General Yuzuru Chat

14 hours ago, Toni said:

I lived in Berlin, Germany before the wall came down. That was the single coldest spot on the planet during the Cold War, let me tell you. 

It is a magical thing to witness, isn't it? Although, the Chinese public loves Yuzu too, in huge part because of his personal relationship with Boyang. All the videos of the two of them having fun with each other, hugging, and laughing together go viral instantaneously throughout China. There's also this wonderful article about Yuzu -- I think it was in Chinese Elle Magazine -- in which they used a common Chinese expression as the title, something like:  I started with the face, I discovered the talent, but I stayed for the character.  I'm probably butchering that. Anyway, big popular Chinese magazine said that Yuzu had an extremely admirable character. Maybe he could become the Japanese Ambassador to China. Sports to the rescue!

I remember watching the news coverage of the night the Berlin Wall came down, and thinking it couldn't be real, it was so unbelievable. Then getting up and checking the news again the next morning and realizing it really was true. It was an exhilarating feeling - as if the future was suddenly boundless and incredibly bright. And I was never especially affected by the Wall or the Cold War...just an ordinary teenager growing up under the global threat of nuclear war, but in a country where it wasn't a daily personal reality. What a time to be alive. It was like there was nothing the world couldn't do.

[Admin edit: politics]

as for Yuzu, his uni studies seem to be science-y related (honestly, the name of his major translates so awkwardly into English I can't figure out what he's studying) , so pegging him for anything other than the informal ambassadorship of cameraderie seems a bit unrealistic. But I do like how he interacts with other skaters. He and Boyang will hopefully have a good time with this now.

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

I think not using Yuzu's pictures may have something to do with the complicated and strict copyright laws in Japan. So rather than try to find a way to make it work, they just went the art way. In a way it also fits the theme of the article, though, with the focus on fans and his star status.

It's copyright in japan like johny's idol where their picture tend to be art instead of their personal photos. It's mean everything about yuzuru now it's asset and commercial.

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

I think not using Yuzu's pictures may have something to do with the complicated and strict copyright laws in Japan. So rather than try to find a way to make it work, they just went the art way. In a way it also fits the theme of the article, though, with the focus on fans and his star status.

Meanwhile, People Magazine had that very photo of him that's in your avatar right now :laughing:!

I don't recall every time Yuzu praised a fellow skater, but I do remember that he said that he particularly admired Jason's artistry, Boyang's jumps and Zhenia's mindset.

So... is it really Brian collecting top skaters, or Yuzu chosing his dream teammates ? The ones that, once combined, could make the perfect skater in his views ?

12 minutes ago, Altie said:

I don't recall every time Yuzu praised a fellow skater, but I do remember that he said that he particularly admired Jason's artistry, Boyang's jumps and Zhenia's mindset.

So... is it really Brian collecting top skaters, or Yuzu chosing his dream teammates ? The ones that, once combined, could make the perfect skater in his views ?

How much anime do you think he watched when he couldn't train? 

32 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

How much anime do you think he watched when he couldn't train? 

Are you thinking that Hanyu was watching a lot of Transformers or something - and latched onto the idea of a 'combiner' Transformer - let's combine all of these different people's different strengths and create a super skater!

:smiley-laughing021: 

6 minutes ago, Cerunias said:

Are you thinking that Hanyu was watching a lot of Transformers or something - and latched onto the idea of a 'combiner' Transformer - let's combine all of these different people's different strengths and create a super skater!

It reminded me of Space Jam aliens

18 minutes ago, Cerunias said:

:biggrin: Something like that, but there are lots of robot animes where that happens, too. Let's not forget the Gundam Dory, either.

But no, it's a joke, I'm pretty sure he watched zero anime then. He denied himself video games and headphones during that time to focus on only recovery and image training and preparation, I doubt he made an exception for anime. 

11 minutes ago, Bilge said:

It reminded me of Space Jam aliens

Or Captain Planet, he's a hero... :P 

ETA Great now I can't get it out of my head. Captain Planet, he's a hero, gonna take pollution down to zero... AAARRRGHHH

I'm mostly really happy about what's happening, but a part of me is a tiny bit nervous as well. I feel horrible for feeling and thinking this way, and my logical mind knows better and knows Brian would never endanger Yuzu's training, but with three more seriously contending skaters under one roof I can't help but think about the potential reduction in individual attention. :unsure2:

59 minutes ago, Altie said:

And we all thought it was just BOrser collecting skaters left and right. What if it was really Yuzu going to BOrser with a laundry list of skaters, with names marked, bolded, italicized with little notes on the side?

BOrser: Yuzu what is this?

Yuzu:...my friends?

BOrser: I get that, but why this list?

Yuzu: well, next season, maybe...?

BOrser: ...o_O Yuzu, how many times do I have to say, that I'm the coach around here?

Yuzu: :pouty:

BOrser:...okay okay, anything but *that* look...

I'm actually over my worries of having new people at TCC.

I'm more afraid that Yuzu's not going to Beijing. Yeah, I know he already said that he's not certain whether he's going or not. And I know I'm being greedy and selfish for wanting him to skate competitively for as long as his body allows him. 

Ugh...I'm getting stressed thinking that he's gonna retire someday.

5 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

I'm mostly really happy about what's happening, but a part of me is a tiny bit nervous as well. I feel horrible for feeling and thinking this way, and my logical mind knows better and knows Brian would never endanger Yuzu's training, but with three more seriously contending skaters under one roof I can't help but think about the potential reduction in individual attention. :unsure2:

Yuzu's asthma means he can't train as long as many skaters can at a stretch, doesn't it? Maybe it means nothing but his number of hours of training per week on ISU bio is not as high as most others'. He's probably had to really make those hours count from the time he was a kid, so not much will probably change as far as Yuzu's training is concerned. Plus I think they will also focus on not burdening his ankle too much from now on, so his training might be far more quality than quantity now. 

Hace 1 hora, Altie said:

Apart from 4A, being "perfect package" is still one of his dreams/goals.

hace 3 minutos , OonsieHui said:

I am not worried, at least now. Actually I think it will benefit all of them. It worked well for Yuzu and Javi and I hope it to stay like this with others.

And Yuzu doesn't need Brian 24/7.

hace 8 minutos , enno0287 said:

I'm actually over my worries of having new people at TCC.

I'm more afraid that Yuzu's not going to Beijing. Yeah, I know he already said that he's not certain whether he's going or not. And I know I'm being greedy and selfish for wanting him to skate competitively for as long as his body allows him. 

Ugh...I'm getting stressed thinking that he's gonna retire someday.

There is nothing you can do about this, just cherish every moment of time we have left. 

I am rather selfish in this sense as well and I hope with Boyang and others being there Yuzu will have enough motivation to stay longer in competitive skating. 

ETA sorry for double post