General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

His hair is getting longer and longer :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

No need go competition, can keep longer for more ways to style, LOL.

Most of the male athlete hair styling very boring, at least have some more Daisuki Takahashi styling or even Shoma

Long and tie it like Jason Brown also interesting.

5 minutes ago, Anya said:

In addition to the shirt, so there's also going to be a bracelet (is that a baller band?) CiCi

OMG please don't sell out until I get there! I collect silicon/rubber wristbands, I never thought I'd have a chance to get a Yuzu one! (or two lol)

Ok Ok, for t-shirt, can place order online and they will deliver to you (Japan address of course). Can order via HMV Japan and order accepted starting from today (4/4).

Nothing about the rubber band. Seems like only available at the department store. 

http://www.city.sendai.jp/sports-jigyo/event/2018parade_sendai.html

http://www.hmv.co.jp/fl/1/784/1/

ETA: Guess what. Overseas fans can buy the tee too!

http://www.hmv.co.jp/fl/1/784/4/

international shipping accepted until April 15.

3 hours ago, OonsieHui said:

It's even more interesting to contrast what he said then with what he's said in post-oly interviews. You can really tell the whole surmounting this potentially career ending injury has left it's mark on him. 

The one that really stood out to me was how at the start of the season he said he is never satisfied or happy with a result even when he goes clean for both SP and FS, and he expects PC to be the same; but after the injury (and winning PC), he said for the first time he felt satisfied and content with how he did, because he felt he had performed to the best he could at the time. 

I'm so glad he's gotten that! :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

An expensive lesson, but if he could keep that shift of perspective and moderate his extreme self criticism and perfectionism, I personally think it would only be good for his skating. 

PC was yet another example of when Yuzu is at his best.  He does his best when his back is to the wall and it's a do or die situation.  Think back to Helsinki.  Remember GPF 2014.  The FS there is in my opinion his greatest skate ever, even though he fell once late in the skate.  He missed setting a FS record then by just a sliver but salvaged a season that up to that time had been a disaster.  There have been other times though when he was just simply on top going into the skate and was even more on top coming out of it.  I'm thinking now of those supreme two weeks back in 2015 when Yuzu made it impossible for any responsible skating fan not to think of him as a potential GOAT.  I do remember one remark, and I think it was CBC.  One of the commentators remarked that Yuzu was moving to become the GOAT at which point Kurt Browning(?) said, "Guess what.  You're too late."  I've tried to analyze the situations which result in Yuzu turning in a perfect (or near-perfect) skate and those where he just makes too many mistakes to take the gold.  I could be wrong but it seems to me his best skates come in those situations where he's so far ahead he can skate without any pressure and then there are those like I've just mentioned, where his back is to the wall, and where his only recourse is to just go out and forget the pressure and just skate the program.  The problematic ones seem to be where his lead is such that he can be overtaken.  I'm thinking here of his two World Championship losses to Javi.  Those are the times where the other skater doesn't so much win as Yuzu loses. 

As for the lessons of this season, I think for the first time Yuzu realizes that he is not physically invulnerable.  In the past he's always surmounted his injuries but, as he observed in the interview, this is the fist time his actual career was threatened by an injury (It was threatened way back by the earthquake but the situation there was wholly different.).  If anything, I think this enforced time off the ice has given Yuzu a lot of time to look at things very long term, and by that I mean not just next season, not just next Olympics, but basically what is he going to do the rest of his life and when is he going to do it.  He's already made known he wants to coach someday.  But that is more what one does after one's passed those times when one can skate competetively and when the ice shows become a grind.  I do think, though, that Yuzu might be tipping his hand with HIS ice show this summer.  Is he thinking of putting together his own 'Fantasy on Ice' type show?  His name behind it seems already to be drawing a number of legends his way and with these big names coming forward I think there might come a point fairly soon when a number of today's prominent skaters decide they can't afford NOT to be in the show.  The point though is that Yuzu is showing any potential backers that he has the skill and the influence to put together an ice show that is just packed with talent and one that could, because of the worldwide nature of Yuzu's celebrity, actually tour internationally.

What we have right now, though, is a Yuzu who's scared enough by what's happened to him that he is going to follow doctor's orders to the letter.  He might not like it but he's realizing that there are a lot of things we have to do in life we don't like but they're necessary so that we can get to the times in our lives when we can do the things we want to do.  In these next few months I at least hope that the powers that be at TCC will keep things open enough that Yuzu's fans don't have to spend months agonizing over how things are going.  Keeping the lid on things as Yuzu and company were approaching PC was good strategy.  It kept the other skaters unsure of which Yuzuru they would be facing and hoping it would not be the Yuzu of NHK and GPF 2015.  With Yuzu's SP at PC we got a taste of 2015 and there was plenty of reason for all the other skaters to feel, going into the FS, that the Yuzu of the world record scores was facing them.  After all, he'd missed setting a new record in the short by just fractions of a point.  Right now, though, his fans need Yuzu's handlers to be more open with how things are progressing, at least in the weeks leading up to what everyone hopes will be a successful return to the ice with full powers restored.  Once Yuzu's fans have assurance that this coming season will see Yuzu competing I think they will be willing to go along with a renewed clampdown on news coming out of TCC.  At least I will.

What this season has meant for Yuzu's fans is something else.  What we've learned is that Yuzu is never short of keeping the suspense ratcheted up.  Life worshiping Yuzu is a life that is an alternating process of nail-biting agony one minute and mind-blowing ecstasy the next.  Yuzu's greatest consistency is his inconsistency.  We never know when something will not go as planned or go even better than planned.  Of course I think most of Yuzu's fans wouldn't have it any other way.  Yuzu's wins are always sweetest when we know what he has gone through getting to those wins.  Think about it.  Would you like an unending repeat of those two weeks in late 2015 when Yuzu rewrote the record books?  I wouldn't.  

9 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

nope :sadPooh:

Japan website still avail. 

Try http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/fl/1/784/1/. But I think u need a Japan address for domestic delivery. 

I also just purchased cos I need to go home to confirm measurement and that’s 30min after order is opened. 

Actually why should it be sold out? Just reprint! Such tees are so easy to reprint. Why are they restricting themselves from all the cash inflow??