General Yuzuru Chat

hace 14 minutos , OonsieHui said:

I think it's ony fair to point out that in some cultures calling someone "stupid" is not necessarily meant as a negative insult to a person's intelligence. I know it might sound wrong and strange, but it can almost be a term of endearment depending on the context and tone of voice. Like someone saying "he's so stupid~!" With a smile and in a teasing tone of voice can be quite a positive endearment. 

I honestly don't see anything positive in the word 'stupid' in any context, it's always a criticism even if you said it smiling, and I don't think my culture differs much from the person who said that.   Since this is an international forum and there are people of different cultures using English at different level, that's why I asked to that person to measure her/his words, because there are fans, like me as I said, that feels bad for that sentence.

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

He'd get 1200 instead of 1080, yes, and it would add 1200-1080=120 points to his ranking, so still below Yuzu.

But with the new season, starting July 1st, World standings will be reset and points from the 2015/2016 season will be lost, points from the 2016/2017 season will be at 70% and everyone will start at 0 points for the 2018/2019 season. As such WS will shift and Yuzu will drop in his ranking to 3rd or so. Missing GP season hurts quite a bit for the standings.

ahh so its like that.. thanks for the explanation

@Yuazz "223.20 "Break it if you can! " i liked that Ci

26 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

As long as no one now takes whoever is the new #1 and goes like "he beat Yuzu!!" cause I would actually be raging.... :tumblr_m9ranru0Dx1qdlkyg:

I think most of the commentators will mention Yuzu's absence at the worlds by saying something like "Bet the results were different if the reigning OC was here"....

8 hours ago, CupidsBow said:

I think since 2014-15 season? iirc. 

He's likely to drop after Worlds and he's 5th in the season standings but it's understandable considering the injury and how little he's been able to compete

I said in an earlier post that any current rankings of other skaters over Yuzu will have to be asterisked simply because of his absence throughout most of this season and citing the statistics of his past achievements, his holding of all the records and his continuing public reputation as the reason.  I ended that post by pointing out that however Yuzu's technical ranking might be, for all those in competition with him in this upcoming season Yuzu will be the man to beat.  In the minds of all the other male skaters Yuzu will remain number one and the one they know they'll have to top.  That's the simple reality of the situation.

Okay, so in celebration of the official one month anniversary of Yuzu's amazing Olympic win, my videos are finally posted! I also updated my album with new pics (I have to fix the captions):

planethanyu.com/gallery/category/12-winter-olympics-2018/

For the free skate morning practice if you live in Australia, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, South Korea,  or the USA, you'll need a VPN to view it.  I hadn't even watched these until around when I was going to upload them so it was pretty fun to relive it again.  When he won I was screaming/laughing/crying like a banshee all at once.  :smiley-laughing021:Here's a link to the playlist.  The one with my reaction to the win starts with my screaming so please be forewarned and don't have your volume too loud:

23 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

Okay, so in celebration of the official one month anniversary of Yuzu's amazing Olympic win, my videos are finally posted! I also updated my album with new pics (I have to fix the captions):

planethanyu.com/gallery/category/12-winter-olympics-2018/

For the free skate morning practice if you live in the USA, Japan, Australia, you'll need a VPN to view it.  I hadn't even watched these until around when I was going to upload them so it was pretty fun to relive it again.  When he won I was screaming/laughing/crying like a banshee all at once.  :smiley-laughing021:Here's a link to the playlist.  The one with my reaction to the win starts with my screaming so please be forewarned and don't have your volume too loud:

Thank you for the fancams! :thanks:

2 hours ago, Yuazz said:

It's funny if people saying "he beat yuzu!" while actually yuzu didn't even participate in the competition :english2:

Which is exactly what Robin Cousins and his female co-commentator said of Shoma Uno at the 2017 World Championships in Helsinki.

They said that Shoma Uno had beaten Yuzuru Hanyu to become the Japanese National Champion when Yuzuru was not even in the competition due to flu!

So, yes, it is possible that commentators will say that Yuzu was beaten even when he is not in the competition.

6 hours ago, wildstrawberry said:

to my knowing yuzu has been ranking no 1 in the world since 2013 till present day.i don't know where this 2014-2015 stuff came from tbh,it's the first time i hear this :shrug:

In my defense, i did put 'iirc' which mean 'if i remembered correctly'

obviously, I didn't remember correctly. that's all. Nothing to fuss over.

2 hours ago, micaelis said:

I said in an earlier post that any current rankings of other skaters over Yuzu will have to be asterisked simply because of his absence throughout most of this season and citing the statistics of his past achievements, his holding of all the records and his continuing public reputation as the reason.  I ended that post by pointing out that however Yuzu's technical ranking might be, for all those in competition with him in this upcoming season Yuzu will be the man to beat.  In the minds of all the other male skaters Yuzu will remain number one and the one they know they'll have to top.  That's the simple reality of the situation.

Oh, of course. I think it's very likely that Shoma will move to No.1 - he's very close in points, he competes a lot and he's been very consistent in the scores he's received all season. If he keeps a cool head at Worlds and pulls out two good performances he's very likely to win, and there's a reason Yuzuru admires his nerves of steel :) But if Shoma does win gold at Worlds, that won't make him the new skater everyone else strives to beat. He is still chasing Yuzuru. As is everyone else. world ranking doesn't tell the full story - especially this season.

4 hours ago, Lenylan said:

Since this is an international forum and there are people of different cultures using English at different level, that's why I asked to that person to measure her/his words, because there are fans, like me as I said, that feels bad for that sentence.

:headdesk::headdesk::headdesk:

I could point you to the bit in Kenji's room where Yuzu called Kanako 'baka' in the context of her food poisoning.

I could tell you that I am a professional person who visits this forum like 3 times a day just out of the love for Yuzu. 

I could tell you fandoms work differently and languages work differently and sometimes we could say things that are accidental, but without harshness behind it. 

But I am choosing to apologise to you if me saying that truly offended your sensibilities, and that I do think that Yuzuru is a particularly proficient and intelligent young man who sometimes do make me stare at a hashtag for 20 minutes from all different directions and still leave without understanding it. May be I'm not that smart, eh? 

Kohei Uchimura talked about Yuzuru's win at the Olympics. "I'm speechless. The Olympics was the first competition since he had been injured. If I were him, I could not have done the same. It is impossible for me."

Kohei injured his left ankle at WC in October last year and withdrew, and he will participate in the competition in next week after 5 months of absence. His ankle is recovered 70% and he wants to get back the sense of the competition.

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2018/03/17/kiji/20180317s00067000428000c.html

2 minutes ago, yude said:

Kohei Uchimura talked about Yuzuru's win at the Olympics. "I'm speechless. The Olympics was the first competition since he had been injured. If I were him, I could not have done the same. It is impossible for me."

Kohei injured his left ankle at WC in October last year and withdrew, and he will participate in the competition in next week after 5 months of absence. His ankle is recovered 70% and he wants to get back the sense of the competition.

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/ne...00428000c.html

Wow! Wish him the best!. A legend praising another legend :bow: