General Yuzuru Chat

Thanks for all of your lovely comments for the banner, I've been reading them but only had the chance to reply today. I in turn was really touched and felt really honored as I went through each message for him – they are truly lovely, each one of them. The banner developed really organically with the messages, and it does feel that more power is somehow imbued into the banner with each message added to it! He may read it all or he may read a little bit at a time, but I think the presence and weight of each message is a source of strength regardless.

So I've been quite a hermit from usual news/articles/magazines because of the banner/video/dead phone/traveling (all happening at the same time :o), but I'll be gradually returning to regular programming. Feel free to DM on twitter/pm here/ message on tumblr or whatever if there are pieces you guys are interested in reading as always!

On 12/27/2017 at 6:51 AM, kaerb said:

@gladi, thank you so much for this gorgeous piece of work (and to all your quality inspectors and emotional supporters). I hope he unfurled all 7m of it with the biggest smile on his face :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

(I see my art lol! laksjdsa what a lovely surprise to be able to spot it)

I thought your drawing was absolutely darling too, all the animals :3

On 12/27/2017 at 7:22 AM, LadyLou said:

help someone come here to pick me up with a spoon, I've melted :tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw::tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

Thank you thank you thank you to @gladi, to all the wonderful people who helped, to the satellites of this planet and all the awesome Yuzu fans all over the world for this beautiful banner! :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg::grouphug::tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: 

and of course a special thank you to Yuzuru,  who brought all of us together :tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

I hope it can cheer him up and make him smile :10742289:

*spoons and pours into a teacup* Yuzu did bring us all together!

On 12/27/2017 at 9:53 AM, paperatoms said:

Wow, that banner is truly a work of art! (And the sparkles were the icing on the cake!) :bow:

Dec 4, the day before it was delivered, was rhinestone madness from start to finish but we got it done and documented 30 minutes before I had to go catch my flight. XD And then, with that 30 minutes and the leftover rhinestones, we added rhinestone stars to the first galactic panel and rhinestoned the card to him as well \oo/ Only the sparkliest!

giphy.gif giphy.gif

(of course, the final card says "so yuzu" not "so smug" XD)

On 12/27/2017 at 10:41 AM, Xen said:

@gladi: That banner is beautiful! Thank you and everyone involved for organizing such a massive project of support. Hope Yuzu likes the banner-and each time he feels down, he can go wrap himself in those 7 meters and roll around until he feels better. =) @Yatagarasu: you got mentioned, so  thank you too for keeping everyone sane!

(And cats as QA managers are totally appropriate :kitty:)

He can wrap himself in it or he can hug it tight or he can pick a corner at random to look at anytime and maybe discover something new each time!  Maybe read 30 messages before he's allowed each quad, 20 if it's all in English *built-in resting mechanism* *Agrees cats as QA managers are totally appropriate*

@Yatagarasu is a darling XD I forgot which competition we were zombie-watching while going back and forth on the card...

12 minutes ago, Lunna said:

Sportiva = Noto usually = A LOT D: D: D: D: D: 

Tanaka especially always tweets his mountains of "not selected"'s (flipped to the backside so no one can see) D:

But indeed, a lot... worth kidnapping said photographers and holding them for hostage in exchange for their hard drive XD jk.

11 minutes ago, Lunna said:

dunno about pros but i can take a couple of hundred to a thousand pictures at any given event and edit down to 30 or so I like and 10 or less that are worth sharing.

so.... I'd guess they have a lot.

17 минут назад, CupidsBow сказал:

dunno about pros but i can take a couple of hundred to a thousand pictures at any given event and edit down to 30 or so I like and 10 or less that are worth sharing.

Yeah, I will be lucky to have hundred good photos from thousands taken, but as pros I think they have more really good ones

18 минут назад, gladi сказал:

But indeed, a lot... worth kidnapping said photographers and holding them for hostage in exchange for their hard drive XD jk.

And also we should rob Asachi and Fuji TV archives with gigabytes of unreleased videos...

30 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

lol same -- sometimes discovering a hidden 'outtake' gem is the best surprise (I'm sure Yuzu's absence means they've had to do a bit of a scour for new material since JP magazines seem to be determined to continue their Yuzu features). Gahhh, what I wouldn't give for their harddrives T__T

20 minutes ago, Lunna said:

And also we should rob Asachi and Fuji TV archives with gigabytes of unreleased videos...

I remember there was a 4Lz landed right in front of Fuji cameras during FaOI practices.... we never saw that. :dry: