General Yuzuru Chat

49 minutes ago, Erin said:

Links are in the tweet thread. 

The Chinese lady is an unabashed fanyu, isn't she?  Not that I disagree at all, but most commentators don't wax quite so lyrical about a face "as lovely as jade" "grace of a swimming dragon" etc... and of course the pretty well now iconic "fate whispered to the warrior" quote.

Love it.

51 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Even so, this is out there.

This is such a ball of goodness because:

1. Showcases the Mobile Face of Mr Hanyu

2. Javi looks kinda cute under that feathered headdress 

3. It’s helping to fund cancer research.

:tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:Ive had a hard week. It was nice to see such a whimsical thing. 

Okay, so today is 七夕 in China, aka also known as the lunar calender Valentine's day. The idea is kind of based on the story of the cowherd and the weaver girl (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cowherd_and_the_Weaver_Girl).

Considering how much we all love Yuzu, I thought we might as well leave a wish for him. And hey Tanabata is based on this.

So....

Spoiler

I hope that Yuzu's ankle recovers well, that he is healthy this season and all the following years. That whatever he wishes for this season, he achieves.

That no matter what happens, the universe/fate will always find a way to ensure he is able to smile happily.

Unfortunately, we don't really do anything quite like Tanabata festivals , and it's turned into a commercial holiday in China.

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

Okay, so today is 七夕 in China, aka also known as the lunar calender Valentine's day. The idea is kind of based on the story of the cowherd and the weaver girl (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cowherd_and_the_Weaver_Girl).

Considering how much we all love Yuzu, I thought we might as well leave a wish for him. And hey Tanabata is based on this.

So....

Hide contents

I hope that Yuzu's ankle recovers well, that he is healthy this season and all the following years. That whatever he wishes for this season, he achieves.

That no matter what happens, the universe/fate will always find a way to ensure he is able to smile happily.

Unfortunately, we don't really do anything quite like Tanabata festivals in Japan, and it's turned into a commercial holiday in China.

Oh that's really nice! That's a very nice wish, too. I hope so for him as well.

5 時間前, Malekoさんが言いました:

LMAO this is hilarious :embSwan::rofl3:

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_pdkntsctS41tihy9fo1_540.gif

tumblr_pdkntsctS41tihy9fo3_540.gif

tumblr_pdkntsctS41tihy9fo2_540.gif

tumblr_pdkntsctS41tihy9fo4_540.gif SOURCE

I know, I know, it's probably weird to say this given the bird suit he's sporting but dayuuuum if the guy ain't a looker. Even by Mediterranean European standards (the ethnicity famed for their deepset features and bedroom eyes), he's a 10. Like, the only thing he doesn't have going for him physically for his ethnicity I can think of that a person can tell at first glance is height. I can't think of anything else. If those are the features Hanyu had to look at in close proximity all these years, it's pretty understandable why he developed the wish-I've-got-what-he's-got syndrome. xP

2 時間前, kaerythさんが言いました:

:68271262:

Haha. I think it would be a benevolent deed on Hanyu's part if he does pay the town a visit on a whim. The town, like most of the rest of Saitama, doesn't have much going on for it and could probably use the excitement. When I drove through it to get to Tochigi last year, and again to get back to Tokyo, all the impression I got of it was that it was a dinky little factory town with an impressive number of tiny gas stands. >_<

1 時間前, meoimaさんが言いました:

Hello, I am asking if anyone know the video of this scene: 

Thanks in advance!

This one, perhaps?

5 hours ago, TallyT said:

and of course the pretty well now iconic "fate whispered to the warrior" quote.

:offtopic:

... and spoiler alert to Mission: Impossible - Fallout... maybe?

Spoiler

When this quote was used as the password/identification phrase/whatever it is that fictional spies use... 

Me at the cinema: 

SnCcn5m.gif

Yuzu has hijacked my life.

5 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I know, I know, it's probably weird to say this given the bird suit he's sporting but dayuuuum if the guy ain't a looker. Even by Mediterranean European standards (the ethnicity famed for their deepset features and bedroom eyes), he's a 10. Like, the only thing he doesn't have going for him physically for his ethnicity I can think of that a person can tell at first glance is height. I can't think of anything else. If those are the features Hanyu had to look at in close proximity all these years, it's pretty understandable why he developed the wish-I've-got-what-he's-got syndrome. xP

Actually he does have it, but his humility prevents him from knowing that.

9 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Ummmmmmmm excuse you, but I somehow doubt Yuzu has been thinking that when he's the only skater who can't take the bus to practice anymore, can't do his warmup at ACI behind the bleachers unlike all the other skaters (including Javi), and has people confessing their love for him on skyscrapers. So we're all entitled to personal opinions and all, but lots of people seem to disagree ;)

2 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Ummmmmmmm excuse you, but I somehow doubt Yuzu has been thinking that when he's the only skater who can't take the bus to practice anymore, can't do his warmup at ACI behind the bleachers unlike all the other skaters (including Javi), and has people confessing their love for him on skyscrapers. So we're all entitled to personal opinions and all, but lots of people seem to disagree ;)

Well, he did hint at wanting a more traditionally masculine face :P I doubt he loses sleep over that, tho.