General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, daisyjune said:

So, is there any possibility that interview by Javi was recorded this year, like January 1 or 2?

I may be wrong but I hear one of radio hosts saying "happy new year" to Javi after 1:00, or not??

I don't know almost anything about Spanish, so I may be completely wrong :laughing:

God, we analyse every tidbit to death, don't we! Our deaths, that is. :13877886::dpooh::13877886::Poohgaveup:

Javi's words were VERY straight forward. There's no doubt that Yuzu is okay now. However, i mentioned that he was vague because he literally said (i am going to translate as literal as possible)

"Yuzuru, well... Yuzuru has been injured, he has recovered now, and well, we're training."

He didn't say "we're training together", just that they are training which could mean anything from "he is still doing basic stroking on the ice" to "he is already well enough to do some jumps".

ETA: I think the "together" part came because he used the plural "estamos". It only means they are both training.

Either it was that he wasn't supposed to say anything (like someone here suggested) or that he simply didn't want to draw much attention to Yuzuru because he was the one being interviewed but if he mentionedYuzuru (which was inevitable since they asked him about his rivals), he had to say something about his injury.

In general, i feel like Javi uses vague language (idk if it's a spanish thing tbh) so it reads like his usual way of talking.

The thing is, i personally feel the same because he isn't really saying anything we didn't know: We know that Yuzu has been recovering from some time now, we had a report that he was back on the ice a while ago and we didn't really have a reason to think that he wasn't doing ok (if you were thinking about that then chill because negative thinking about his condition will only make you miserable lol).

What Max said only confirms that: he is progressing.

I don't really feel gloomy about this, i honestly feel the same i felt yesterday and last week, because we really don't know what recovery means (and i doubt we will know before PC).

A Brief History of the Poohvalanche

They’re lurking in the stands, just waiting for Him to do his skate and then it is time.  Time for them to come cascading down to meet the ice and claim it as their own.  Hey, World, it’s Pooh Time.  It’s time to let Him know just how much we appreciate Him.  No, that’s wrong.  How much we adore HIM.  Yes, it’s Pooh time.  Though it wasn’t always like this.  There was a time when Pooh wasn’t there, wasn’t there to encourage Him when going out on the ice and wasn’t there to greet Him when leaving the ice to await the judgment of the Gods of the Rink.  There was a time when Pooh had yet to make his appearance, was yet to increase his numbers from one competition to another.  This is the History of the Poohvalanche.

In those first years Pooh is scarce in numbers.  He first appears at Yuzuru’s side in the 2011/12 season, making his first appearance on the ice at the short program of the 2011 Nebelhorn Trophy.  It is a humble beginning but in the competitions to come and the years to come Pooh would come to reign and rain onto the ice.  We next see Pooh on the ice at the 2011 Japanese nationals, and this time there are more than one Pooh gracing the surface of the ice.  True, his numbers will increase as competition follows competition, but the pattern is set in that season.  The Time of the Pooh is nigh.  The next season will grow the tale.

Pooh’s numbers are still small as that season begins, but at the GPF we see the first Large Pooh, seeing Pooh on growth hormones.  Pooh’s numbers, though, are still limited.  But with Pooh at Yuzuru’s side at every kiss and cry scene the message is getting out.  Yuzuru loves his Pooh and so Yuzuru’s fans are seeing how they can best reward him after each skate.  The word is out.  Pooh will prevail.

Comes the next season and Pooh is present, though his numbers are yet small.  But his presence is consistent.  The pattern is being set for Yuzuru’s fans.  The greatest sign of their admiration is to cast a Pooh onto the ice.  And they will the next season.  2013/14 was the breakout season for Yuzuru the skater.  2014/15 will be the breakout season for the Champions mascot.

After the free skate at Yuzuru’s first competition, the Cup of China, we see the first Poohvalanche in history (We also see the disastrous collision and its aftermath – a Yuzuru skating with a large bandage wrapped around his head and a smaller one on his chin).  The ice is covered with the many Poohs, some small, some large, all of them yellow.  Pooh’s day has arrived.  Later in the season we see reduced numbers, but still at the NHK and the GPF Pooh is present, as also at the Japan nationals.

It is the World Championships where we see the first MegaPoohvalanches in history.  In the short program the Pooh’s are innumerable, with one particular one quite memorable – a Pooh that is fully as large as the flower boy who retrieves him.  The free skate is even more spectacular, prompting one commentator to remark they should put a blade on a Zamboni to clear the ice.  At the World Team Trophy Pooh’s numbers are considerably less.  Perhaps Pooh was to be found only in limited numbers at the stores where they’re bought.  The Pooh toy industry had probably never coped with demand on such scale.

In the next season (2015/16) at Skate Canada Pooh’s numbers in both the short program and free skate are not overly impressive.  The next competition is the NHK, Yuzuru’s home turf and the beginning of the two weeks heard round the skating world, the two weeks that would see Yuzuru break all three scoring records (SP, FS and combined) and then break them all over again two weeks later.  The fans in the stands were comparitively restrained.  The Poohs were really quite meager when compared with previous Poohvalanches.  In fact that NHK’s fan response does not even qualify as a Poohvalanche.  In fact, despite the history-making achievement of Yuzuru in those two weeks and the following Japanese national competition, we do not see any legitimate Poohvalanches.  The well had run dry.  At the World Championships, though, in the FS we do see a Poohvalanche, although it is rather modest when compared to previous events.  At least it lets us know that Pooh is still alive and ready to descend.

Pooh is to be found right near the beginning of the next (2016/17) season when after the FS at Skate Canada there is a mild Poohvalanche.  Rather disappointing though is the response at the NHK when Pooh makes a very meager appearance, not even enough to qualify as a Poohvalanche.  At the GPF Pooh is also present, but not in considerable numbers.  Not quite a Poohvalanche there, neither in the SP or the FS.  Comes the 4CC and Pooh is there bigtime, with definite Poohvalanches after the SP and even moreso after the FS.  At the World Championships Pooh also reigns and rains, although he is comparatively absent at the World Team Trophy following to fully end the season.

Then comes this season, a season characterized more by Yuzuru’s absence rather than his presence.  At the ACI there are no Poohs, no anything since the audience can cast nothing on the ice.  That changes however at the next (and last competition he skates at this season), the Rostelecom Cup.  At the Rostelecom Pooh declares himself with two consecutive MegaPoohvalanches after both the SP and the FS.  So Pooh has declared his supremacy and it is fitting that in the last competition Yuzuru skates before his injury that it is the massive Pooh presence in Moscow that is the memory Yuzuru carries into the Olympics coming up just weeks from now.  May we see Poohvalanches to match the Rostelecom in PC, in essence bookending Yuzuru’s long absence from view of his fans everywhere, with gold at the end of the rainbow he has been pursuing for four long years.

I hope someone on Yuzu's team is working on a way to disguise his tissue box so that Yuzu can still have Pooh with him. Because how can Yuzu skate without first tweaking Pooh's nose? No Pooh at the Olympics would be tragic.

Perhaps a slip-on cover of some sort that makes Pooh look like another animal. But which animal? I'm rather partial to that poodle from Yuri on Ice. But given how cat-like Yuzu is, maybe a feline would be better. 

Just now, GreatLakesGal said:

I hope someone on Yuzu's team is working on a way to disguise his tissue box so that Yuzu can still have Pooh with him. Because how can Yuzu skate without first tweaking Pooh's nose? No Pooh at the Olympics would be tragic.

Perhaps a slip-on cover of some sort that makes Pooh look like another animal. But which animal? I'm rather partial to that poodle from Yuri on Ice. But given how cat-like Yuzu is, maybe a feline would be better. 

I am confused, he isn't allowed to even bring it to the venue or what?

9 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I am confused, he isn't allowed to even bring it to the venue or what?

Yeah cus of the Disney brand. But fans can throw it on the ice I think, cus who really going to stop thousand of fans armed with plushies and flowers. 

I wish his fans would all wear Pooh ears though. That would be a comforting site to see.  :10636614:

11 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I wish his fans would all wear Pooh ears though. That would be a comforting site to see

I'm hoping they'll have Pooh ears, Pooh cloaks, Pooh shirts, Pooh anything, making the stands look like a Pooh version of a Star Trek or Star Wars convention.  That would be totally demoralizing for the other skaters.

1 minute ago, micaelis said:

I'm hoping they'll have Pooh ears, Pooh cloaks, Pooh shirts, Pooh anything, making the stands look like a Pooh version of a Star Trek or Star Wars convention.  That would be totally demoralizing for the other skaters.

I like the idea suggested before where fans tie a pooh on a rope and dangles pooh down like a fishing rod :smiley-laughing021: *lol not sure if I read this here or on twitter*

Then yuzu can at least touch pooh's head.

I hope someone can throw a pooh tissue box so he can bring it to the K&C :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

6 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I'm hoping they'll have Pooh ears, Pooh cloaks, Pooh shirts, Pooh anything, making the stands look like a Pooh version of a Star Trek or Star Wars convention.

I'd like to wear something Pooh-related during the men's events at PC but I get so easily self-conscious :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw: 

I'm determined to throw a Pooh plushie on the ice though :dpooh:

18 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Yeah cus of the Disney brand. But fans can throw it on the ice I think, cus who really going to stop thousand of fans armed with plushies and flowers. 

I wish his fans would all wear Pooh ears though. That would be a comforting site to see.  :10636614:

So, no chance of him sneaking it into the venue and just not... taping Pooh to the boards? squeeze it behind the boards?

Blasphemy