General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I'm guessing in the context of the kind of season he had back in 14-15, winning a silver at WC was almost as good as a gold. But he was on a roll in the 15-16 season so the fall from the top was from a much higher place and as such had gotta hurt a lot more. He was also in a pretty bad mental place. The clean SP he delivered despite that and massive lead he had gained from that but then lost in its entirety must have been a painful blow and shocking eye-opener personally so I'm guessing that made the loss even tougher to swallow. And then you add the uncertainty of whether or not his career would be ending right after that comp...it's a miracle he managed to hold up all night and then switch gears to properly enjoy the gala. He did a half-hour interview the day after that was pretty revealing but I'm not sure if it's ever been translated.

Do you have a link to the full interview in Japanese? Like a transcript? I would love to try and send it to some friends that might want to translate it. I felt really curious about it after you brought it up haha (:

4 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

yuzu's hair is a thing now in shops lol :laughing:

:surprised:

Wow, this is seriously some next-level stuff. You know, it seems that as a community we have witnessed endless instances of such... creativity, to the point where I feel that surprise should be suspended indefinitely. AND YET I am still surprised---amazed, even---every time. In this instance, specifically, there are multiple points of amazement/confusion: 

1. The fact that this relatively ordinary (let's be real, guys) hairstyle is now the Yuzuru Hanyu hairstyle. 

2. The fact that there's this diagram in the upper right displaying... what, exactly? the strengths and weaknesses of said hairstyle?

3. The fact that on the the lower right point of the diagram, they assigned 'かっこよさ’ or 'coolness/handsomeness' only a 4/5 :laughing:

I wonder what the other points of the diagram say, it's a little too blurry for me to make out... I also wonder what the figures on the bottom left (the circles with 'POINT') are supposed to be pointing out... :rofl:

His mother should get a percentage of the sales for each of these haircuts, as copyright :P

(Actually, personally, I don't even really like his regular, non-competition hairstyle. It's too... good boy style lol But I guess I prefer it to the current fashion where most guys seem photocopies of each other with shaved or short sides and long fringes and blah)

OT and totally random, ralucutzagy will know this is nothing special, but I thought it might amuse some of you:

Spoiler

f95iT1l.jpg

My drink this morning (since I don't drink actual coffee).

3 hours ago, MrPudding said:

yuzu's hair is a thing now in shops lol :laughing:

3 hours ago, dodobirdo said:

:surprised:

Wow, this is seriously some next-level stuff. You know, it seems that as a community we have witnessed endless instances of such... creativity, to the point where I feel that surprise should be suspended indefinitely. AND YET I am still surprised---amazed, even---every time. In this instance, specifically, there are multiple points of amazement/confusion: 

1. The fact that this relatively ordinary (let's be real, guys) hairstyle is now the Yuzuru Hanyu hairstyle. 

2. The fact that there's this diagram in the upper right displaying... what, exactly? the strengths and weaknesses of said hairstyle?

3. The fact that on the the lower right point of the diagram, they assigned 'かっこよさ’ or 'coolness/handsomeness' only a 4/5 :laughing:

I wonder what the other points of the diagram say, it's a little too blurry for me to make out... I also wonder what the figures on the bottom left (the circles with 'POINT') are supposed to be pointing out... :rofl:

I have searched and found a better resolution image of the page. (CSI fanyu style)

The top diagram is '清潔感' cleanliness - rated 5

Top right diagram is '爽やかさ' freshness - rated 5

Top left diagram is '好感度' loveliness/favourability (google translate...:13877886:) - rated 5

Bottom left diagram is '男前度' handsomeness/manliness - rated 3

The bottom diagram is '扱いやすさ' ease of handling/maintenance - rated 4

So according to the diagram, handsomeness only rates 3 out of 5...

There are more info about Yuzu hair variations 

49 минут назад, BWOZWaltz сказал:

I have searched and found a better resolution image of the page. (CSI fanyu style)

The top diagram is '清潔感' cleanliness - rated 5

Top right diagram is '爽やかさ' freshness - rated 5

Top left diagram is '好感度' loveliness/favourability (google translate...:13877886:) - rated 5

Bottom left diagram is '男前度' handsomeness/manliness - rated 3

The bottom diagram is '扱いやすさ' ease of handling/maintenance - rated 4

So according to the diagram, handsomeness only rates 3 out of 5...

There are more info about Yuzu hair variations 

I wonder what then would earn 5 for manliness? Bold? Ponytail? What else? :1: