General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, astudyofmemory said:

The whole post

The thing is we don't really want to continually talk about this, so there's little point in making a thread for it.. This just happened like most chats do. Once you start regulating where you can talk about this or that, it feels very stilted and tense, so unless we go for excessive OT, I'd strive and keep this natural feel. This is just a general chat which goes anyway its participants take it to.

On the other hand, we could make a thread with real news - and will. The real trouble is that there's no news...

2 minutes ago, Fay said:

The thing is we don't really want to continually talk about this, so there's little point in making a thread for it.. This just happened like most chats do. Once you start regulating where you can talk about this or that, it feels very stilted and tense, so unless we go for excessive OT, I'd strive and keep this natural feel. This is just a general chat which goes anyway its participants take it to.

On the other hand, we could make a thread with real news - and will. The real trouble is that there's no news...

Yeah it's all fine. I think some people don't like it. I don't care to join that conversation either. But I think we'll deal. I don't think there's anything wrong with stating you don't like it though. It's part of the natural flow of the conversation like you said ;)

10 minutes ago, Fay said:

Ahaha honestly I was just low-key following and giggling at you guys' antics with the magazine cover (and meoima's cats). I agree with Fay, this was really just a natural cycle in the general thread, topics come up and recede. Redaction and starting a new thread seems excessive for a throwaway topic that came up because of a silly magazine cover. A couple people mentioned they didn't enjoy these topics, and that's fine to voice as well - easiest way is to bring up something else interesting and the horde will follow. 

Perhaps the General Thread could include some general rules that can be agreed upon here or here in the Feedback section? It's important that both the mods and posters all feel like there's a way to express themselves (agreeing or not) but also stay away from content they don't wish to participate in (for instance, I didn't even know there were shipping threads! :laughing: ). Of course we're bound to have some disagreements, but it's better to establish the protocol right now than before Olympic season really ramps up. Shipping in particular seems to be a very, very delicate subject, more so than topics/jokes pertaining to Yuzuru only, which is where I think some people might draw the line between "normal" off-topic and "really" off-topic.

Sorry, just some suggestions/thoughts! I think for the most part, the conversations here are totally understandable and the tangents are funny, but perhaps enough people have expressed their dislike of this particular topic for this to be taken into consideration.

3 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

I will say I don't meticulously read every post in there. I am happy to scroll through to the next page if it's a topic I'd rather not participate in or read about. And it's not so bad because I feel like I'm making progress that way :laughing:.

Does anyone? :laughing: If they do, my congratulations because this thread is a monster, even if it is gen chat and now there are separate ones for other things. Yuzuru fans are quite productive.

But I skip over parts of this thread I don't care about all the time too and it works out just fine plus yes, is very helpful!

5 minutes ago, unicorn said:

Perhaps the General Thread could include some general rules that can be agreed upon here or here in the Feedback section? It's important that both the mods and posters all feel like there's a way to express themselves (agreeing or not) but also stay away from content they don't wish to participate in (for instance, I didn't even know there were shipping threads! :laughing: ). Of course we're bound to have some disagreements, but it's better to establish the protocol right now than before Olympic season really ramps up. Shipping in particular seems to be a very, very delicate subject, more so than topics/jokes pertaining to Yuzuru only, which is where I think some people might draw the line between "normal" off-topic and "really" off-topic.

Sorry, just some suggestions/thoughts! I think for the most part, the conversations here are totally understandable and the tangents are funny, but perhaps enough people have expressed their dislike of this particular topic for this to be taken into consideration.

We are working on defining the rules, but it's a long process that we hope to have finished as soon as possible.

11 minutes ago, Fay said:

You make an excellent point, I didn't think about it that way. :smiley-happy085: They're my favorite friendship in fs but it seems to be a taboo topic among many so I was hoping to provide an alternate solution of sorts that would please everyone. I'm the type that really likes to keep the peace but like another poster said...if someone doesn't like it, they can just move on. I just wanted a way to keep both parties happy and I figured that most would feel more comfortable posting a lot more about them if it were on another thread...so sorry :hopelessness:

1 minute ago, astudyofmemory said:

You make an excellent point, I didn't think about it that way. :smiley-happy085: They're my favorite friendship in fs but it seems to be a taboo topic among many so I was hoping to provide an alternate solution of sorts that would please everyone. I'm the type that really likes to keep the peace but like another poster said...if someone doesn't like it, they can just move on. I just wanted a way to keep both parties happy and I figured that most would feel more comfortable posting a lot more about them if it were on another thread...so sorry :hopelessness:

You have nothing to apologize for :smile:

36 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

We are working on defining the rules, but it's a long process that we hope to have finished as soon as possible.

Of course, I didn't mean to imply that it's not something you've been considering/working on! It's good to know, and take your time to create a set of rules for what you best see fit. You admins/mods do so much great work, I don't think I thank you enough! :clap::clap:

Over 5 pages (right?) talking about it, tho... I went with 'confused' (okay, 'hella confused') because 1) that's the first feeling I got, especially as someone who has not been around long enough to get/know how things usually went in here, and 2) to score the least of what those type of talks will do to people who lurk/read through this thread to see if there is any news of Yuzu worth noting. I could get more specific, but I know some of us could (and apparently did) get offended, so I did not. I will say though, with what little I know, I am not sure those types of talks are ok for a public forum; not if we want to build any credible reputation whatsoever.

I know that it's all done in jest, but that's not how ALL of us will take it. When I read "General Yuzuru Chat", I would not expect to see talks about ships and children, however imaginary and 'done in jest' they may be, to be in it. "General" is quite different from "Random", isn't it?

:runaway:

It's funny how what is shocking and what is not depends on the culture and the people... I know I find some of the invisible convos far more "shocking" than jokes about genetically engineered super-skaters or about funny low-key shipping... but it seems that some posters here think the opposite :)

Anyway, yes, there's no news and it's a pity. But the real question is : when do we expect there will be some news ? How does it work usually with shows, are there rehearsals beforehand, reports, interviews ?