his own image he's using not anyone else's

11 hours ago, KatjaThera said:
Spoiler

So, there have been people around who could have taught him to ride or swim, if he wanted to ;) Or they could still later on lol)

And facilities available to swim.  TCC has a short-course pool and I'm sure instructors to go with it.

1 minute ago, Anony said:

Is there anyone in HP with a swan patronus :tumblr_inline_n2pjel3tmf1qdlkyg:any big HP fans know? :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

On the more serius note, I understand why everyone is upset I am too  but at this point it's best to ignore him and let him vent and be petty..... potentially for a good while until everything is under the rug. Ultimately it's his own image he's using not anyone else's

Yup, some people will just always behave a certain why. Especially drama queens. 

It's funny because Yuzuru is almost the exact opposite... he will never create drama out of nowhere because he already has enough real drama in his life. 

30 分, vanadiezzさんが言いました:

Lol. I always find going the roundabout way to refer to someone, especially when it isn't necessary, makes that someone even bigger of a deal than simply referring them to straight out. I mean, it's a lot more trouble to take. So you're actually making it about that person even more by bringing them up in the first place before anybody else could and then reinforcing it further by deliberately not referring to them by their names. >_<

Anyway, it's interesting, all these skaters and their different personalities. :) But, I wouldn't read too deeply behind the intentions of those few written words, especially when English isn't exactly Ge's strongest suit.

well, the whole thing on Misha's IG (FaOI drama) was quite unfortunate, and I think it could have been handled better.

Personally, I'd prefer if Misha just let everything slide into oblivion by merely not mentioning anything again, as I think his not-at-all-veiled hints about certain skater* only rekindle the debate (and I understand why it would make some people sour... at a point the whole fandom felt somehow called out, when in truth the unreasonable voices were a minority... it doesn't really matter how loud they were, he made them all the louder by addressing them like he did)

confession: when I heard Notte Stellata during that skate I thought 'Yuzu!' but only because, even as an italian, I've come to know that song through Yuzuru (not a fan of Il Volo LOL tho my mum forced me to download a couple of their songs for her :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg: well, she followed the talent show where they were 'born' so she has some fondness for them).

I didn't even know it was Misha's choreo, I've learned that from the comments in our JGP thread... Maybe the girl loved the song itself (I'm always surprised at how some songs are almost more known in other countries than here LOL) or maybe she loved Yuzu's programs and was inspired by it (how many of us have discovered new music thanks to FS programs? it happens to skaters, too). So not a big deal. Not worth mentioning. I'm not in Misha's mind nor I know if he has received many comments about NS being Yuzu's song (Il Volo would argue it's their song LOL they have copyright!:dancingpooh:), but refraining from backhanded hints would have been wiser IMO, and he's media-savvy enough to know that n.1 rule is: don't feed the troll

And yeah, poor Javi has been dealing with much more for such a long time, Yuzu is right when calling him kind because you must be a saint to put up with all of that, plus all those questions from media... (plus having to share the limelight with someone who comes from a country where FS is so big and gives so many opportunities, while belonging to a country where FS is...not big at all)*. Such grace and patience :bow:

*I often think about what Robin Cousins said, that maybe you'd wish for the two of them to have skated in different eras, instead of having to share that single spot at the top for so long, because they are both so good... but at the same time they would probably not be where they are without each other... (tho imo Yuzuru would probably have found his way somehow...but maybe he would have not been this Yuzu)

Without Yuzuru in the picture, I do think Javi would have shone more, instead of being treated by certain media as 'the training mate of the one who shines' (he is a miracle in his own way, pretty much like Yuna is for Korea, having reached the top despite coming from a country without the best facilities and resources for FS). But he had to deal with such a larger-than-life existence beside him and sometimes it simply outshone him

I do hope media start asking Yuzu more about Javi. Yuzuru's words paint the other half of the story and they get so much resonance, I'm sure they would make Javi proud and happy (also, they make me go soft soft):softYuzu:

3 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

well, the whole thing on Misha's IG (FaOI drama) was quite unfortunate, and I think it could have been handled better.

Personally, I'd prefer if Misha just let everything slide into oblivion by merely not mentioning anything again, as I think his not-at-all-veiled hints about certain skater* only rekindle the debate (and I understand why it would make some people sour... at a point the whole fandom felt somehow called out, whenin truth the unreasonable voices were a minority... it doesn't really matter how loud they were, he made them all the louder by addressing them like he did)

confession: when I heard Notte Stellata during that skate I thought 'Yuzu!' but only because, even as an italian, I've come to know that song through Yuzuru (not a fan of Il Volo LOL tho my mum forced me to download a couple of their songs for her :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg: well, she followed the talent show were they were 'born' so she has some fondness for them).

I didn't even know it was Misha's choreo, I've learned that from the comments in our JGP thread... Maybe the girl loved the song itself (I'm always surprised at how some songs are almost more known in other countries than here LOL) or maybe she loved Yuzu's programs and was inspired by it (how many of us have discovered new music thanks to FS programs? it happens to skaters, too). So not a big deal. Not worth mentioning. I'm not in Misha's mind nor I know if he has received many comments about NS being Yuzu's song (Il Volo would argue it's their song LOL they have copyright!:dancingpooh:), but refraining from backhanded hints would have been wiser IMO, and he's media-savy enough to know that n.1 rule is: don't feed the troll

And yeah, poor Javi has been dealing with much more for such a long time, Yuzu is right when calling him kind because you must be a saint to put up with all of that, plus all those questions from media... (plus having to share the limelight with someone who comes from a country where FS is so big and gives so many opportunities, while belonging to a country where FS is...not big at all)*. Such grace and patience :bow:

*I often think about what Robin Cousins said, that maybe you'd wish for the two of them to have skated in different eras, instead of having to share that single spot at the top for so long, because they are both so good... but at the same time they would probably not be where they are without each other... (tho imo Yuzuru would probably have found his way somehow...but maybe he would have not been this Yuzu)

Without Yuzuru in the picture, I do think Javi would have shone more, instead of being treated by certain media as 'the training mate of the one who shines' (he is a miracle in his own way, pretty much like Yuna is for Korea, having reached the top despite coming from a country without the best facilities and resources for FS). But he had to deal with such a larger-than-life existence beside him and sometimes it simply outshone him

I do hope media start asking Yuzu more about Javi. Yuzuru's words paint the other half of the story and they get so much resonance, I'm sure they would make Javi proud and happy (also, they make me go soft soft):softYuzu:

In this house, we love one kind-hearted Spanish man. :softYuzu:

1 minute ago, LadyLou said:

confession: when I heard Notte Stellata during that skate I thought 'Yuzu!' but only because, even as an italian, I've come to know that song through Yuzuru (not a fan of Il Volo LOL tho my mum forced me to download a couple of their songs for her :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg: well, she followed the talent show were they were 'born' so she has some fondness for them).

I didn't even know it was Misha's choreo, I've learned that from the comments in our JGP thread... Maybe the girl loved the song itself (I'm always surprised at how some songs are almost more known in other countries than here LOL) or maybe she loved Yuzu's programs and was inspired by it (how many of us have discovered new music thanks to FS programs? it happens to skaters, too). So not a big deal. Not worth mentioning. I'm not in Misha's mind nor I know if he has received many comments about NS being Yuzu's song (Il Volo would argue it's their song LOL they have copyright!:dancingpooh:), but refraining from backhanded hints would have been wiser IMO, and he's media-savy enough to know that n.1 rule is: don't feed the troll

Same :68468287: but isn’t that normal though? When someone skated to skyfall people was screaming Wakaba in here, in the chats and on twitter. If we see someone skating to spider man the first person is going to be Boyang :10636614: 

Yuzu made Notte Stellata so iconic that we can’t help to associate with him.

I agree with you 💯 about Misha 

Strictly my opinion but I think the reason Fernandez is able to be that way in an environment as competitive as this is cos his competitive drive wasn't the kind that saw him absolutely wanting to be at the very top and the very best. He has a goal and enough drive to reach it but his goal was one where he could realistically achieve with his drive. Sometimes, he shoots past it and it's great when he does but his aim remains consistently at a lower altitude because it is more realistic for him and in keeping to it, he may sometimes outdo himself or underperform but if he keeps at it long enough, he'll somehow reach it, since he's been consistently in the vicinity of it for a few years now.

Chan and Hanyu share this desire to dominate but where Hanyu has more than enough fire, hunger and ironically humility in him to see him get to where he wants, Chan lacks that essential ingredient as a competitor that would allow him to dominate a field that was biting at his ankles. The guy seemed to exist in a bubble that he thought no one would ever be able to penetrate or move past while Hanyu took the no-bubble approach instead. That guy was all about going around and assimilating, making his own and using the very things people are using to chase him down to instead increase the distance. 

Fernandez being the way he is means he can train with fellow field competitors and Hanyu being the way he is can also train with fellow field competitors, albeit their stances are the complete opposite of one another.

Chan seems to need to not have serious competitors to stay on top, the big fish in a small pond type. Not because he didn't have the skill to go beyond. He did. What he lacked was what he didn't: ego towards his competitors.

Hanyu, on the other hand, is a bloodthirsty meg who also has brains that match the size of his hunger, whose ego is more one that's directed purely at his own skating.

Looking back, Chan never really stood a chance. Fernandez, with his relatively smaller and more humble ambitions, which in turn, allowed him to have a more open attitude and very small ego towards others in the field, on the other hand, did.

Remember, I'm not talking about skill here, but purely competitive drive/mentality. And because it's natural, I feel that all the things these three have achieved, in all their peaks and valleys, are what they are meant to achieve, based on the way they are, or rather, who they are. Sure, a lot has to do with how they have all been shaped by their experiences but ultimately, I feel most of what they have or don't have now are natural born. The potential capacity for each, and their corresponding limits, those have to be natural, I think.

10 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Strictly my opinion but I think the reason Fernandez is able to be that way in an environment as competitive as this is cos his competitive drive wasn't the kind that saw him absolutely wanting to be at the very top and the very best. He has a goal and enough drive to reach it but his goal was one where he could realistically achieve with his drive. Sometimes, he shoots past it and it's great when he does but his aim remains consistently at a lower altitude because it is more realistic for him and in keeping to it, he may sometimes outdo himself or underperform but if he keeps at it long enough, he'll somehow reach it, since he's been consistently in the vicinity of it for a few years now.

Chan and Hanyu share this desire to dominate but where Hanyu has more than enough fire, hunger and ironically humility in him to see him get to where he wants, Chan lacks that essential ingredient as a competitor that would allow him to dominate a field that is biting at his ankles. The guy seemed to exist in a bubble that he thought no one would ever be able to penetrate or move past while Hanyu take a the no-bubble approach instead. That guy was all about going around and assimilating, using the very things people are using to chase him down to instead increase the distance. 

Fernandez being the way he is means he can train with fellow field competitors and Hanyu being the way he is can also train with fellow field competitors, albeit their stances are the complete opposite of one another.

Chan seems to need to not have serious competitors to stay on top, the big fish in a small pond type. Not because he didn't have the skill to go beyond. He did. What he lacked was what he didn't: ego towards his competitors.

Hanyu, on the other hand, is a bloodthirsty meg who also has brains that match that size of his hunger, whose ego is more one that's directed purely at skating.

Looking back, Chan never really stood a chance. Fernandez, with his relatively smaller and more humble ambitions, which in turn, allowed him to have a more open attitude and very small ego towards others in the field, on the other hand, did.

Remember, I'm not talking about skill here, but purely competitive drive/mentality.

About Javi, rather than saying he had not as high goals, I'd say he didn't really have goals. Both he himself and Brian have said he never thought he could be world champion. He did love winning and I guess, the more he learned from Brian and the better the results came, he probably did think the next step might not be unachievable - first GP podium maybe made the a win not look so impossible, first GP win maybe made more wins seem very possible, maybe even a GPF win and so on. But I wouldn't call those goals. Javi seems to have been more of a 'go along with it, do your best, and see what comes out of it.' That, combined with his generally laid-back attitude makes me wonder if he would have achieved the same success without Yuzu around. Because both coaches and Javi himself have said that seeing Yuzu work hard made him want to work hard, too. It could also be stuff like knowing he had days when he did better than Yuzu made him think he can beat him. Or having Yuzu come up to Toronto to learn from him, but finishing in front of him in their first competition together, might have also fired him up a bit. And so on. But overall, I do think it was that laid-back attitude that helped him - and their friendship - the most.

I don't know enough about Patrick to say for sure, but my impression is that what he lacked the most was two feet firmly planted on the ground. One of Yuzu's greatest qualities, IMO, is how grounded he is. Very self-aware, but also very aware of those around him, and definitely not letting praise go to his head. He knows how good he is, he knows how good the others are, but he also know his own weaknesses as well as the others'. Patrick seems like one of those people who ended up believing his own hype and nobody bothered to make him face reality until it was too late. It happens all too often to successful people, in all domains.

To me, Yuzu and Javi are an amazing combination precisely because of how they matched each other. If both had been more like Yuzu or more like Javi, I'm not sure their results would have been as great. The only impossible thing I wish had been possible was that they were closer in age, so Javi could have joined the quad fun, too, and not retire just yet. We're about to get Yuzu skating for himself and skating for fun. Imagine if we got Javi doing the same, too. They'd probably not only give us great 'TCC skating lessons' in practice, like in that Oly practice, but they'd probably also both do really great and possibly blow away the quad kids, because with the pressure off, they'd probably perform even better than before. Unfortunately, we'll only get Yuzu's side of that, but that should be awesome enough already!