General Yuzuru Chat

I wouldn't be surprised if the main reason he doesn't talk much about ladies is to avoid fueling speculation about his personal life, not because he doesn't pay close attention to the discipline. Figure skating is essentially his career--he has more reason than any of us, not less, to keep up with with other levels of competition and other disciplines.

4 minutes ago, shanshani said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the main reason he doesn't talk much about ladies is to avoid fueling speculation about his personal life, not because he doesn't pay close attention to the discipline. Figure skating is essentially his career--he has more reason than any of us, not less, to keep up with with other levels of competition and other disciplines.

But simply talking about how "I admire ladies skater X, Y, Z" would not fuel speculations. He would simply be stating he admires their skills in the sport, not their appearance or anything else. But I do understand that Japanese Media is more... rumor centered.. Or so it seems, to be extra cautious. 

IMHO, Japanese media prolly ask him about his favorite female skater back then because there is Mao? A word of praise to fellow Japanese athlete won't hurt. (I remembered there were some criticism back in his early senior days because he said his favorite skaters are Plush and Johnny and not some local skaters)

Thus, they might be not asking him right now since Japan does not have dominating female skater right now, or he asked them to not asking about it (It is common for interviewer to give rundown questions before the actual interview), or the interviewer might want to keep the discussion for men's skating.

5 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

I feel like Jack's most used phrase on Twitter is "interesting and worth watching" :xD: 

Yuzu interview? Interesting and worth watching. Yuzu documentary type thing? Interesting and worth watching. Yuzu choreography session? Interesting and worth watching. Anything Yuzu? Interesting and worth watching! 

8 hours ago, holina said:

Suddenly I had this thought that he will reveal his 4A at COR.....landing his dream jump while skating to his idol’s iconic program/music in front of his idol’s home crowd....the roof will be totally blown off!  

It’s all in his calculations 

tumblr_p8c0fdywUJ1x88qiso2_r1_540.gif

From your head to figure skating gods' ears! Since it was the birth place of 4Lz, Yuzu may feel comfortable to produce a new jump again there :D

I don't think Yuzu would talk about his favorite lady skaters anytime soon even if he follows the discipline. Never underestimate how low some JPN tabloid stoop... I saw a news article on yahoo last month, accompanied by a fuzzy photo of Yuzu at TCC's gate that seems like it was taken by paparazzi, titled something like "Hanyu training for new season; he's not living in the same mansion with Medvedeva!" Like, what, why write that?? They don't hesitate a second to invent things and invade his private life. So I think he won't give them any thing to build on. It's sad, but a wise thing to do I guess. (It's not to say that he hasn't complimented female skaters, but as far as I remember he always focuses on very specific things like wakaba's jump, evgenia's consistency etc.)

Its not like top skaters talk about skaters in other discipline that much. Do you see Javi, Shoma, Nathan talk about ladies skaters ? Barely. The whole "who's your fave skater" and "I like XYZ" is mostly for junior or early senior. And in Yuzuru case, he might not even have enough time to anwser all the questions about him, let alone talk about others. 

Again, I don't care what's he watching and he doesn't need to share and talk about it. 

11 hours ago, micaelis said:

In many respects Yuzu has the body design that would do well if he were in the Tour de France, with one caveat - bicycle racing is not the sport an asthmatic should take up.  Trying to climb a road in that high-mountain air is not to be recommended.  Otherwise, though, Yuzu, like most world-class cyclists is short and slender and ideal physique-wise.

He'd also have to learn how to ride a bike first :LOL:

Found this blog about Christopher Robin movie--which I have been wanting to watch but have not found time yet--and reading this gave me some understanding on Yuzu and Pooh. Some excerpt:

"Pooh’s simple way of thinking becomes my most favorite of the film because his words get me thinking the hardest.

For instance, he says, “They say, impossible is nothing. But I do nothing every day.” Or “Sometimes doing nothing can lead you to a great something”."

Am not certain how much Yuzu aware about this since he already has his Pooh for a long time, but I am rather touched reading it.

https://enywulandari.com/2018/09/03/like-christopher-robin-i-too-need-to-take-a-vacation/

1 hour ago, PomeloPooh said:

From your head to figure skating gods' ears! Since it was the birth place of 4Lz, Yuzu may feel comfortable to produce a new jump again there :D

I don't think Yuzu would talk about his favorite lady skaters anytime soon even if he follows the discipline. Never underestimate how low some JPN tabloid stoop... I saw a news article on yahoo last month, accompanied by a fuzzy photo of Yuzu at TCC's gate that seems like it was taken by paparazzi, titled something like "Hanyu training for new season; he's not living in the same mansion with Medvedeva!" Like, what, why write that?? They don't hesitate a second to invent things and invade his private life. So I think he won't give them any thing to build on. It's sad, but a wise thing to do I guess. (It's not to say that he hasn't complimented female skaters, but as far as I remember he always focuses on very specific things like wakaba's jump, evgenia's consistency etc.)

That's sad.

I think if a female skater got a compliment from Yuzu himself, it would encourage and motivate them. Being praised by the GOAT himself is very special.

I just wanted to know what sort of ladies skater style he prefers.

What does he find important in singles skating in general? More of the artistic skaters, or athletic skaters etc. 

Which female skater is he inspired by, and what type of music choices or choreography does he like?

I wanted to know these things, because it is always interesting how female skaters take inspiration from yuzu, like his jumps or his programs. 

So far, Alena Zagitova, Gabby, Zhenya, and so many other female skaters spoke openly how they like Yuzu's jumps, total package etc etc in press conferences.

So sad that Japanese Media hinder that sort of skater praise cycle.