General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, paperatoms said:

Here's the link! Quick, someone make a sig!  (Though it sucks we don't know who the animator is)

https://78.media.tumblr.com/ea0d17c875be39d8730e31feb760215a/tumblr_p49lf9y3EL1smsbheo1_1280.gif

here's the original post.Apparently the animator's name is Syuji Takeya

http://tkysj.tumblr.com/post/170955550468/今日は羽生結弦選手がすごかったのでウチのボンゾも滑らせてみました-today-i-saw

10 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I know Yuzu's goal is the 4A, and he says it's his only motivation, but I'd love if he could find new motivation in finding ways to push the new incoming scoring system like he did with the current one. Really, I imagine his 3A could become the first (and only?) jump to ever receive +5 GOE, depending on how they organize the bullet points for the new scale. 

Yuzu will want the highest scores, regardless of what the scoring system is. If they start giving hanamaru instead of points, he'd want the most of that, too, probably. (And he'll want to earn them, not have them gifted, btw.)

12 minutes ago, Floria said:

Brian once mentioned casually about him practicing 4F(around TCC media day iirc), so we can be sure that he at least tried it.

After that scary and incredible 3Lz save I am not sure that right now he is so eager to conquer 4Lz. He said that he was about to fall on that 3Lz the same way as at NHK practice...

Although I am not a professional skater but I remember the moment I broke my wrist each time I do a forward left inside 3-turn. 

Hmm you're right, he did say Yuzu had tried 4F and 4A (actually that's when I realized Brian isn't quite as panicky about 4A as we like to joke, because he seemed to mention it very casually then). There's no point in focusing on 4F now, but if he gets 4A, he might want to have all six quads after all.

As for the Lz, I think it's precisely because it's scary that he'll want to conquer it. It probably won't be easy, because he went without doing it for too long (it's like if you fall of a bicycle, you need to get back on it right away and not give your fear time to grow), but I think he'll want it. But like I said, only unless he risks hurting himself again badly.

And he knows the reason why the lutz and the toeloop were wobbly were because of his ankle. Hasn't he jumped 3Lz in practices? I think he'll go for it. He's conquered his fear of sharing a rink with others, that he had post CoC, too. Faced it right on and dealt with it. He'll do the same with this.

1 minute ago, KatjaThera said:

Yuzu will want the highest scores, regardless of what the scoring system is. If they start giving hanamaru instead of points, he'd want the most of that, too, probably. (And he'll want to earn them, not have them gifted, btw.)

Hmm you're right, he did say Yuzu had tried 4F and 4A (actually that's when I realized Brian isn't quite as panicky about 4A as we like to joke, because he seemed to mention it very casually then). There's no point in focusing on 4F now, but if he gets 4A, he might want to have all six quads after all.

As for the Lz, I think it's precisely because it's scary that he'll want to conquer it. It probably won't be easy, because he went without doing it for too long (it's like if you fall of a bicycle, you need to get back on it right away and not give your fear time to grow), but I think he'll want it. But like I said, only unless he risks hurting himself again badly.

And he knows the reason why the lutz and the toeloop were wobbly were because of his ankle. Hasn't he jumped 3Lz in practices? I think he'll go for it. He's conquered his fear of sharing a rink with others, that he had post CoC, too. Faced it right on and dealt with it. He'll do the same with this.

I think he said something like he'd only tried the Lz a few days before leaving for PC because even the triple is pretty hard on the ankle. And the 4Lo only a day or two before.

Now, it's the 4Lo thing that makes me happy. It means the loop has started to behave again, because he had a few deliberately popped ones in practice there, and one landed one, but nothing that looked like the axis was off or wobbly. Nothing that looked off. The time off without Lz seems to have done the Lo good.

I would not take too seriously any comments athletes make during or shortly after the Olympics, especially if they've done well. They're on an Olympic-induced high and temporarily forget the tedious drudgery  involved in day-to-day training.

Also, for marketing (money) purposes, it is often better for them to initially say they are not planning to retire. 

I find it very difficult to believe that Javi is going to continue competing after this season. My impression is that it was a real grind for him to compete as long as he has.

Just now, GreatLakesGal said:

I would not take too seriously any comments athletes make during or shortly after the Olympics, especially if they've done well. They're on an Olympic-induced high and temporarily forget the tedious drudgery  involved in day-to-day training.

Also, for marketing (money) purposes, it is often better for them to initially say they are not planning to retire. 

I find it very difficult to believe that Javi is going to continue competing after this season. My impression is that it was a real grind for him to make it as far as he has.

It's not just now, he's been saying it ever since he got the European title. And even before, he never said he would retire, just that he definitely wouldn't go to Beijing and that he might only do a few competitions, and not the whole season as until now.

Javi had also planned to take time off after Sochi and sit out the grand prix season, but the GPF taking place in Barcelona put an end to that.

Of course, he might go home after this and decide he can't be bothered to go back, or he might get bored out of his mind and crash into TCC more motivated than ever. He probably doesn't know himself.