General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

And Yuzu would be like "don't be scared! Is just me!! :laughing:

Those frames do not suit him at all. He looks geeky but not cute geeky. Asian actors are often costumed like this for American TV shows when they are cast as villains.

Amazing how he can vary his appearance so much. Maybe he should consider an acting career.

46 minutes ago, GreatLakesGal said:

Those frames do not suit him at all. He looks geeky but not cute geeky. Asian actors are often costumed like this for American TV shows when they are cast as villains.

Amazing how he can vary his appearance so much. Maybe he should consider an acting career.

Um, those frame styles are pretty common and popular in Asia. At least in China, a lot of the more hip guys go for those frame shapes (or slightly bigger ones). He honestly looks like a college boy/new graduate school boy from my part of the world-all wholesome and nice, and won't your mom be so happy to meet him type. 

Lol...I bet a lot of moms would be if you took him home with you. 

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

Um, those frame styles are pretty common and popular in Asia. At least in China, a lot of the more hip guys go for those frame shapes (or slightly bigger ones). He honestly looks like a college boy/new graduate school boy from my part of the world-all wholesome and nice, and won't your mom be so happy to meet him type. 

They are also very common in the middle Europe where I come from, plus his crinky, adorable, make-your-eyes-into-slits smile is working wonders on me :smiley-love017: I guess I would be that happy-you-brought-him mom...

On 1/29/2018 at 6:22 PM, xeyra said:

I'm surprised that 4CC 2017 didn't have a bit higher ratings than that. It was basically Worlds without Javi for the men. It did spike up in the FS a bit, though.

Do you know at which percentage it's considered good ratings?

I am not knowledgeable on TV ratings in Japan, but my impression from the limited news and fan reactions related to the few Japanese dramas I watched is that generally they are aiming for double digits (>10%), so everything above that is pretty good (Of course, that is for TV drama). Really popular TV dramas generally have 15-20% (some even >20%). For sports I am unsure on, but from what I can tell, few popular sports like sumo, race/marathon, world cup etc have up to 20-25% viewership, but the majority are around 5-8% (generally <10%). Also, 4CC is not broadcasted live in Japan (I am unsure about this year, but last year they aired after the results were determined. It was also on a Sunday night), so the ratings don't necessarily reflect the level of interest in the competition as accurately as we would like considering many can find out the result online and such before it was broadcasted.

Also, all three ratings I used in the post before are from Kanto area, and I know each area differ in their interest in the sport. For example, Worlds last year the ratings for Men's SP was 12.7% and FS was 18.1% in the Kanto area, whereas in Sendai, SP was 20.4% and FS 26.1% (it was the most watched program that week! talk about hometown love). As far as I know, Kanto's statistics are the most accessible because there is a company (?) that publishes their data collection on viewership in Kanto area whereas the other areas you need to look up in physical newspaper (like Sendai's for example) if they are published at all. 

Generally, I think segments that feature Yuzu have higher viewership on average. For example, the viewership rating for the segment when Yuzu visited the affected areas by Tohoku earthquake back in 2016 was 14.9% specifically (the avg was ~10%), and the KiritoruTV and The Legend generally had 12-14% in viewership during Yuzu's segment. Yuzu's appearance in Asaichi program in 2015 had ~13% compared to the 10-11% in the past.

Hopefully that helps! Sorry I don't know much about viewerships at all. Maybe a Japanese native here can give better insight about them.

P.S.: Do you know that Yuzu's segment that contained the WR in SP and FS during GPF 2015 both had ~30% in ratings in Kanto area? 

1 hour ago, Xen said:

I thought that in recent years the oversized glasses and round glasses have been popular in Japan, Korea and China. I used to have some glasses exactly like Yuzu’s and I hated them so much so I barely wore them and ruined my vision even more lol

but he looks adorable in them like always 

4 hours ago, GreatLakesGal said:

Perhaps Magnificent Nine was a sign. :LOL:  I know he's not into an acting career, but if he does, I think his fan base will explode! :embSwan:

2 hours ago, Lunna said:

p.s. I like square glasses :slinkaway:

I had a pair almost exactly like those last year... and this year mine are similar to that, but not black anymore.... my face shape allows me to wear many different styles very easily, I think he can too. I like him in all the frames I've seen him in, pretty much.