General Yuzuru Chat

23 minutes ago, Terrapin said:

I don’t really have the time to closely follow what Yuzu is doing at the moment so can someone tell me where is this costume/programme coming from ? It looks stunning :) 

It's the new ex costume for FaOi in Kobe today, so far this is the only picture we've got. And since we haven't seen the whole thing yet, um, those dots and those frills give me some bad memories :slinkaway: Let's hope it doesn't turn out like what I have in my head, maybe it's something stunning beyond expectations :))

4 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

It's the new ex costume for FaOi in Kobe today, so far this is the only picture we've got. And since we haven't seen the whole thing yet, um, those dots and those frills give me some bad memories :slinkaway: Let's hope it doesn't turn out like what I have in my head, maybe it's something stunning beyond expectations :))

The fanarts of the costume doesn’t look too bad. I already loving the colors and transparent look of it :201111231756430f6:

Man, I saw that there are 55 pages and counting in the FaOI Kobe show thread, so I thought there must be tons and tons of new photos... 

I like the look on his face in that picture - absolute concentration and determination!

As for the costume I actually think it's ok. Same category as NS, R+J2.0 etc. The colours are infinitely better than Dory, imho.

12 時間前, Kizunaさんが言いました:

So... today, I discovered that the kanji for Joe in Joe Hisaishi's name (譲) can also be read as Yuzuru (though with different hiragana spelling). :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: Yeah, just a tiny, not really important piece of trivia, but I was kinda excited when I found that out. :biggrin: Maybe that's another reason Yuzu saw a connection to Hisaishi and wanted to skate to his music :)

Actually, 譲 (also read as jo, joh, or joe) is the kanji usually used for the name Yuzuru, although the hiragana for it is ゆずる not ゆづる。

譲る (yuzuru) as the verb means concede (or, implying modesty, humble, etc.), so it is written as ゆずる, following the basic sound.  There are also 謙, 禅. or some more of the same kind.

While, 結弦 is consisting of 結 - ゆ yu (connect) and 弦 - つる tsuru (string) , so that its hiragana is ゆづる.  弓弦 (bow and string) is also written as ゆづる.

弓弦 is the combination of kanji for yuzuru known from before, but 結弦 is very unique, so people found it difficult to read it before.  Actually, it was a question in a quiz show around 2012, and the guest on the panel could not read.  But, I'm sure everyone knows how to read it now :2thumbsup:

34 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

You are not alone. I'm here with you :13877886: Everyone hyped it up. But the photo really gave me a bad feeling. 

53 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

Here's the music. It's so dreamy :tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5:I think I can't hate this too much, the costume kinda looks like a mermaid, I hope they don't screw up somehow.

Oh my that music is so beautiful :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: Can't wait to see Yuzu skate to this one

3 hours ago, the50person said:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av4920469

I tried finding a version sung by the male singer but couldn't locate it anywhere :( even the amazon preview cut it off at the lengthy intro. :judgmental:

So I managed to find a Seimei MAD with it. Beautiful.

Thank you for sharing! It really is beautiful. 晴明 can also be read Haru Akira, so I understand the idea of using the song for a tribute to Seimei.

A little bit off-topic but Onmyoji, the novel these movies are based on, has many episodes regarding Spring and cherry blossoms and they are all very beautiful. I sometimes wonder if Yuzu has read such episodes.

13 時間前, VyVy99さんが言いました:

Here's the music. It's so dreamy :tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5:I think I can't hate this too much, the costume kinda looks like a mermaid, I hope they don't screw up somehow.

I have seen a very good Yuzuru MAD video with this music, but I cannot find it on YouTube now :59227c768286a__s:

I translated the lyrics as I was so moved at that time feeling it was like implying the relationship of Yuzuru and Nanami sensei. 

"Caught in shower lit with soft light

Winter Daphne, bringing back memories of you

Buds with flowing tears

Start delivering a scent one by one

It will come across the sky

It will come over to you someday

Spring, I’m still waiting it to come all the way.  When I close my eyes,

I’ll feel you near, who gave me love, your voice with old memories

My heart has been left at you

Still longing for reply

Even so many years later,

Waiting for ever, and ever

Beyond the tomorrow

It will reach there someday for sure

Spring, I’m longing for it yet to see.  When I stop walking, being lost,

Gentle gaze of you who gave me dreams will embrace my shoulders

Dreams, shallow dreams, here still I am

Thinking about you, I’m just walking alone

Like flowing rain, like flowing flowers

Spring, I’m still waiting it to come all the way.  When I close my eyes,

I’ll feel you near who gave me love, your voice with old memories

Spring, I’m longing for it yet to see.  When I stop walking, being lost,

Gentle gaze of you who gave me dreams will embrace my shoulders"

Again, I'm sure I can never be a poet :68811363:

EDIT:  The original lyrics are written in slightly classic Japanese, so it has a sort of gentle and grace nuance.

1 hour ago, wpisces said:

You are not alone. I'm here with you :13877886: Everyone hyped it up. But the photo really gave me a bad feeling. 

c'mon, it can't be that bad!:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

as a first pic, this looks already better than Dory, I'd say! Tho, of course, it's still a Yuzu costume:biggrin:

thank you @SuzyQ for translating the lyrics and your post on kanji in Yuzuru's name. I can't understand Japanese at all but those details are so fascinating :10636614: of course even his name had to be unique:tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw: