General Yuzuru Chat

12 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Found a new favourite photo from the sendai parade!! He just looks so... soft and handsome and princely and honestly like he just stepped out of a manga. HOW IS HE REAL?? :10636614:

He's not. This is just mass hysteria. A group hallucination. Maybe an alien conspiracy. 

5 hours ago, ainjxx said:

tsl always mention it. also with their interview with tracy wilson. they asked tracy if they are addressing that issue and if it's because of his edea skates. sorry idk it either 😓

5 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

huh what?

I expect it would be very tough to point toes in skates. I've never heard of this? Pointing the toes is a way of extending your line gracefully in dance, and having graceful lines is part of artistic movement in figure skating, too, but I've never actually heard of anybody expecting skaters to point their toes while wearing those boots. And it's not like men have long spirals, blades are usually on the ice most of the time, so... I don't know?

What skaters actually point their toes? 

Or is this about the toe pick in toe jumps? I've never heard any criticism of Yuzu's toe pick position in jumps, he never uses the whole blade, and he only very rarely uses more than the toe pick.

No idea what this is about.

You can "point your toe" in skating. It feels like you're pointing your toe but the effect is more...turning out your foot...with your toe facing slightly more away from you.

For example, Sasha, who is very famous for always pointing her toes, even when she jumps:

SashaCohen.jpg

And Yuna is famous for *not* pointing her toes, but I love Yuna the most and completely didn't mind, so it's a matter of personal taste.

yuna.jpg

better example that won't embed

As for Yuzu, well, I think it's nitpicky because he (1) doesn't do spirals, and (2) men don't usually point their toes anyway. Not that i've even really noticed.

6 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

You can "point your toe" in skating. It feels like you're pointing your toe but the effect is more...turning out your foot...with your toe facing slightly more away from you.

For example, Sasha, who is very famous for always pointing her toes, even when she jumps:

SashaCohen.jpg

And Yuna is famous for *not* pointing her toes, but I love Yuna the most and completely didn't mind, so it's a matter of personal taste.

60146_31488_4541.jpgwon't embed

As for Yuzu, well, I think it's nitpicky because he (1) doesn't do spirals, and (2) men don't usually point their toes anyway. Not that i've even really noticed.

The effect of that does seem more turning out than toe-pointing. Feels like nitpicking, though, a bit. Thank you for the photos! :thanks: 

John Coates, the IOC vice-president, mentions Yuzu's parade in a meeting related to Tokyo 2020 as something Japan needs to capitalize on for the summer Games.

https://english.kyodonews.net/tokyo/news/2018/04/995b2b91ed52-olympics-ioc-tells-tokyo-to-sharpen-up-after-successful-pyeongchang-games.html

Coates said Tokyo has a lot going for it, especially in terms of massive public support. He pointed to the parade for Pyeongchang men's figure skating gold medalist Yuzuru Hanyu on Sunday that drew more than 100,000 as an example of that backing, which Coates said must be capitalized on.

"I saw on the front page of the (Japan Times), your figure skater in the hometown of Sendai, 100,000 people coming out on the street for a parade. That's unbelievable, six weeks after the games," he said.

"That's the momentum you really have going for you and that's the momentum you can build on."

3 minutes ago, xeyra said:

John Coates, the IOC vice-president, mentions Yuzu's parade in a meeting related to Tokyo 2020 as something Japan needs to capitalize on for the summer Games.

https://english.kyodonews.net/tokyo/news/2018/04/995b2b91ed52-olympics-ioc-tells-tokyo-to-sharpen-up-after-successful-pyeongchang-games.html

Yuzu's one of Japan's most popular athlete currently. And yet some people said Yuzu shouldn't be a torch bearer for 2020 just because he's an athlete from the Winter Games. :shrug:

18 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

They should just let FS be in the summer Games, really. I mean, it's not like you have to stand around waiting for it to be cold enough for lakes to freeze anymore. 

well until 1924 , figure skating was a summer sports at the Olympics so why not haha