General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Sammie said:

There so many clips out for the parade. I hope some of them get translated. Everyone seem to be amused or in awe. 

There really are so many in YT. The common topic they discussed, from what I could interpret, is about the poses Yuzu did during the parade. It really amazes (and amuses) me how every single thing he does, no matter how little, gets noticed and seems to be news-worthy. Though I hope that doesn't bother him (or at least not much). Besides, when he really wants privacy, not only does he ninja so well, he can also "persuade" everyone to not leak anything about him. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: 

15 minutes ago, Erin said:

There really are so many in YT. The common topic they discussed, from what I could interpret, is about the poses Yuzu did during the parade. It really amazes (and amuses) me how every single thing he does, no matter how little, gets noticed and seems to be news-worthy. Though I hope that doesn't bother him (or at least not much). Besides, when he really wants privacy, not only does he ninja so well, he can also "persuade" everyone to not leak anything about him. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: 

I love the Seimei pose, but I haven't come across any of them covering his Poto unmasking move which with the dramatic Yuzu flair is a favorite of mine too. :P

50 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

Haha , Yuzu , don’t you know that the fan did that on purpose to get your attention ???? “ Operation upside down banner “ 

on the other hand ,

Yuzu : Fix your thing 

Me: aww he’s so attentive, so cute

Other people: Fix your thing 

Me : :judgmental:

The Fanyu version of dropping your handkerchief. :biggrin: Dear little emperor, so kind to his crafty subjects. :biggrin:

21 hours ago, ainjxx said:

hi guys. this is off topic but i just really want to ask this to understand it more. please pardon my ignorance hehe. what is this 'pointing of the toe'? and the thing abt yuzu not pointing his toe? and how important is it? if someone can explain it to me, million thanks!! XD

21 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

huh what?

I expect it would be very tough to point toes in skates. I've never heard of this? Pointing the toes is a way of extending your line gracefully in dance, and having graceful lines is part of artistic movement in figure skating, too, but I've never actually heard of anybody expecting skaters to point their toes while wearing those boots. And it's not like men have long spirals, blades are usually on the ice most of the time, so... I don't know?

What skaters actually point their toes? 

Or is this about the toe pick in toe jumps? I've never heard any criticism of Yuzu's toe pick position in jumps, he never uses the whole blade, and he only very rarely uses more than the toe pick.

No idea what this is about.

20 hours ago, IULIANA said:

As much as I seem to know, pointing toe is something even Yuna had been criticized about  of NOT doing it, eventhough she had beautiful lines. David Wilson mentioned it in an interview with TSL quoting a talk with Yuna and pointing out that if she did not do it, he, David, would be punished, or something... By the way, the TSL constantly kept criticising Yuzuru for.

20 hours ago, yuzupon said:

You mean, this:

But basically, it's that old and tiresome talk about how skating must be as balletic as possible.

If I recall correctly, Sasha Cohen used to be famous for being able to do that. I personally can't tell. Also, how on earth are skaters expected to do that while on skating boots?

If anyone can point to me where in ISU official document I can find this thing, I'd concur. Until then, :shrug:

17 hours ago, cirelle said:

Yeah, turnout and pointed toes are different things but I guess they often correlate. For me the turnout is MUCH more important for it to look good (one of my pet peeves with Alina’s FS is how she often lost the turnout in her attitude (the ballet movement :P) which makes it ugly af), and not that I mind pointed toes, but I’ve never been bothered by Yuzu’s supposed lack. 

15 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

You can "point your toe" in skating. It feels like you're pointing your toe but the effect is more...turning out your foot...with your toe facing slightly more away from you.

For example, Sasha, who is very famous for always pointing her toes, even when she jumps:

SashaCohen.jpg

And Yuna is famous for *not* pointing her toes, but I love Yuna the most and completely didn't mind, so it's a matter of personal taste.

yuna.jpg

better example that won't embed

As for Yuzu, well, I think it's nitpicky because he (1) doesn't do spirals, and (2) men don't usually point their toes anyway. Not that i've even really noticed.

Re: Toe point. Sasha was my Yuzu equivalent at the time so I cared about toe point very much and still do depending on your skating style. And yes, she did it in her jumps (that's commentary from Dick Button btw). That said, with Yuzu I don't care or even notice all that much. I typically don't look for it in guys.  He is very polished in other ways. But for moves like spirals it wasn't just about the toe point, but also the alignment, which Sasha was also amazing at. Skaters like Karen Chen have good extension, but her alignment is not good so I often find myself cringing a bit if it's a straight on angle of it (Sasha's for comparison is straight through with no break at the hip).  Even Lipnitskaya could do the the spirals with great flexibility and alignment, but I'd look at the lack of toe point and scrunch my nose. Even Wakaba, I like her a lot, but I'd be perfectly okay if she never did a fan spiral again. So needless to say Yuna's club foot never did it for me, though I was never much of a fan in general. She just wasn't my skater and that's okay.  So for me, as long as Yuzu isn't doing what Sasha's done to supreme excellence, I'm not bothered, especially because in general he has great line and performs moves more flattering for him.  But on some level I do understand being nitpicky about those things. It's hard to unsee them when you have a set standard. Sasha's kind of ruined me for that. If your layback isn't completely parallel to the ice with the back and leg, I'm gonna notice.  If you grab your blade for a front catch this way vs. this neater this way, I'm gonna notice (that was Sasha both times but she improved on it to make it look better).  But I digress.  

At the same time Yuzu has ruined me for a lot of things, especially jumps. Even TSL called his jumps "stunningly beautiful". I'm a lot less tolerant of telegraphing, less than pretty air positions, and less than stellar runouts. It's not a way to live, folks. My faves keep ruining me with their high standards.:headdesk2::headdesk2: :headdesk2:

PS: I just listened to a little more of Dick's commentary on Sasha's short and he talks about how he's getting pelted with stuffed dolls. He hasn't a clue

of what that would grow to mean :pouty:

11 hours ago, ruruzest said:

and the mighty sun can’t get pass HIs Majesty ‘s cheekbone !

He looks like his mother with a haircut.  Gosh they look so alike. 

10 hours ago, ruruzest said:
  Reveal hidden contents

the power of Yuzu ( making adults act like that , and I’m one of them :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

Yeah well I was screaming and crying in PC like I never have for an athlete before, so I can relate. :smiley-laughing021: