General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

I am not surprised that they don't see each other often, and we know that most of the time they have different training schedules so they rarely see each other at TCC. I don't doubt that they haven't seen each other since Worlds or haven't even contacted each other between Worlds and WTT. But it shouldn't mean that they don't hear anything about the other - Brian, Tracy, or any other skater never mention Yuzu when they talk with Javi/they are in contact with him through sms, e-mails, whatever? 

I think either the journalist made a mistake or Javi was confused about the facts.

Maybe Javi simply doesn't care to the extent that he didn't bother to ask about JN and its results; maybe he just have a tendency to forget and mix up things that aren't valuable to him.

Maybe the recent Worlds messed up his memory, I don't know... Anyways, like it has already been mentioned above, his interviews can be somewhat questionable. I was surprised by that huge factual error too, but it may not be the journalist's fault after all.

2 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

well the good thing is that you have many choices to choose from ... but then the many choices mean you have to think carefully about what you want ... but don't stress too much about it, just do what feels right...

thank you so much; thats exactly what i needed to hear:POOH:

58 minutes ago, breadstal said:

I don't know, I'm sure they know what they're doing and are aware of cons and pros of all these quads and him pushing himself and don't do that recklessly. I don't believe he and Raf don't care about his hip/ health is not right, I'm sure they do their best to have proper care and train in and for best condition. And this is all just talk, we will see, I hope he won't go that far but I just hope he will be healthy. (I think these kind of talks should be in other thread). 

About Yuzu/ Javi, it was always about them respecting each other, I've never ever heard them being 'BFFs', other than from shippers lol 

I agree that Nathan's team are probably aware of the risks, especially because Nathan has sustained many serious injuried when he was younger. I believe he had a condition with his growth plates where his bones didn't develop fast enough to support his increased muscle, which is what caused his very specific hip injury in the 2015-2016 season. Now that he's older and more developed, that condition has less effects on him. However, 6-7 quads is really pushing it and even if they're aware of the risks he seems very confident and ambitious, so we will see what happens. 

ETA: Ok, we've moved onto split jumps :biggrin: sorry for the :offtopic:

1 minute ago, lilsailor said:

Has Yuzuru ever done a split jump - that was caught on camera obviously... just wondering, because its one of my favourite elements :(

I think there was some gala finale few years ago when all men did split jumps - including Yuzu.

There's also Ghana one, with forward split.

1 minute ago, axelnojutsu said:

Does the one from the Ghana CM count? 

i don't think i've seen it yet:/

Just now, Dara said:

I think there was some gala finale few years ago when all men did split jumps - including Yuzu.

There's also Ghana one, with forward split.

does anyone have a link? 

2 minutes ago, rozuyu said:

Another split from NHK 2015 gala, around 3:25:

Unfortunately it's only a wide shot... it's one of my favorite gala finales of all time - nicely choreographed, great Gershwin medley and a rare Yuzuru split! Pity we can't see it up close.

dont mind me as i ferociously click the replay button,