General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Yes, I know this - I was actually surprised that Javi said something like it was not his fault. The whole docu had a strange atmosphere though, as if the intention was to provoke drama.

And it's kinda funny because they have never been close. After Yuzuru won Olympic he also had too packed schedule, too much noise around him. It's no surprise Yuzuru himself doesn't even talk to his previous close friends for long.

Oh by that way Icenetwork has chosen their "person of the year" lol http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2017/05/15/229795804

Can I just say that there's no actual confirmation Nathan will go for 7 quads yet (or that he'll be able to, or that Raf will let him, etc.). He made an off-hand comment about maybe giving 7 quads a try in an interview but it was vague, but like everything with Nathan, it will probably depend on the time of the day whether he'll actually jump 5, 6 or 7 quads...

I don't know, I'm sure they know what they're doing and are aware of cons and pros of all these quads and him pushing himself and don't do things that recklessly. I don't believe he and Raf don't care about his hip/ health is not right, I'm sure they do their best to have proper care and train in and for best condition. And this is all just talk, we will see, I hope he won't go that far but I just hope he will be healthy. (I think these kind of talks should be in other thread). 

About Yuzu/ Javi, it was always about them respecting each other, I've never ever heard them being 'BFFs', other than from shippers lol 

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

Can I just say that there's no actual confirmation Nathan will go for 7 quads yet (or that he'll be able to, or that Raf will let him, etc.). He made an off-hand comment about maybe giving 7 quads a try in an interview but it was vague, but like everything with Nathan, it will probably depend on the time of the day whether he'll actually jump 5, 6 or 7 quads...

Even if Nathan doesn't do 7 quads, he can still do 6 quads with 4lz and 4F repeating and I think he already can do that in practice. 

11 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Yes, I know this - I was actually surprised that Javi said something like it was not his fault. The whole docu had a strange atmosphere though, as if the intention was to provoke drama.

Lol, no matter what was said or not said in that documentary, the only thing that was important was that side by side clip of skating practice. Speaks for itself. Maybe the spanish media that produced it don't know enough about skating to be able to tell the difference, but the difference in their skating skills!

2 minutes ago, itiahs said:

Lol, no matter what was said or not said in that documentary, the only thing that was important was that side by side clip of skating practice. Speaks for itself. Maybe the spanish media that produced it don't know enough about skating to be able to tell the difference, but the difference in their skating skills!

Yeah, I was trying to attach a GIF last night, but failed to. It was their side-by-side gliding which showed Yuzu was superior...

Just now, itiahs said:

Yes, for that one minute it was worth watching.

8 minutes ago, meoima said:

And it's kinda funny because they have never been close.

Even if they have never been so close, it's just unnecessary to cause drama which may not even exist. :confused2:

Regarding javi/yuzu relationship, I'd like to think they're friendly rivals rather than soulmates/bffs/bros. At least from what I read from the interviews of Brian/Tracy/related indv, they don't really hang out together and they are not training at the same time. And we know they have very different cultural background and hobbies etc.

To me, it isn't surprising at all that Javi doesn't know/care to know Yuzu very well. Despite what shippers may see, I think it is already very admirable just to be polite and respectful to another top skater fighting for the same resources.

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

I read somewhere in GS that Nathan declared thar if he wins OGM he will r**** and focus on school. Maybe he is ready to risk it all...

its that he would like to r***** after OG or he will have to quit after OG because of terrible hips.

The thing is, nathan is a nice kid, very goal oriented and i really want to like him, but then he doesnt respect the artistry of the sports (sportistry?) or the people who tries to have a career out of it, like Yuzu or Shoma, whose entire life is and will centre around ice. so i feel the karmic side of him trying to swoop in is not the right thing to do. 

7 minutes ago, meoima said:

Even if Nathan doesn't do 7 quads, he can still do 6 quads with 4lz and 4F repeating and I think he already can do that in practice. 

6-7 quads at FS sounds unbelievable and risky especially at OG with all the extra pressure there, but who knows. Very interesting to see the first competitions next season. I also wonder how will 6-7 quads affect to the presentation.  

I am not a Juzuvier shipper, but I'd like to point out something. 

Yuzuru and Javier have known each other for years. And if you all have had a long-lasting friendship, then you know that the relationship changes with time, it develops, it becomes stronger or weaker. It can be tight or less tight, intense or less intense. I do believe Yuzuru and Javier are friends, because I think they have enjoyed spending time with one another in a careless way, have enjoyed each other's support, and luckily, they still have it. Of course rivarly comes in the way of their relationship, but tons of videos on the internet prove that their relationship isn't strictly professional. 

To me, a recent gesture that hit me was when Yuzuru put the World Gold medal around Javi's neck, and they hugged for a long time. That proves, to me, that even though they don't chill out together anymore, they don't spend time together, they don't even speak together as much as they used to, they feel envy towards one another, maybe, but they still 'love' each other in the most sincere and disinterested way. At least, I am sure Yuzuru does, because Yuzuru is that kind of person. 

20 minutes ago, cherry said:

Regarding javi/yuzu relationship, I'd like to think they're friendly rivals rather than soulmates/bffs/bros. At least from what I read from the interviews of Brian/Tracy/related indv, they don't really hang out together and they are not training at the same time. And we know they have very different cultural background and hobbies etc.

To me, it isn't surprising at all that Javi doesn't know/care to know Yuzu very well. Despite what shippers may see, I think it is already very admirable just to be polite and respectful to another top skater fighting for the same resources.

Exactly, they're good training mates and good rivals. They have healthy sportsmanship towards each other. 

But that doesn't mean they're close. In fact they might nor care and know about each other much. 

On the other hand, I think Yuzuru might not watch Javi at Spain national. Cause there's nothing much different, Javi didn't do more quads. 

1 hour ago, Puniyo said:

University is fun... I miss my times in college ^^

And don't worry about your future career... take it easy... I only decided about a possible job when I was in my 3rd year (not the best example :bash:)

idk what course im even going for at this points:smiley_facepalm: it's between international relations, history, law, media with society, and psychology