General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Jinx. Now watch it be in September. 

All the alcohol is on you, if that happens, just so you know. 

(for the record, I am joking. Honestly. I still think there's a chance for next week but we won't know ahead by more than maybe a day)

:xD: September!!!! The Planet would look like a dry cacti desert! No! Impossible! 

Tbh, I believe that his MD will be at the end of August, maybe the last week, considering the facts...

5 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

September!!!! The Planet would look like a dry cacti desert! No! Impossible! 

Tbh, I believe that his MD will be at the end of August, maybe the last week, considering the facts...

Hey, you never know.

Maybe we should have placed bets on it, to pass the time. If anyone is willing, please say ACI itself so that we counter-jinx it, since so many of us already talked about next week :68468287: 

I do hope you're not right Ral as I don't think I can take that. Goodness.

According to this user, it seems like Yuzu is going to be in 24H on the 25/26th. There seems to be an ice show in Sendai, perhaps a special one-night only show similar to before?

(BTW, I saw some fans take Raya's picture with Yuzu as a sign media day is coming since that seems to be the trend last couple of years. I thought that was funny lol, but I hope it is true.)

ETA: this picture is glorious:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

1 hour ago, Yatagarasu said:

*shifty eyes*

Shh. Shhhhh. I'll share. Shhh.

@KatjaThera ahh but it was our, Western, 4th when we got the news. It was pure luck, considering how it leaked, and I don't think we can be lucky twice in a row :68468287:

get enough of it for us all, will ya? 

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

Maybe on Monday... I have a funny feeling it's gonna be on Monday!

Cmon Zu! We are waiting and waiting here! Please! haha

Monday is a civic holiday here in Ontario. In other words, it's a long weekend for us so I doubt there'll be an announcement Monday.

Regarding TCC doing a Muskoka run: I seriously do hope Yuzu decides to go with them and gets to experience cottage country. Muskoka is like nowhere else on earth, it's the best place to be in summer. I can easily envision Yuzu kicking back and enjoying the sun dockside...

37 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Monday is a civic holiday here in Ontario. In other words, it's a long weekend for us so I doubt there'll be an announcement Monday.

Regarding TCC doing a Muskoka run: I seriously do hope Yuzu decides to go with them and gets to experience cottage country. Muskoka is like nowhere else on earth, it's the best place to be in summer. I can easily envision Yuzu kicking back and enjoying the sun dockside...

I think we expect less an announcement and more a leak of information from Japanese media about when the mass exodus to Toronto will take place lol

And I'm not sure Yuzu knows how to kick back and relax lol At least not in August. But I hope he goes along, too. I actually still like to think he might have gone last year, too, and they were just careful he wouldn't show up in any pictures. He went back to Toronto when everyone was in Muskoka, so practicing was pretty much out of the question. He could have stayed in Japan another day or two, until everyone got back to Toronto, instead of hurrying back. So I like to think he hurried back and joined them for a day or two there, too. Of course, there is absolutely no proof that happened, so for now it's an alternative universe story lol

Yuzu and kicking back in the sun are two things I can’t picture :laughing: . For all his talk about liking nature I’m not sure he’s the type to actually enjoy being in the sun and outdoors for long periods of time (can you imagine him with a tan?). Although I’m the type who likes the beach and water but hates being in the sun for long periods of time so it’s possible. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Muskoka is like nowhere else on earth, it's the best place to be in summer. I can easily envision Yuzu kicking back and enjoying the sun dockside...

Kicking back? Is this Mr. Hanyu we're talking about?

Kicking ass, for sure, but I don't think relaxing is in his DNA. 

According to this tweet, Yuzuru will appear in an ice show in Sendai ( probably him skate to a ex program like the past few years) for 24h TV (25,26/8). So I think media day would be in the next 2 weeks. Unless he decide to do it in early Sept :dbana: 

3 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

Regarding PCS, I think if Nathan and Shoma can get the scores they get, then Daisuke might easily get as much as or even more than Yuzu. I've spent quite some time lately going over old competition threads on GS and seems Daisuke was considered by many to be more or less in the same category as Patrick (if not for the actual skating skills, then at least for interpretation and artistry). So it wouldn't be surprising if he took Patrick's spot as having high PCS, with lower TES.

hmmm i dont know,,,,,if Dai were American then yeah I'd say his cap would be maybe 94 PCS but his skating skills have never really impressed me the way Patrick's, Yuzu's, Jason's, Stephane's, even Deniss's have. He's always been a little slow on the ice as well but he does make up for it with his musicality, performance, and interpretation. But we've witnessed time and time again how judges dont really know how to score those categories so they look towards skating skills as their north star. I think Dai will be lucky to get above 91 PCS so I dont think Yuzu's gonna be outclassed that easily by a guy coming back after four long years. Just look at what taking a one year break did to Pat's PCS