General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, Xen said:

Don't, you might give him ideas. Like the idea of quints. We don't know where he lurks and what his antenna picks up, maybe just stray random troll-worthy thoughts get high priority.

I think he'll probably leave the quints to Stephen Gogolev.  Quad Axel is his current objective and I would imagine the remaining quads (only quad flip is left, isn't it?).  Then onto the next big project - quad/quad combinations, particularly those leading with a quad Axel.  Yuzu has the height and speed to do those, if anyone can.

7 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

Someone here said that the B.esp guys are keen to praise Shoma because one of them has something to with Shoma's coaching? Can anyone shed lights on the details?

Shoma does jump training in the summer at Glacier Ice Arena - where Chris Howarth is academy director.

Watching Seimei again, it's extraordinary how perfectly choreographed to music it is, and how committed he is to the choreography. He shows it's possible to have multiple quads in a programme and still do that. He's extraordinary.

And Nobu really is all of us when it comes to watching Yuzu. Come and join us, Nobu! 

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Watching Seimei again, it's extraordinary how perfectly choreographed to music it is, and how committed he is to the choreography. He shows it's possible to have multiple quads in a programme and still do that. He's extraordinary.

And Nobu really is all of us when it comes to watching Yuzu. Come and join us, Nobu! 

I totally agree!  I have watched his Olympics FS (and SP) so many times already and they never get old!

All his movements (hands, arms, head, turns, timing of spins, steps, jumps) all match the music to a T.  Even more so compared to the old versions.  I don't know but they just feel much more emotional, maybe because of the occasion and the recent injury struggles he has been through.  Compared to the old versions there is an added maturity to it.  I wonder if the FS had no mistakes whether it would have broken the world record again.  I also love Hope and Legacy, but Seimei seems to be a program that is more dramatic and therefore judges (who may not be as emotionally connected to H+L as Yuzu's fans are) may score it higher.  The FS was what, like 17 points from the world record?  Maybe he still would have needed the more difficult quads to match the score of worlds 2017 then?

The Olympics exhibition program as well, it is the best version ever!