General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I find it funny that they compared a 13 year old boy body to a 23 year old man body. What was the point? :joy:

They're just drawing a word picture of how Gogolev looked next to Hanyu. It's not meant to be a comparison in the way you're thinking, it's meant to be a substitute for a photograph so that everyone reading the article gets the image in their mind. What they're saying is that Gogolev is still small. 

I really like that this article is showing how Brian is building strength upon strength here. Everytime I think about what he's done at TCC, I sit back and marvel. I've been an athlete, and I've been a coach, and I have a reasonably good idea of just how freaking hard it is to build a program like Brian's done, and I honestly can't stop admiring the whole thing. Of course it couldn't have happened without the athletes as well, but Brian had to start it all and drive it forward, and just, can I say, wow. Just wow. :knc_brian2::knc_yuzu1:

1 hour ago, yuzuonice said:

I'm more side-eyeing the "willowy" part (didn't Hersh use that same adjective in the past... Feels like such a backhand comment ugh.) 

Seems to me someone has been hitting the thesaurus for a synonym for slender (which they're already using) and has read a few too many romance novels (where it pops up a LOT). Very bad hyperbole, but then...

Hmmm- I hope for SGs sake this isn’t the start of an American style build up that he may or may not be able to live up to.  He’s only 13 and needs to be left to get on with laying down some important foundations.

25 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Hmmm- I hope for SGs sake this isn’t the start of an American style build up that he may or may not be able to live up to.  He’s only 13 and needs to be left to get on with laying down some important foundations.

With Canada having less depth in men's figure skating it is understandable that they are getting hyped with Gogolev. It will not be as bad as the American though. I think Canada is still cautious about their silver curse status.

2 minutes ago, vanadiezz said:

With Canada having less depth in men's figure skating it is understandable that they are getting hyped with Gogolev. It will not be as bad as the American though. I think Canada is still cautious about their silver curse status.

🤞🏻for the poor kid.

I hope SG wont be hyped too much. Yes, they are talking about him but Brian made it very clear in the article that he has yet to grow and things change when that happens..... the thing is that in almost every discipline our stars have retired and we are looking for future stars and they haven't really shown who they are yet, apart from SG. I hope others hurry up and start showing results so that he can stay out of the limelight.  Pressure can be crippling...

Yuzu is willowy. That is fine with me, no negative connotations with that description.... I think mentally he is an oak, however, lol. 

I dreamt Yuzu was doing a piazzola tango as a program..... basically 3 weeks until ACI..... countdown is on.....

2 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I had a dream a few nights ago where he was trying to do a Javier style ‘character’ piece and woke up in a cold sweat 😓 

Now you're going to give me nightmares. The more we wait, the more horrible scenarios keep popping into my head. 

Just now, Yatagarasu said:

Talk about the bar being not low, but buried! :68468287:

He could do La La Land? He he he my fellow JGP friends will love that suggestion, I am positive. 

Actually, unlike most skaters, he’d pull that off. He’s got that ease of skating which is necessary for the music. 

But I sincerely hope not. 

4 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Talk about the bar being not low, but buried! :68468287:

He could do La La Land? He he he my fellow JGP friends will love that suggestion, I am positive. 

actually I think he could pull it off . . . but nope let all those LLL to the JGP thanks :war: