4 hours ago, Maleko said:

tumblr_pcedieqTw11x88qiso1_400.giftumblr_pcedieqTw11x88qiso2_r1_400.gif

tumblr_pcedieqTw11x88qiso3_r1_400.giftumblr_pcedieqTw11x88qiso4_r1_400.gif

tumblr_pcedieqTw11x88qiso5_r2_400.giftumblr_pcedieqTw11x88qiso6_r1_400.gif

SOURCE

DORK! 

But also #relatable :laughing:

On 7/27/2018 at 5:27 AM, monchan said:

Do you think someone can break Yuzu's current WR before himself w new scoring rule? What's possible cases?

(example: Yuzu bombs his ACI, and someone benefits from raised GOE in their first CS, some 100+ (old scoring)->110+ (new scoring), is it possible?).

I'm not sure how much score will rise w new GOE and other rules applied.

Yesterday I would have said this:

it will be hard for someone else to break the FS WR  (that was probably the most vulnerable till the rule change that cut 1 jump and BV) because the simulations (in General skating chat) show FS scores will probably be lower on average, plus being completely clean on FS is usually harder (and now mistakes will be more costly). So if there will be a new WR, it would likely be in SP. That said, other skaters would need much higher GOE than what they got till now, because they need more than their 'old' PB... not impossible of course (Nathan is usually better at SP too), but still quite hard. And I don't think judges will be gifting WRs left and right in post-olympic season and with rule change.

What I say today:

With the GOE judges are giving in minor local competitions (and to junior skaters too, like in Korean test skates for JGP), well,  it looks like judges are stile eager for inflation, so who the heck knows :dpooh:

27 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

What I say today:

With the GOE judges are giving in minor local competitions (and to junior skaters too, like in Korean test skates for JGP), well,  it looks like judges are stile eager for inflation, so who the heck knows :dpooh:

Oh so you mean simply changing the rules didn't solve the problem of judges using GOE and PCS like candy? What a huge surprise!!! *sarcasm* I mean the problem was so clearly in the rules not in the judging right?!?!?! *s.a.r.c.a.s.m* 

:notamused:

2 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Oh so you mean simply changing the rules didn't solve the problem of judges using GOE and PCS like candy? What a huge surprise!!! *sarcasm* I mean the problem was so clearly in the rules not in the judging right?!?!?! *s.a.r.c.a.s.m* 

:notamused:

I wanted to believe they would use some self-restrain now...just a little bit :59227c768286a__s:

On 7/27/2018 at 5:39 AM, SparkleSalad said:

I just had a heart attack after seeing this on Twitter and ran over to check before I read it. Trolled. :facepalm:

Lol, I saw that. My favorie parts:

Hanyu promised that the free program will be a crowd pleaser - he will start the program wearing all three costumes from Chopin, Parisienne Walkways, and Let’s Go Crazy and strip off the costumes one by one during his skate. 

I’ve recycled my shorts and I’ve recycled my frees, but I’ve never recycled my shorts as a free.

"A dove is just a white pigeon. I wanted to show that there is beauty in the mundane, that every pigeon, if bleached humanely, could turn into a dove.” Hanyu recorded the coo of the pigeons in his own voice because, as he observed, “The pigeons in Toronto don’t really sound like pigeons.”

22 hours ago, holina said:

Someone needs to translate that faux news (fake news?) article to Japanese and send it to Yuzu, it will make him laugh so hard!

Or would it give him ideas....

He would totally do the pigeons program.

5 hours ago, LadyLou said:

DORK! 

But also #relatable :laughing:

Yesterday I would have said this:

it will be hard for someone else to break the FS WR  (that was probably the most vulnerable till the rule change that cut 1 jump and BV) because the simulations (in General skating chat) show FS scores will probably be lower on average, plus being completely clean on FS is usually harder (and now mistakes will be more costly). So if there will be a new WR, it would likely be in SP. That said, other skaters would need much higher GOE than what they got till now, because they need more than their 'old' PB... not impossible of course (Nathan is usually better at SP too), but still quite hard. And I don't think judges will be gifting WRs left and right in post-olympic season and with rule change.

What I say today:

Totally agree! before the rule changed, the judges already inflated the score in WC2018...I mean look at Mr. Chen's programs and his overmarked score...seriously?! I am not criticizing but compare his execution and program quality with Yuzu's, I don't think there is only 4-point gap between them.