General Yuzuru Chat

Hello, TV program called "Kataritei" was aired last night and a current ISU judge Yukiko Okabe talked about the rule change of the next season and it was interesting.

・Marking GOE in 11 grades from -5 to +5, the reason for this was there were the voices they wanted to mark more than +3. And in Ms. Okabe's opinion, 4S in SEIMEI of the Olympics would be graded as GOE +5 in new rule as well.

・The length of Men's FS was decided to be 4 minutes from now of 4 minutes and 30 seconds. Japan was opposed to this idea (the opinions of the coaches and teachers were the last 30 seconds of the program was very important to show the judges what the skaters were capable of doing to win), but other countries wanted the elements of the program be condensed in 4 minutes and to make the time length equal to the ladies' FS, and the major reason was said to be they wanted to make the time length of the whole competition shorter.

Also it was funny that Honda said 15 points for 4A was not enough, it should have 20 :laughing:

47 minutes ago, yude said:

Hello, TV program called "Kataritei" was aired last night and a current ISU judge Yukiko Okabe talked about the rule change of the next season and it was interesting

・Marking GOE in 11 grades from -5 to +5, the reason for this was there were the voices they wanted to mark more than +3. And in Ms. Okabe's opinion, 4S in SEIMEI of the Olympics would be graded as GOE +5 in new rule as well.

・The length of Men's FS was decided to be 4 minutes from now of 4 minutes and 30 seconds. Japan was opposed to this idea (the opinions of the coaches and teachers were the last 30 seconds of the program was very important to show the judges what the skaters were capable of doing to win), but other countries wanted the elements of the program be condensed in 4 minutes and to make the time length equal to the ladies' FS, and the major reason was said to be they wanted to make the time length of the whole competition shorter.

Also it was funny that Honda said 15 points for 4A was not enough, it should have 20 :laughing:

Awwww... the host of the show's not wearing a Yuzu-inspired dress like they usually do...

1 hour ago, holina said:

I totally agree!  I have watched his Olympics FS (and SP) so many times already and they never get old!

All his movements (hands, arms, head, turns, timing of spins, steps, jumps) all match the music to a T.  Even more so compared to the old versions.  I don't know but they just feel much more emotional, maybe because of the occasion and the recent injury struggles he has been through.  Compared to the old versions there is an added maturity to it.  I wonder if the FS had no mistakes whether it would have broken the world record again.  I also love Hope and Legacy, but Seimei seems to be a program that is more dramatic and therefore judges (who may not be as emotionally connected to H+L as Yuzu's fans are) may score it higher.  The FS was what, like 17 points from the world record?  Maybe he still would have needed the more difficult quads to match the score of worlds 2017 then?

The Olympics exhibition program as well, it is the best version ever!

He probably wouldn't have. H&L was four quads, two 3As, and all done perfectly, and decent GOE (still underscored) and very good PCS. The way I understand it, he lost 30% of the 4T BV and a -3 GOE on top of that, and there's the 2T rippon that didn't make it in because he switched the 3A combo, and then negative GOE on the Lz. That's a lot of points. With that, he would've won the free skate as well. He might have or at least come very close to breaking the overall record, I guess, that's about 13 points off, but probably not the free skate record.

But it was the choreo sequence of Olympics Seimei that made me blubber triumphantly. Seriously, I was crying like Nobu but he looked so triumphant as he launched into it, as if he had taken on the universe itself and won. It was everything. Makes it the best Seimei ever for me even if he'd technically done it better before, with two 3As, and I love his 3As. The swan killed me all over again. :laughing: 

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

I have this! Yay for being part of that 100,000! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

he got a swan at CoR:peekapooh:

Btw I'm not sure if it's been mentioned (I'm way behind on this thread), but Mama Hanyu received another swan as well at the Olys (I think some of our fellow satellites were able to send her one too at ACI?). All thanks to the bravery of @yuzuangel to approach her :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

7 minutes ago, Anony said:

Kind of off topic, but not really, but have this gem I just found :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Yuzuru should just build an army of bears

This is the best thing I've seen all day :rofl: When the lady shouts 3A!!!!!

4 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Watching Seimei again, it's extraordinary how perfectly choreographed to music it is, and how committed he is to the choreography. He shows it's possible to have multiple quads in a programme and still do that. He's extraordinary.

And Nobu really is all of us when it comes to watching Yuzu. Come and join us, Nobu! 

My mom everytime she sees me watching Seimei (or any of his programs really) "Again??? Why are you watching the same thing over and over??". But truth is she can't help but look whenever that glorious ending steps after the jumps comes (if she's not watching all of it). Kinda surprise me how she remembers the exact part of music :darklordyuzu: