General Yuzuru Chat

15 hours ago, Msyloves said:

Wow, no wonder some fans were very pressed. Ugh, no wonder Yuzu is such an amazing and magnanimous person, he's a sword practically tempered by fire. Success is the best revenge

:LOL::winky:

Yes, Yuzu is perhaps the living embodiment of the spirit of Japan. Perhaps not of just japan, but just east asian ethics, conduct and principles. 

Humbleness, determination, steadfast perseverance against adversity without a nary of a cry or whimper.

Does anyone know how katana steel is forged? Check out youtube videos if you can. 

But in short, katana making starts with the tempering of the steel alloy. Traditionally, rare and hard to come by, and not always of the best quality. A long process is made whereby impurities are hammered out in a gradual process, so that the most durable, tough yet still supple steel is finally made. 

In some ways, Yuzu is a bit like that, talented, but not always having the greatest advantage- he has asthma, then 3.11 happened, managed to come of age in the toughest field in Japanese men's skating. But all of that he endured, triumphed, and so he is perhaps, the purest embodiment of figure skating as an art and sport. 

(also I'm late in congratulating Yuzu, so羽生結弦選手おめでとうございます!)

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Yes, Yuzu is perhaps the living embodiment of the spirit of Japan. Perhaps not of just japan, but just east asian ethics, conduct and principles. 

Humbleness, determination, steadfast perseverance against adversity without a nary of a cry or whimper.

Does anyone know how katana steel is forged? Check out youtube videos if you can. 

But in short, katana making starts with the tempering of the steel alloy. Traditionally, rare and hard to come by, and not always of the best quality. A long process is made whereby impurities are hammered out in a gradual process, so that the most durable, tough yet still supple steel is finally made. 

In some ways, Yuzu is a bit like that, talented, but not always having the greatest advantage- he has asthma, then 3.11 happened, managed to come of age in the toughest field in Japanese men's skating. But all of that he endured, triumphed, and so he is perhaps, the purest embodiment of figure skating as an art and sport. 

(also I'm late in congratulating Yuzu, so羽生結弦選手、おめでとうございます!)

I was thinking of samurai sword when I wrote that, I really feel Yuzu is like that because of all the things you have mentioned. And all that training he did so he could be the best. Even Plushenko mentioned how hard he trains and I bet he doesn't even see Yuzu training in TCC, just how Yuzu practices all the time when they have ice shows.

And yeah, I don't think I would have been interested in figure skating if not for Yuzu. I never enjoyed going to the skating rink - with friends or with cousins, too cold for me. But I was very moved when I watched Hope & Legacy Worlds (my 2nd Yuzu video) and ended up crying (and confused because I didn't understand my feelings).

Q: What kind of life do you want to live as a recipient of this award?

A: I was performing in ice shows until yesterday. There were so many blessings received when the People’s Honor Award was decided during that time. It wasn’t just from Japanese people, but I also heard congratulations from skaters from overseas who were doing the ice shows.

That was really impressive to me. So I want to have pride as a Japanese person, and like to skate not only in Japan, but look overseas as well.

This award is amazing from the perspective of someone from overseas. So, having received this, I am hoping that I carry the name of the award and it will be a key to open the door for various activities.

4 hours ago, MrPudding said:

This topic was just brought up because the lady that sat next to yuzu is the current JSF president. Apparantly she did ‘that’ to yuzu and I’m currently looking for more info about this

:yznotimpressed:

4 hours ago, MrPudding said:

This topic was just brought up because the lady that sat next to yuzu is the current JSF president. Apparantly she did ‘that’ to yuzu and I’m currently looking for more info about this

Oh wow. 

I always have a strange feeling that lady who sat beside yuzu not looked that happy with him. So... I wasn't wrong..? 

Since she was there with him, I'm curious is it because yuzu still a competitive skater so she has to accompany him to receive that award? 

So I don't know how many of you guys in here are in the US and have cable, but NBC offers the Olympics in 4K On Demand (though you need a 4k tv and 4k cable box) and it turns out that for the 4k broadcast they have completely different commentary AND different camera angles! A lot of times you feel like you were on the ice (if you have a really big tv, lol)! Charlie White was commentating and he is just so wonderful! I wish we could have him all the time. It's so clear how much he admires and respects Yuzu. He wouldn't shut up about him throughout the broadcast 0:)0:)0:).  And they posed the GOAT question and Charlie said "it's an easy argument to make because he's proven himself time and time again and this, when it matters most, he was able to do exactly what he needed to do when he needed to do it".   I'm trying to figure out how I can capture this before the On-Demand expires (I imagine the file will be massive), but if I can I hope to post!