General Yuzuru Chat

58 minutes ago, wingman said:

What's the horizontal axis for? And I wonder what the size of the circles mean? 

According to google translate, it's "exposure" as measured in terms of TV showtimes. So basically they're measuring social media attention and the TV exposure of different talents, some get popular on social media before getting TV exposure, and some vice versa. 

Idk about the size tho. Could be the earnings from the translations. 

Completely  :offtopic: but I'm watching Swan Lake On Ice in Sydney at the moment (intermission now) - it's amazing even though the rink is tiny! Probably as close to a proper ice show as Australia will ever get 😂 (one day I will save enough for Japan!) Had to share my excitement - if not for my admiration for Yuzu I'd never have started watching figure skating and would've missed this amazing production :img_21:

7 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I just had a heart attack after seeing this on Twitter and ran over to check before I read it. Trolled. :facepalm:

Whoever made this faux news is very clever. I couldn't help but lol about Yuzu recording the pigeon cooing with his own voice.  :68468287: Yuzu had made that bird like shrill cry when he's bombed his jump at a show practice so it's believable! Yuzu and birds are synonyms as his family name with 羽 in it. Swan, crane, Nipponia nippon, robin, pigeon...what other birds can be used for describing Yuzu I wonder...I think Yuzu doing LGC could be described as a peacock as he's displaying his presence very proudly and not ashamed one bit! 

Waiting on his program announcement while other skaters revealing theirs one by one kind of building the drama to the climax. When finally the day comes, I am sure, we will go absolutely crazy and I just cannot wait for it!!

This Iron Klaus's post shows a wonderful hashtag that jpn fanyu had created. This time it is called #いかに羽生くんを笑顔にする報告ができるか選手権. It could be translated like 'The competition of how to come up with a (personal) news that make Hanyu-kun smile'. 

As I was reading each posts, I just felt this massive and genuine love of everyone who cares about Yuzu trying to tell him that we all love him dearly and only thing that we all want is for him to be happy. If Yuzu does read these posts, they will surely make him smile or laugh out loud. But for some reason, it made me cry. 'Wrap him up in cotton wool', the british commentator uncles once said it and they're right. Sometimes when I look at Yuzu, the feeling that comes over me is like that. I know he's a grown man now but still cannot help but feeling maternal and protective...:13877886:

Yuzuru my dear, whatever you decide for your program (or music or costume or elements , etc), we're gonna have a ball this season. I know you will blow us all to pieces and that is what we all want:dancingpooh:

9 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I just had a heart attack after seeing this on Twitter and ran over to check before I read it. Trolled. :facepalm:

Just a clarification in case anyone turns up and is disappointed. It's not a Hanyu photo exhibition but will feature a (or possibly some?) photo(s) of him. It's called something like "The power of athletes who want to spread their wings throughout the world - sports journalism photographic exhibition."

This faux news is just so hilarious! I can't stop laughing, the announcement from the two-Olym-champion-badass was covered by some fliers, who did that and HOW DARE YOU! what the heck is Chopin let's go gravy on Parisienne walkway? the Victory Show of "all my shine custom with the end of purple sin"?  Hahahhahahaha!

42 minutes ago, holina said:

Someone needs to translate that faux news (fake news?) article to Japanese and send it to Yuzu, it will make him laugh so hard!

Or would it give him ideas....

:idk:

Not sure we want him getting those particular Ideas....

:ohno:

I am horribly busy and much too hot to be running around the way I am but I’m looking forward to a quieter spell the next few weeks and hopefully some news.  Can’t wait to see what he’s chosen.

Among men w 2 Olympic titles, Yuzu's the only one that keeps competing for next season... (and we haven't mentioned Gillis Grafstrom yet, who got 3 Olympic titles + 1 silver at age of 38 or so lol, Yuzu should travel back to 1930 w time machine and ask him some tips I think :9:)

Lmaooo this is insane, he's going to an unprecedented area no one has ever been be4. I'm kinda scared, also feel it's kinda dumb to try to predict his future with basically no study case in history :notamused:

Conclusion: you don't own Mr. Hanyu :winky:

2 hours ago, monchan said:

Among men that got 2 Olympic titles, Yuzu's the only one that keeps competing for next season... (and we haven't mentioned yet Gillis Grafstrom w 3 Olympic titles + 1 silver at age of 38 or so lol, Yuzu should travel back to 1930 w time machine to ask him some tips I think :9:)

Lmaooo this is insane, he's going to an unprecedented area no one has ever been be4. I'm kinda scared, also feel it's kinda dumb when trying to predict his future with basically no study case in history :notamused:

Conclusion: you don't own Mr. Hanyu :winky:

Even he can't predict what'll happen, so we just have to take the journey with him and see where it goes...

Take us to 4A land, sweet Yuzu, take us there with you. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Even he can't predict what'll happen, so we just have to take the journey with him and see where it goes...

This made me think of this song,

but Hanyu-fied:

氷上の向こう、4Aの町へ

ねえ、連れて行って

金メダルの夢かなえて。。。

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

He can't predict but he always calculated it. Never underestimate his plan to win the shiny gold he dreamed of:muahaha: