General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

In re to the first bit, I only know two things - never to underestimate Yuzuru and that I don't know what he's going to do. His head is an interesting place. Especially now, as I have no idea if at this point, even he knows what he might want. Never mind if it is doable as a quad is a very long time. Plushenko is his idol after all but at the same time, his health/age is what it is. Mix that and it's an interesting combo! So I'm a happy clam, and I am not thinking much about what'll happen later on; I'm going to enjoy the now, wherever that takes us. I was mostly talking about a what-if, though even in that case I feel like the Canadians and Cha are a far bigger question mark here.

Mhm, I agree with that for sure. Just wanted to expand a bit on all of this in the sense that it's a complex issue, overall so there's much to consider even with fan-enthusiasm. 

And in general, I forgot to add that while we have many Boyang fans here, we also have those who are not (much like we had a mix in re to Javier), so if some peeps simply aren't enthusiastic, it's more than fine of course.

Considering his head coach is going with him, I am leaning heavily towards summer camp but we'll see. In either case it'll benefit him, that's for sure!

I think the head coach is going because for now it is a short term session (2 months maybe in summer). People tend to forget, before Yuzu went to TCC, there were many things in place:

- Shirota mentioned that before suggesting Yuzu go overseas, they scouted many training centers, and TCC was one of them

-Shirota also plays a role to coordiante between JSF, Yuzu and Brian.

For now, no "Shirota" exists for Boyang, so until that is established, good luck. Someone has to handle the chinese press too. So what team Boyang needs to do is not just summer session with Brian, but also figure out how to coordinate  (short term or long term) with TCC if it's decided that they will work with TCC for any period of time. How to deal with having Boyang's long term coach there, how to manage expectations from CHN gov't and public etc, those are all questions. They might honestly just be there to inspect, test the waters, and pull out if it really doesn't work out well. So let's not get our hopes up too much- don't call it until it hatches

I remember a fanyu saying on Golden Skate.

Yuzu thread for 17~18 season was apparently lacking in reply numbers as in the past because yuzu didnt participate in many competitions last season and she got jealous of other skaters longer threads (although theirs wasn't divided by seasons like hanyu's)

And then the moderator lengthened the thread to 17~19 season 😂😂😂😂😂

She said it's childish but I totally agreed. It's funny but when you love your skater, you sometimes care about little things like that and little things such as thread lengths on Golden Skate become a mini competition between skating fans; who's thread is more active and longer?

I know some fanyus don't care about those things but some do.

It's the same with the Boyang coming to TCC for summer thing I guess. Some fans are just more sensitive than others. + worry more. 

3 hours ago, Xen said:

I think the head coach is going because for now it is a short term session (2 months maybe in summer). People tend to forget, before Yuzu went to TCC, there were many things in place:

- Shirota mentioned that before suggesting Yuzu go overseas, they scouted many training centers, and TCC was one of them

-Shirota also plays a role to coordiante between JSF, Yuzu and Brian.

For now, no "Shirota" exists for Boyang, so until that is established, good luck. Someone has to handle the chinese press too. So what team Boyang needs to do is not just summer session with Brian, but also figure out how to coordinate  (short term or long term) with TCC if it's decided that they will work with TCC for any period of time. How to deal with having Boyang's long term coach there, how to manage expectations from CHN gov't and public etc, those are all questions. They might honestly just be there to inspect, test the waters, and pull out if it really doesn't work out well. So let's not get our hopes up too much- don't call it until it hatches

You know what really worries me?

If Boyang extended his training in TCC to longterm.

National media rivalry. Ughh... Trust me I know alot of this. .

Spoiler

Yuna kim and Mao asada era: Korean media attacked Mao Asada up front many times, while Japanese media apparently also attacked Yuna Kim: on writing negative and false articles etc etc. (The whole Mao interrupted Yuna during official practice and Mao and IMG planned to split Orser and Yuna conspiracy were written by journalists and fans vice versa)

And the fact that if yuzu wnts to go to Beijing then its in Boyang's Home Country and that could bring Homecooking or home buff advantages to scoring (remember Sochi and Adelina?)

And training long term with the next olympics hosting nation's national figure skating hero or number 1 skater will have some mental draining stress I presume. Naturally. 

The Chinese Media will naturally come ALOT to TCC for media coverage to cover both Yuzu and Boyang and no matter how hard Brian tries to restrict Media coverage from both Japan and Chinese Media, the Media exposure to both Yuzu and Boyang will naturally double.

Spanish media didnt come to TCC as often as Japanese media for media coverage and interviews because the Figure skating fanbase wasn't as great as Japan.

But with China and them hosting the next winter olympics and with Boyang being a strong gold medal contender, I imagine that the demand and media interest and visits from China will be overwhelming.. And the more Boyang wins major events the more obsessed the Chinese media will be covering both Yuzu and Boyang as rivals. Not to mention nationalism and patriotism is very strong in China and in East Asian countries (look at PC olympics short track history haha😂😂😂😂). 

It can get ugly just saying. 

But Yes I will try to stay positive and also look on the bright side if Boyang does stay longterm. 

16 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I want to say that if it comes a day that someone beats Hanyu fair and square after Hanyu has delivered a clean performance, then we should rejoice the emergence of a new and worthy successor to the throne.

I keep disagreeing with peeps today :laughing:

Nope, not happening.

I am decidedly not going to rejoice. I don't care what anyone thinks about that but as far as I am concerned I don't see why I should. People can of course, but there's no should there. And in my case, I most definitely will not. I'll also of course not begrudge the victor and wish them well, and in the abstract, it would be good for skating, but at the same time, I'm not a person who cheers for everyone (I don't even understand that concept to be entirely honest) and I am a person who is very much focused on my own fave(s) or Yuzuru in this case. This is a sport so for me, as a highly, highly competitive person, it won't be a time to rejoice! I am who I am :biggrin:

16 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

I remember a fanyu saying on Golden Skate.

Yuzu thread for 17~18 season was apparently lacking in reply numbers as in the past because yuzu didnt participate in many competitions last season and she got jealous of other skaters longer threads (although theirs wasn't divided by seasons like hanyu's)

And then the moderator lengthened the thread to 17~19 season 😂😂😂😂😂

She said it's childish but I totally agreed. It's funny but when you love your skater, you sometimes care about little things like that and little things such as thread lengths on Golden Skate become a mini competition between skating fans; who's thread is more active and longer?

I know some fanyus don't care about those things but some do.

It's the same with the Boyang coming to TCC for summer thing I guess. Some fans are just more sensitive than others. + worry more. 

:smiley-laughing021: Whoever that GS fan is, I understand this so much, lol. I'm petty and competitive growing up with 6 sisters. I even get jealous if my favorite gets less screentime in a 30sec trailer. Of course, and then I tell myself to calm down and stop being so bothered by the unimportant things. It doesn't always work, but I try.

But remember A LOT of Yuzu fans were banned from and left GS. Even if Yuzu didn't compete a lot this season, our 3,000 pages in the general thread happened anyway. Its not about the season that happened; Yuzu's thread or more like GS probably isn't the place for just Yuzu fans to chill out anymore.

(Will mods ever consider splitting this thread up into seasons?)

8 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Nope, not happening.

I am decidedly not going to rejoice. I don't care what anyone thinks about that but as far as I am concerned I don't see why I should. People can of course, but there's no should there. And in my case, I most definitely will not. I'll also of course not begrudge the victor and wish them well, and in the abstract, it would be good for skating, but at the same time, I'm not a person who cheers for everyone (I don't even understand that concept to be entirely honest) and I am a person who is very much focused on my own fave(s) or Yuzuru in this case. This is a sport so for me, as a highly, highly competitive person, it won't be a time to rejoice! I am who I am :biggrin:

I agree completely - but especially about not begrudging any potential victor ( at least not by banging on about it on social media- I might have a private whinge) as happened with fans of others when Yuzuru began to win.  It's petty and pointless.

11 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

You know what really worries me?

If Boyang extended his training in TCC to longterm.

National media rivalry. Ughh... Trust me I know alot of this. .

Reveal hidden contents

Yuna kim and Mao asada era: Korean media attacked Mao Asada up front many times, while Japanese media apparently also attacked Yuna Kim: on writing negative and false articles etc etc. (The whole Mao interrupted Yuna during official practice and Mao and IMG planned to split Orser and Yuna conspiracy were written by journalists and fans vice versa)

And the fact that if yuzu wnts to go to Beijing then its in Boyang's Home Country and that could bring Homecooking or home buff advantages to scoring (remember Sochi and Adelina?)

And training long term with the next olympics hosting nation's national figure skating hero or number 1 skater will have some mental draining stress I presume. Naturally. 

The Chinese Media will naturally come ALOT to TCC for media coverage to cover both Yuzu and Boyang and no matter how hard Brian tries to restrict Media coverage from both Japan and Chinese Media, the Media exposure to both Yuzu and Boyang will naturally double.

Spanish media didnt come to TCC as often as Japanese media for media coverage and interviews because the Figure skating fanbase wasn't as great as Japan.

But with China and them hosting the next winter olympics and with Boyang being a strong gold medal contender, I imagine that the demand and media interest and visits from China will be overwhelming.. And the more Boyang wins major events the more obsessed the Chinese media will be covering both Yuzu and Boyang as rivals. Not to mention nationalism and patriotism is very strong in China and in East Asian countries (look at PC olympics short track history haha😂😂😂😂). 

It can get ugly just saying. 

But Yes I will try to stay positive and also look on the bright side if Boyang does stay longterm. 

True, but also I think that it's less likely than that Mao vs Yuna rivalry.

However, those are all factors that the Chinese fed and BOrser have to take into consideration, hence why for now, I wouldn't bet on anything long term. Also, I'm not sure if being in Beijing will bring China that many buffs...you're overestimating our popularity and how much buff could be applied. We have to be within earshot, and I don't think Chinese fed is so strong that it can extend to men's-maybe a bit into ladies, but not that much in other disciplines, unless Boyang starts winning stuff too. So far, Boyang has a lot of competition, and even domestically he fights for attention against Vincent Zhou fans (due to having family there, being Chinese, he's got a sizable fanbase).

32 分, Yatagarasuさんが言いました:

Nope, not happening.

Lol. That's fine. We all don't want to see Hanyu's reign end but if it has to happen someday, then I'm willing to see the good it represents. But only if the guy is at least as good as Hanyu had been at his very best. It's hard to begrudge someone with as much talent as that. It'd be like frowning upon Hanyu himself. I'm not saying it'll be immediate but I'll be willing to accept it before too long.

Also what I'm saying about rooting for others even while rooting for Hanyu isn't as magnanimous as I'm making it sound. I'm sorry if I made it seem that way. I'm saying there's room because we know that there isn't anyone out there who can beat Hanyu, million quads, inflated scores and all, when Hanyu absolutely nails it. It becomes something we can afford to do, because Hanyu's victory ultimately depends on how well he himself does, not how much better others are than him. And that's refreshing because everyone that came before him somehow also needed their rivals to not perform as good to be able to win for certain, which leaves very little room for fans to root for anyone but their own favorites, which inevitably leads to fans becoming somewhat resentful of the other party. It's not something they can help and I find that very tiring which is why I never really got into any athlete or sport until I discovered Hanyu.

I noticed across different forums that you're pretty intense in your support, and I'm not surprised you feel the way you do. I suppose we all love in our own special ways. I'm not a super intense person generally but I feel like my support for the guy is pretty intense too, which is a bit ooc for me, but well, you learn new things about yourself everyday.....

the recent discussion seems stressful..... To me, whatever happens happens sooo no point thinking about it now, and not that there's anything to do about it (sorry if I'm completely off topic, didn't really read in detail cos as I said, seems stressful haha). Drowning in kawaii yuzu stuff is utmost priority XD. 

18 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Nope, not happening.

Your quote reminds me of "This is me" song hahahahaha. 

I do agree with you too. I won't hate the guy who hates Yuzu but I won't love him either 😂😂😂

By the way what a relief Nathan Chen is not coming to TCC after olympics (there was a rumor that he was splitting with Rafael and coming to TCC). 

Im sure that if this was Nathan instead of Boyang coming for the summer or for long term to TCC there would be less positivity. Not because Nathan is a bad person, but because presumably by the media Nathan is Hanyu's biggest threat. 

1 minute ago, Sombreuil said:

I agree completely - but especially about not begrudging any potential victor ( at least not by banging on about it on social media- I might have a private whinge) as happened with fans of others when Yuzuru began to win.  It's petty and pointless.

Absolutely. I don't even understand how any Hanyu fan could to be honest, considering what happened way back then, and since then but then, now I'm being idealistic! 

I'll open a bottle though, and have myself a 'party' at home :laughing:

But about the issue of Boyang, also raises another issue-that is media created rivalry between all the TCC boys, Yuzu, Cha, Gogolev etc, that may occur going forward. I pray, that it won't happen. But man if it does, us fans will have our work cut out to avoid and block negativity going forward-we have to bring some positvity and sportsmanship to everything.

Now onto normal programming----I got billed for my Sendai shirts. Yay!

15 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

:smiley-laughing021: Whoever that GS fan is, I understand this so much, lol. I'm petty and competitive growing up with 6 sisters. I even get jealous if my favorite gets less screentime in a 30sec trailer. Of course, and then I tell myself to calm down and stop being so bothered by the unimportant things. It doesn't always work, but I try.

But remember A LOT of Yuzu fans were banned from and left GS. Even if Yuzu didn't compete a lot this season, our 3,000 pages in the general thread happened anyway. Its not about the season that happened; Yuzu's thread or more like GS probably isn't the place for just Yuzu fans to chill out anymore.

(Will mods ever consider splitting this thread up into seasons?)

Some fans on that thread wanted to split the 2 seasons for backtracking issues, but some fans want the 2 seasons to mesh so they have longer threads than other skating fans 😂😂😂

As for myself I don't mind meshing 2 seasons and the moderator meshed it regardless of opinions. 

As for being banned from GS? You can just go back and repost with another account?

Although I finally understand why GS has fan wars. Whenever I post something, it appears on the overall newsfeed for other skating fans to see. I have to be careful and mind what I write because I'm scared what rival skating fans might think of it 😅😅. Its an uncomfortable place. 

18 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Lol. That's fine. We all don't want to see Hanyu's reign end but if it has to happen someday, then I'm willing to see the good it represents. But only if the guy is at least as good as Hanyu is at his very best. It's hard to begrudge someone with as much talent as that. It'd be like frowning upon Hanyu himself. I'm not saying it'll be immediate but I'll be willing to accept it before too long.

Also what I'm saying about rooting for others even while rooting Hanyu isn't as magnanimous as I'm making it sound. I'm sorry if I made it seem that way. I'm saying there's room because we know that there isn't anyone out there who can beat Hanyu, million quads, inflated scores and all, when Hanyu absolutely nails it. It becomes something we can afford to do, because Hanyu's victory ultimately depends on how well he himself does, not how much better others are than him. And that's refreshing because everyone that came before him somehow also needed their rivals to not perform as good to be able to win for certain, which leaves very little room for fans to root for anyone but their own favorites, and be somewhat resentful of the other party. It's not something they can help and I find that very tiring which is why I never really got into any athlete or sport until I discovered Hanyu.

I noticed across different forums that you're pretty intense in your support, and I'm not surprised you feel the way you do. I suppose we all love in our own special ways. I'm not a super intense person generally but I feel like my support for the guy is pretty intense too, which is a bit ooc for me, but well, you learn new things about yourself everyday.....

You guys know each other in other forums as in GS??

8 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Absolutely. I don't even understand how any Hanyu fan could to be honest, considering what happened way back then, and since then but then, now I'm being idealistic! 

I'll open a bottle though, and have myself a 'party' at home :laughing:

Your profile pic brings out the competitive side of hanyu haahahaha. I love how it symbolizes how you feel for him as a fan. I share your viewpoint more to be honest. I like my skater as the best too. 

Well he is on top now and we all know one day he'll turn pro. I just enjoy his most glorious times and feel blessed to know him and live with him during that era. Idk if there will be any man as good as or better than him but he'll leave a big legacy to next generation and will known as one of the bests

2 hours ago, Xen said:

But about the issue of Boyang, also raises another issue-that is media created rivalry between all the TCC boys, Yuzu, Cha, Gogolev etc, that may occur going forward. I pray, that it won't happen. But man if it does, us fans will have our work cut out to avoid and block negativity going forward-we have to bring some positvity and sportsmanship to everything.

Now onto normal programming----I got billed for my Sendai shirts. Yay!

Omg. 

Having korean, chinese and japanese boy all in one training ground will be nauseating if all 3 do well in major events and have all 3 media from 3 countries trying to film them all. I forgot about Cha..  

I wonder whether Cha fans will be supportive of Boyang coming to TCC permanently as we are? 

2 hours ago, Bilge said:

Well he is on top now and we all know one day he'll turn pro. I just enjoy his most glorious times and feel blessed to know him and live with him during that era. Idk if there will be any man as good as or better than him but he'll leave a big legacy to next generation and will known as one of the bests

Yes i agree.

But i know yuzu will turn pro when he feels he can't keep up and until then I want him to win as much as he can and leave breathtaking performances for the world to see and marvel