General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, dorkyiceprince said:

Even worse is trying to explain this to people who find figure skating interesting because of an anime. I mean how people get into really doesn't matter but sometimes the things the say..

I have two friends who're crazy fans of Yuri on Ice and they got interested in Yuzu because of it and were watching the Olympics. One of them, after the SP said "Wow...they did a lot more jumps in YoI" :facepalm: 

And naturally because of that they were super impressed with Nathan's FS :facepalm::slinkaway:

Just so you know, I am a crazy fan of Yuri on Ice as well. I have more YOI merchandises than I have Yuzu's. My profile picture before the current one was a chibi Victor Nikiforov in Makkachin-style onesie. You would not see me being impressed with Chen until he developed true artistry to complement his jumps.

Please do not lump all of us YOI fans into the same basket.

Just like we, fans of Yuzuru Hanyu, do not like being lumped together as 'people who just like him for his looks but do not care about the sport' or 'the rude fans who cannot tolerate people who do not worship the ground Hanyu walks on'.

There are rational YOI fans. There are also irrational Yuzuru Hanyu's fans.

If you are unimpressed with YOI and some of the fans, it's fine. But the issue is not that. The issue is the ill-informed viewers.

Not all YOI fans are ill-informed. And not all ill-informed viewers are YOI fans.

48 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Way to get the basic facts straight. Zu's 24 (we're in after 7 December 2018 already apparently), and Uno is 19 (wait, so we're still in before 17 December 2017). The level of journalistic integrity is astounding. Either that, or the Math level.